MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fall Gathering..... I'm Here!

westbrook

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my!!! Necie can fish!

last night in about 30 minutes she caught 10 bass!!! and she is out there fishing again.

anyone wanting to know abut fishing.. Necie is the expert! and then... she filleted them! WOW!!!!

Wow! WG Pork roast! A feast!!!!

And Tomorrow you'll have bass with your turtle soup!

Oh How I envy you!!!

You will have to insist that Trip cook up a chicken or two later in the week....and when he does I want picts of HIM in the apron(a frilly one if ya got it)!! laugh

marshmellows roasting over an open fire.. dump cake in a cast iron pot getting ready to be made!

canned butter is delicious!

what stories? it is all true.

LOL @ Rootdigger.

Thanks for the updates, Westie. Mmmmm, I haven't had campfire dump cake in ....decades. feedme

campfire

MtRider [also waiting for them to quit having so much fun and get back to their computers and tell us long, funny stories. ]

cherry dump cake... got the recipe from the kitchen here!

fire is blazing! can't wait. the kids made smores.

Necie is out cleaning fish.

Made it home safe and sound. Just in case any rumors get started I got something in my eye just as leaving... *ahem* was not crying.... whistling Can't wait to tell everyone all about it. As DS kept saying all the way home aweeeeeeeesome!!! Called his best friend from cell phone... "hey George! guess what I did yesterday? caught a chicken, hung it up, cut it's throat and let it bleed out. plucked it, cut it open and pulled it's entrails out!"

Tomorrow after I've rested up from the 11 hour drive will post more. Hint: always take maps of every state going through and not just mapquest directions. If you get off on a wrong route need something to get back on track with. Overall our travel preps were good, car BOB etc. Gas ranged from $2.69 our area to $3.35.

Sure missed all of you that couldn't make it and appreciate all the prayers for safe trip.

bighug

grouphug

Oh that was DS. He is 13. Thought Westie was so keweeeellll! And Trip's also keweeeelll! Yacked on and on about Trips "toys". And wormie gave some great shooting lessons too as well as tip on website can watch movies on for free. He was also highly impressed with Gracie (Necie's dog) being able to give high five and shake hands. And Jack! During the chicken catching Jack was trying to help and jumped up only to bite into DS pant(shorts)leg, give a yank, and almost derobe him rofl. The next morning Jack came into bedroom (to apologize I'm sure) and DS couldn't wait to snatch him up for a snuggle.

He so enjoyed meeting Stephanie's boys and Madison!! Wonder they didn't break the branch off Dar's tree demonstrating their muscle skills. LOL. MomM, Wormie, Necie, Darlene, Stephanie, (and Westie mama) all of them are simply wonderful people. Can't tell you all how much fun it was and how welcome we felt. I must get a squeezo. It's one thing to hear about things but seeing them demonstrated for the apple butter makes such a difference in understanding things. On the drive home I turned to DS and said it felt like leaving family behind after less than two days. He agreed and said he felt the same way. Sorry we missed meeting you. The driving scenery is fabulous (can't say that enough). We saw some rapids and kyakers up around an Indian place. Too bad it was dark on way in or could have enjoyed it twice. DS asked several times if "we" were going to the next gathering...

ya. I know. I'm a week late, but that's EARLY for ME rofl

we pulled into Darlene's about suppertime Saturday night after the tournament (Alec came out with a gold medal in Freestyle Form, and a bronze in Traditional Form smile ) and were immediately bearhugged all around.

Dinner was scrumptious spaghetti feast, and while the boys watched something testosterone-filled on the tube, Darlene and I yakked far into the night.

Yesterday was spent shooting before Trip had to go- yes, even *I* did some shooting, although the 'big guns' are SO not my thing, the little ones were kinda fun (but don't tell Trip- it'll ruin my hippi image for him). And they'll still put a hole in something/someone, hey?

Then we canned up some spaghetti sauce which was a good teaching device for me-I've waterbath canned, but though I've got a pressure canner, our personal messes have made it so I just haven't gotten around to using it yet.

Then some apples. DarleneSwoon

Ward and Alec peeled about NinetyLeven pounds of apples and Darlene and I turned 'em into apple pie filling. After like 6 hours of that, there's barely a dent in her apple supply.

We ate dinner (THE best beef stew I've ever had), actually enjoyed the apple pie we made rofl, and did more yakking.

Darlene and her girls are beautiful outside and inside, her land is just gorgeous, and the house is so unusual and sturdy- having redone an old house myself, I know of what I speak- this house is going to be SOOOOO awesome when our Princess gets done with it smile

Thank you, Darlene- for welcoming us into your home, for letting this little family take a breather for one perfect sunny autumn day- we've never been to your part of the country before, and we WILL return.

Pulling into Darlene's driveway feels like coming home bouquet

Yesterday was spent shooting before Trip had to go- yes, even *I* did some shooting, although the 'big guns' are SO not my thing, the little ones were kinda fun (but don't tell Trip- it'll ruin my image for him). And they'll still put a hole in something/someone, hey?

HIPPY CHIX !!!! Flower Child !!!!!... roflrofl

Originally Posted By: Trip

Yesterday was spent shooting before Trip had to go- yes, even *I* did some shooting, although the 'big guns' are SO not my thing, the little ones were kinda fun (but don't tell Trip- it'll ruin my image for him). And they'll still put a hole in something/someone, hey?

HIPPY CHIX !!!! Flower Child !!!!!... roflrofl

ohai, Trip smile

so, tell me again what was that cute little gun we shot first???
I kinda liked that one...

Archived