MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsSurvival's Fall Gathering...Who's Coming?

Darlene

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planning on coming "big D". Our gathering is 17+ Oct weekend so hoping some can make it across the mts for ours. Looking forward to meeting you pretty critters and even those smelly hairy legged types also. Darlene, please PM if I can help anyway, wc

Uh...you see, saying that to a dad might work. At the worst, it could lead to being grounded. But, I'd be saying it to my husband! The one who thinks that anyplace south the the Mason Dixson line is foreign soil. I can hear him now: "Well,if something happens to you 'down there, I hope you don't think that I'm coming to get you out.". laughkick

Seriously though, I am going to pray on this one. It sounds like a free and wonderful time. And cretainly more adventurous than the library, church and the supermarket! But it is also hubbie's busy season and I am his help when things get too tough.

By the way, I was teasing about the personal invite. I'm not that weird. Most of the time. whistle

Grace007....I can so totally relate to you it isn't even funny!!!! I'm in MS and I'm trying to think of how I can talk my DH into it as well. I want to go so badly!!!!!! Like nothing I've wanted in a very long time...just don't think he will go for it...me going alone. I drove all over Belgium and Germany before I met him and actually lived on my own for some time, but seems I lost my "big girl panties" when I married him.

Originally Posted By: Darlene
Originally Posted By: Trip
HEY!! I have plenty to do...

0500 arise to coffee..( best be some!)

0500 to 0600... Rest up for breakfast..

0630 to ??? relax and digest breakfast...while thinking about lunch..

1200...lunch...

1330...sit on porch with Westy helping her ring her bell...she's weak ya kno...

1500..nap...until dinner bell rings...

1700.... sit in shade and think about the day...

1800...HAPPY HOUR !!!!....

2200 bed...

now just where you planning to stick extra stuff??????...I didn't think so.... being busy is an art form all in and of it's self.....

grin

That's the list I forged just to get you here...

The REAL list as is follows:

0600 - Rise and make your own stupid coffee

0630 - Feed and water all the animals

0700 - Cut grass in front center of property

0800 - 15 min breakfast break...if you're nice I'll make a hot breakfast. If you're a caveman you get a storebought granola bar.

0815 - back to cutting grass in front center of property.

1000 - Get post hold digger and dig new hole for new mailbox

1100 - Mix up concrete and set new post for mailbox

1200 - lunch

1230 - cut front left section of property

1430 - cut back right of property

1600 - cut back center section of peropty

1830 - dinner

1900 - feed and water animals for night

1930 - bring in moving boxes from garage to Darlene so she can unpack more

2100 - Relax on front porch.

2130 - nite nite.

Now, this is for Day One.

It gets more interesting as the days go by.

You got animals what don't eat grass then ya best be getting some..we caqn eat the slackers...

mow??? with crits that eat grass you get it cut free, you get free stuff for the garden and you eat them after they get done mowing..

I visit with your maile man and splain life ( or the lack of), he then drives to door and hands you your mail...

Girl you need help dealing with all this crap..good thing I'm a community organizer... rofl
Originally Posted By: westbrook
and trip... you forgot all the thinking and planning on how we are gonna get that turtle! why that alone will take up a lot of time!

thinking is very hard work!

Ya kno Westy, I must be off my game, yer right girl we gonna need a goodly bit of time settin this hit up right..

We will need a daay or so on the porch restin and thinking..then a couple a days to scout out the pond, find the best way in thru the outer defenses to a good hide, then we gotta lay up for a good bit to make sure he ain't got scouts out lookin for sign of a team headin in...then after ..oh say a few days, we wait for the perfect shot and pop it's done..we then have exfil out, and of course they will be on us like tanning oil on a beach...we may have to run for it so when we get back it will be a couple of days before we sober up from the after hit party...

I can see we could eat up a week or so...

yep...plannin is hard work... grin

momnplanmode, you didn't lose 'them', he removed them on the honeymoon and put them carefully away for 'when disaster strikes'!

All joking aside, when we marry we DO put ourselves under our husband's wing. And, while often a tight place, it IS where our marriage will thrive.

Lunamom, you paint an irresistable image. If I never get to have it for myself, please glory in it for both of us!

I live in Los Angeles.. we dont have no stinkin' Mason Dixon line!

and what does that have to do with anything in 2008?

no we don't live under our husbands wing to thrive.. we thrive standing next to him as his partner!

all that kind of thinking is only about control! I am so sorry my husband has so many contracts now that he can't come and he is sorry to.. but he sends me off with a hug and kiss and tells me to have an awe some time...oh and makes sure I have lots of money on my debit card!

I am glad we don't don't have a mason dixon line here or I would have never married!

Westie, you are dear! I love your boldness. You refresh me. bighug

Please be aware that I live under my husband's wing out of choice, not demand. It makes him feel secure. And if I can guarantee him one less concern, I am gratful to be able to do so. He is such a good husband, there is very little that I would not grant him. I am happy that your husband's situation allows for your absence, but, without help, my husband would actually work himself to death during the heavy season. I want to preserve him. (By the way, he would not deny me the trip even knowing what it would cost him. That's the kind of man I'm trying to preserve.)

So, my prayer is not: Lord please make him let me go. It is: Lord, if this is something that you would like me to do, let us see and use all that will allow it to happen.

And I hope, for your sake, that you won't regret Him answering that prayer! whistle

My sweet hubby is practically pushing me out the door. lol

And he's keeping the five youngest children so that I can go and have fun! He's my hero!

And he's sending the two oldest with me, when they would be an enormous help to him. He's a good daddy too!

After all, it's only for a weekend (for me anyway).

star

Darlene and Westie and all,

Are we going to perhaps have any "foraging" classes? I'm thinking about the wild mushrooms that grow around here for one thing. I thought we might could bring some of our local plants for identification? I could really use some training in that area.

I'm going to bring my whittling! I'm a complete novice, but I surely enjoy it and I think it's a great skill for the kiddos to develop. Any master whittlers out there?

I can't wait to hear what all you've got planned! woohoo

if.... wait.. IF darlene doesn't mow.. there is wild strawberries in her fields.. clover, and so much more..

we are gonna forage for a turtle! the boys can help!

Well before I left MT I loaded up more guns then I needed so I could teach some basic shooting skills to any who want it...and I really enjoy working with kids....they learn fast as do women..

I brought 22's up to my Ak-47... will find a safe back stop and we can have a good time..

BUT only if ya wanna, if not I can sit in shade with Westy and ring the ice tea bell!!...

This will be fun!!

My boys are grinning ear to ear! They definitely want to be two of your students...as a matter of fact so do I!

This is a wonderful opportunity to learn such an important prep skill! trip2

I may have to see if dh can take the Friday off so we don't miss anything. I wasn't planning on coming down until early Sat. am.

And Darlene is right! They have muscles! woohoo

Archived