MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prairie Chic!

It's finally happened,

Deco Drive, a superficial,fashion driven Miami show (watched by all the designers, fashion types etc) has decreed that western/prairie clothing is THE *IN* thing. (www.wsvn.com)

That's right, your cutting edge. tongue.gif

The real show (I know Darlene is on the floor giggling by now) is on at ten tonight but I almost spit my tea at seeing the "the previews" this morning of designer doe-skin shirts, fringe, cotton drawstring, prairie skirts and teal cowboys boots (okay, I can't say too much there, I own teal cowgirl boots..LOL).

Just because you can't wear leather fringe or sheep skin jackets till Dec. down here means nothing, IT'S FASHION!!!!!!

Cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

So far,

I've found out it's a segment called fashion forward but is still not realising pics!

I did watch the segment and had to put a hand over my mouth on the proper way to wear your blue jean jacket with a long skirt. Even though they had horses and such decore, I thought the scrub palms in the background didn't quite work.

*w*

Cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

Guest Guest

**Giggling at the thought that Cookie Jar somehow thinks we feed chickens, taxi kids, and can tomatoes in prairie skirts and fringed doeskins!!!**

rolleyes.gif

------------------

cat.jpg

smarty CAT!!! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

LOL, No silly,

Just that anything that wasn't A.navel exposing or B. made of polyester caught their eye. I found that AMAZIIINNNGGGGG.

I am not THAT clueless. grin.gif

I'm aware that no one is in full pocohantas dress while going to Walmart or daycare. Smarty brat Cat.

Just so that you don't think everyone here is wearing a bikini or thong to work. *lifted eyebrow and raspberry*:eyerolls:

But hearing scathingly skinny models gushing over their ryder jeans was just a bit much for me.

Cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

Guest Guest

Give me a comfortable pair of jeans and an equally comfortable shirt any day over some over priced and over exposed outifts by the so called designers!

Guest Guest

I'm with you FarmLady! I'm not into those fancy , so-called fashionable things either... smile.gif I don't need to expose anything more than I possibly have to! wink.gif

------------------

50_p1689.jpg

Guest Guest

Well geez, I'm already set then...

I own about 3 fringed leather jackets, cowboy boots, cowgirl jeans, etc etc etc...

I look much better in that than the thong thangies...

LOL

------------------

d5.jpg

Guest Guest

I love to put on a pretty dress once in a while and get all dressed up, but mostly I am just plain old me. Jeans and t shirts, sweatshirts and comfy clothes!

I love cottons, light shirts, drawstring pantys. I also like some of the new materials like Solumbria for people with fair skin. I still have to *dress* for work and some evenings out... but we all know where my secret heart is even if Cat thinks I'm clueless. Okay cluess-more-then-usual.

BTW I wrote channel seven and they blaise told me, no not printing the picks. GRRR.

Cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

Guest Guest

You know what I hate? The fact that as a lassie with bbiigg boobs I always have to wear a bra. So on a hot day I end up having on 3 layers; a bra, a tank top, and because I'm a big girl and not totally comfortable in tight clothes, a shirt over that. Mind you the shirt is open but, crickey, I get hot.

I should create a bra you keep in the fridge until you wear it! What do you think?? smile.gif

Good grief!!!

I meant drawstring pants...like beachcombers and such. Howwww embarrassing a typo.

LOL!!!

I'm going to try to write deco drive's Belkyes to see if she can get channel seven to post the pics. Or give me some designer's websites to give examples of Prairie chic.

or quietly drop it and go on to another subject. wink.gif

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

Lynnie says "I should create a bra you keep in the fridge until you wear it! What do you think?? "

Why not take one of those water bras and stick it in the freezer..........nice and cool..... might just be too nippy on the nips though.......(who said that?) ignore.gif

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

Guest Guest

ROTFLOL!!!! Debbie, You're TOO much!!! rotfl.giflaugh.gif

Now, why didn't I think of that! wink.gif

------------------

how.gif

50_p1689.jpg

[This message has been edited by mrszouave (edited August 05, 2002).]