MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Birthday (2 days late) to NYDeb!!!

Stephanie

Wow!

Thank you everyone.

It was a fun bithday, DH took me to Toronto which is about a 4 hour trip around the lake for us.

We stayed on the 11th floor of a nice hotel smack dab in the middle of the city, we could(and did) walk everywhere from it. Many things were familiar, there were Starbucks and McDonalds everywhere, but the signs written in both English and French and the constant use of the metric system kept you remembering that this was not the USA.

Toronto is clean! It does not smell! It is like taking all the good points of NYC and none of the bad ones. I had great food, enjoyed hearing the Canadian accents and the occasional conversation in French and even got to spend 4 hours in the Royal Ontario Museum. I haven't been able to take my time in a big museum since my first child was born.

My birthday dinner was in the CN tower, way way up in the air. I saw a helicopter fly by, much lower then I was. The food was fantastic too. We got there at twilight and stayed over an hour as the dining floor slowly rotated and gave us a view over the entire city. It was full dark when we left and the city lights and displays under us were gorgeous.

Archived