MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Waving Hello from Maryland!

Zookeeper9

Hi Everyone!

I recently joined. I have had a growing interest in preparing for a while now, but the urge has grown recently. (Gee I wonder why....) So I figured I should find a community where I could learn in a safe environment and not be considered "abnormal" or "paranoid." (Direct quotes from a friend whenever I try to bring it up.)

We are a large family so preparing is going to be and interesting experience to find the correct quanities, what to store AND a place to store it all.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

happy02 You must get that a lot...

Quote:
(Yes you read the correctly, 2 sets of triplets....)

I'm reading "DD 8, DD 8, DS 8, DD 2, DD 2, DD2" eekeekeek

(*3* TWO YEAR OLDS!!!! DarleneSwoon )

welcome6 You're in the right place. Ask us anything, and we'll probably be able to find it for you. (And I'd venture to say anyone *not* "paranoid" in today's economy is the ODD ONE!!!)

Do you live in a city? Town? In the country? Apartment? House?

We've got some great resources/posts about making the most of the spaces in your home.

So glad you posted!!!

bighug

Welcome Donna! I'm glad to see someone hanging out here too. I'm feeling sorry for myself right now. - some of the folks are partying it up at Darleen's place and I so wanted to be there. Too far from Canada and too far for my bank account!

You will learn so much here and will be stocked up sooner than you think. Often we already have a lot of what is required. We just need to look at things a little differently, organize our priorities and keep on going.

Hi Donna, welcome to MrsS! Wow, if you have been raising that many youngun's you probably know alot about stocking up already and how to stretch your pennies. Marylands a beautiful state.

You sure can learn alot here. You will probably have alot to teach us!

There is something here for everyone. So many different situations and numbers of folks. I am one of the few single women I think, but I admire how so many do so well with lots of kids. My one son is grown and doing well, just getting out of the Marines as an officer, that went through Annapolis, and prior enlisted. I am a navy veteran, mostly aviation survival gear and did live for four yrs in VA and travelled to NJ through your neck of the woods , and enjoyed the travel. Security and such too, and there are so many great moms here homeschooling their kids, and my faith is alot stronger thanks to some of the things many here share, but we are all diverse and respect personal choice even if forums in some places here get pretty animated.

This is a great place to make good friends.

I sooooooo appreciate that I found this site too, some of the yahoo groups were just too out there for me. Its a pretty balanced place here.

With things as they are now, heating up, we are all trying our best to prep for the days, weeks, months and years ahead. So this is a great boon to all of us here.

I am glad to see you joined!

Originally Posted By: Cat
happy02 You must get that a lot...

Quote:
(Yes you read the correctly, 2 sets of triplets....)

I'm reading "DD 8, DD 8, DS 8, DD 2, DD 2, DD2" eekeekeek

(*3* TWO YEAR OLDS!!!! DarleneSwoon )

welcome6 You're in the right place. Ask us anything, and we'll probably be able to find it for you. (And I'd venture to say anyone *not* "paranoid" in today's economy is the ODD ONE!!!)

Do you live in a city? Town? In the country? Apartment? House?

We've got some great resources/posts about making the most of the spaces in your home.

So glad you posted!!!

bighug

Yes 3 2 year olds. Actually I love two year olds. Talk to me next year when they are 3 and we will be having issues. LOL

We currently live in a suburban development north of Baltimore. We do live in a house with both a garage and a basement so I am probably panicking more than I should about storage. The plan is when DH retires from the fire department in 5 years to move some where else (cheaper) and hopefully go off grid as much as possible.
Quote:

Yes 3 2 year olds. Actually I love two year olds. Talk to me next year when they are 3 and we will be having issues. LOL

One thing for sure, you do have experience with 2 yr old triplets. I'm agreeing with you today about 3 yr olds....you probably don't want to know DarleneSwoon They either make you laugh, or throw you hands up.
Originally Posted By: Rezgirl

One thing for sure, you do have experience with 2 yr old triplets. I'm agreeing with you today about 3 yr olds....you probably don't want to know DarleneSwoonThey either make you laugh, or throw you hands up.

Or BOTH!

welcome6

Well it sounds like you have your hands full and you sound so sane----

I hope you like it here as much as I do, this is a great place to learn any trick you can imagine.

I think it is safe to say the canning queens reside here----and love to share their knowledge just ask.

Really feel free to ask any question you want, we all learn from questions.

coffee2

Archived