MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Here it is....

WormGuy

Originally Posted By: lunamother
Yay! Pictures! Alec wants to know if Uncle Trip has some target practice left in him rofl

and he's so sad he missed all the other boys frown

ya'll are so CUTE!!!!

looks like you had a wonderful wonderful time smile

LM, I do plan to leave Sun morning so will have to get moving on Alex's shooting but we will get it done... smile

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you have just left yourself open to an 8 year old standing over you at the crack of dawn saying "is it time yet? is it time yet? is it time yet?" rofl

(thank you, Trip) smile

Originally Posted By: Trip
I'm glad you all noticed I wasn't wearing ear protection in some of the pics, and I thank you for your concern...BUT.. I forgot to bring foam ear plugs..and other then a set Steph brought my head set was all we had..so...most of the time when the big guns were going I put my head set on the shooter and pluged my ears with my fingers..

With 22's I can turn off my hearing aids and it's no problem..so again ..good eyes!!

Everybody should wear hearing protection AND eye protection !

I never shoot without both...

I was gonna get on your case, Trip for letting folks shoot without ear/eye protection!

Now, who has the bolt gun with teh Harris bipod & the can on the front end? Just what all is that setup?

And did anyone shoot the Mosin?

Hi Vic

Yep several ppl I think shot the Mosin, not sure bout the kids..I was gone for a bit..

The rifle you mentioned is mine, it's a Savage Predator comes camoed 223 HB...I had attachments made to switch it from my HBSavage 308 and AR 15..so it fits anything with the front attachment and 308 and smaller...

I have a HB sav 30-06 ackley that I may have adapted also..still thinking on that

Great combo! the can is from Elite Iron in Bonner MT...awesome set up.. http://www.eliteiron.net/supp.htm

Originally Posted By: Trip
I'm glad you all noticed I wasn't wearing ear protection in some of the pics, and I thank you for your concern...BUT.. I forgot to bring foam ear plugs..and other then a set Steph brought my head set was all we had..so...most of the time when the big guns were going I put my head set on the shooter and pluged my ears with my fingers..

With 22's I can turn off my hearing aids and it's no problem..so again ..good eyes!!

Everybody should wear hearing protection AND eye protection !

I never shoot without both...

It sounds like someone should stop at Lowe's or someplace and get a big contractor size thing of earplugs to bring to the next Mrs. S gathering so there'll be plenty of ear protection for everyone. I know Lowe's has ear plugs in pretty colors in the small packages (I got a 4 pack in purple, pink, orange, and some other color for my next class).
Originally Posted By: preparing
Originally Posted By: ol'momma
I'm enjoying the picts! Darlenes shoes must be the ones she wears with her Scarlet O'Hara ensable. smile

I like her shoes!!!

That makes 2 of us..matter of fact, I got a pair just like 'em. That's why I noticed.:D

A 42 second one with Jack and Grrrrrrr playing with a toy. I still don't know who Grrrrrrr belongs to or how the name came about. smile You can hear Steph commenting about them and Trip grunting.

wormie

John

If the boys looked like they were moving slowly, they had their reasons. You can ask anyone there, they worked their tails off and was glad to do it! This fire was the very last project of the weekend and their "get up and go - had just about got up and went".

They don't take a long time to do anything, hard and eager workers is a better description.

Mom just setting the record straight! smile

I would like to say that Stephanie's and Granny's sons were absolutely AMAZING. Fine young men. Polite, hard working, eager learners. Very much 'tell me what to do, and show me how to do it' attitudes.

When it came time to butcher chickens, the boys jumped right in. Wormie showed them how to cut their necks and let them bleed out. I believe they each did two chickens, and while it was not an 'easy' task to do, they DID it. They jumped right in and helped Westie and I with the plucking and then turned around and helped Granny clean them, removing the entrails and learning what all the 'parts' were.

They hauled bucket after bucket of wheat to it's new location...UP a large flight of stairs for Darlene (and might I add...all the while being tortured by Barbie dolls). DarleneSwoon

They moved a whole pile of old boards....and then moved them again (per the princesses request). rollingeyes

They helped haul all equipment down to our 'shooting range', and when everyone was done you heard "BOYS!!!" and they helped haul all that stuff back up.

There was not a request made of those young men that was not immediately responded to with enthusiasm. They are true, fine young gentlemen and eager students of life.

you have just left yourself open to an 8 year old standing over you at the crack of dawn saying "is it time yet? is it time yet? is it time yet?" rofl

(thank you, Trip) smile

Just show him the pictures of the LAST creatures to wake Trip before he wanted to get up, and I'll bet there will not be a problem!!
Originally Posted By: rootdiggr

(thank you, Trip) smile

Just show him the pictures of the LAST creatures to wake Trip before he wanted to get up, and I'll bet there will not be a problem!!

Like this creature? hehe

1279-MrsS10-2008021.jpg

Archived