MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Here it is....

WormGuy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks and sounds like you all had alot of fun.

shurleen you get good and acquainted properly with that gun. Have someone who really knows, like Trip does, show you how to totally strip it down and clean it and put it back together. This type of gun with sliding parts can jam if its not kept in very good clean condition. Ok? And make sure you don't lose any parts!

Learn to shoot it as well as you can, you may have to defend yourself or your children some day. Its a gun, and its a tool, a tool you need to learn to handle comfortably and safely and how to take care of it completely.

Arby -- good point.

My daddy was an army man. I was at the range when I was 10 days old and grew up therer. Before I could even pick up a gun I had to learn how to break it down, clean it and put it back together. Once I could do that, Dad took me to the range.

I am now ashamed that I haven't kept my skills up, but I hope to change that. DH and I have been talking about getting a few guns and teaching the children so they are no afraid of them. Lord know this state I live in would love to ban them all.

Looks like you all had a great time. Now I need to know when the next one is so this newbie can attend!

Shurleen,

I second Arby..we Oregonians cain't let the rest of the country ridi-cool us by not knowing *how* just because those beaurocrats in Salem and Portland have their panties in a wad over gun laws.

Name, it, girl. Learn how to take her apart, clean, and put her back together again. The first time you shoot it, close your eyes and pretend your worst enemy is coming after your favorite baby. Open your eyes, stare the target down, then empty the chamber.

It's not nearly as scary as it looks, feels, or sounds.

Come on....we HAVE to have one of these in the West. smile I gots it in my blood now.

Originally Posted By: Shurleen
You just come on up here and give us a lesson in shooting...never mind. My husband would just drag you off to the woods and you two would end up shooting with the kids and I'd just end up in the kitchen. Again. frown

Shurleen --

You need to have trip come over and then put your DH in charge of grilling a steak (or anything) for lunch/dinner. That should be something sufficently manly to keep him (your DH) out of the way while trip teaches you to shoot. grin

If I can do it, so can you! cheer
(Shooting is fun! I liked the class I took, so I signed up for a couple of follow up classes. I have a two day shotgun class coming up; it's the next two Saturdays.)

Originally Posted By: babysteps
TRIP!!!! WHERE IS YOUR HEARING PROTECTION?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why didn't you see his fingers?
Originally Posted By: funkyducky
Originally Posted By: Shurleen
You just come on up here and give us a lesson in shooting...never mind. My husband would just drag you off to the woods and you two would end up shooting with the kids and I'd just end up in the kitchen. Again. frown

Shurleen --

You need to have trip come over and then put your DH in charge of grilling a steak (or anything) for lunch/dinner. That should be something sufficently manly to keep him (your DH) out of the way while trip teaches you to shoot. grin

If I can do it, so can you! cheer
(Shooting is fun! I liked the class I took, so I signed up for a couple of follow up classes. I have a two day shotgun class coming up; it's the next two Saturdays.)

That sounds like it might work. And it would be even more fun if YOU came. Then we could shoot together, and then afterwards, carefully lock up the guns and give the key to my husband, and you and I could talk politics. laugh Talk about a great time!

Stephanie,

Oh, what a precious family ! You are so blessed, I can see that.

Even if'n they all make fun of your accent, LOL. It would seem normal to me since I had southern parents. Love that accent !!

You have a pretty fireplace and curtains, too.

How lovely to "meet" you here. I know Crazy loves you !

Crazy is great, isn't she ?? I am glad she is here nearby me.

Yay! Pictures! Alec wants to know if Uncle Trip has some target practice left in him rofl

and he's so sad he missed all the other boys frown

ya'll are so CUTE!!!!

looks like you had a wonderful wonderful time smile

Originally Posted By: Aint2nuts

Why didn't you see his fingers?

LOL! I did... but I'm sure he knows better than that! Actually I *know* he knows better, because in about half the pics he IS wearing ear protection.

I'm guessing there must not have been enough to go around?

It looks like y'all had soooooooooooo much fun... *sigh*. NEXT TIME!!!

I love putting faces with everyone!!

Trip, you are just how I pictured. You remind me so much of my Dad in your thoughts and personality on here and I think you two would get along just grand.

For some reason I pictured Darlene and Stephanie being blonde??? Go figure...but we all know that us brunettes have more fun.

Westie is just how I pictured...in charge

Stephanie the family is beautiful. I have three and I don't see how you do seven.

Keep the pictures coming...I hope we are able to have one down south!!!

I am so glad all of you had a wonderful time! I wish I was able to meet all of you. Maybe next time. What great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

GOODMORNINGPUPPYINBOX.gif

These are all so good. smile

No, that isn't a dog at the table, if he is like Minnie, he thinks he is people. smile By the way, who is holding Jack at the table?

Necie, Old Pine saw these and said you are not old enough to have a teen daughter. smile

You all had so much fun, I'm just sorry we were not able to join you all. mecry But, things just didn't work out this year.

Stephanie, you have a great family, we have 3 and now they are all out of the house. smile

I sent you a PM, Stephanie, so let me know if you need more info. smile

Everyone did such a great job with the target practice. smile

THANKSFORSHARINGGIRLS.gif these pictures and looking forward to seeing more. smile

FALLHUGSLEAVES.gifhaveanicedaydogandflowers.gif

Quote:
For some reason I pictured Darlene and Stephanie being blonde???

1.gif (I'm not sure about Stephanie, but Darlene just *ACTS* blonde...) rofl

sofa

I'm glad you all noticed I wasn't wearing ear protection in some of the pics, and I thank you for your concern...BUT.. I forgot to bring foam ear plugs..and other then a set Steph brought my head set was all we had..so...most of the time when the big guns were going I put my head set on the shooter and pluged my ears with my fingers..

With 22's I can turn off my hearing aids and it's no problem..so again ..good eyes!!

Everybody should wear hearing protection AND eye protection !

I never shoot without both...

Archived