MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Here it is....

WormGuy

Trip & Steph's son with a revolver.

Pictures054.jpg

Who says kids can't hit a target? He got 5 outta 6.

Pictures055.jpg

Trip shooting

Pictures057.jpg

The gun table

Pictures058.jpg

Trip & steph's son

Pictures062.jpg

Looks good to me.

Pictures066.jpg

wormie

John

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trip, I wouldn't trust an adult to teach my boys (and girls) (and me) how to handle a gun unless they DID say that.

We don't say the b-u-t-t word at our house, but I sure would make an exception in a case like this!

You just come on up here and give us a lesson in shooting...never mind. My husband would just drag you off to the woods and you two would end up shooting with the kids and I'd just end up in the kitchen. Again. frown

Shurleen!!! Hon, you and I have *got* to get together! I have a few fun-to-shoot guns... and we can leave the GUYS in the kitchen with the kids!!!

Of course if we got Trip out here we could ALL go shooting... YooHoo! Trip! Wanna come to Oregon?

Trip seems to be really good with teaching the boys. What a great time you all had ! Loved seeing the pictures.

Soooo, where is Stephanie ?? I want to see her !

Crazy is getting a turtle shell ? I wasn't sure if you all were serious about shooting turtles or not.

I am a wimp, I couldn't watch that or the chickens. I will can the stuff up for you, but I am not going to do the killing or cleaning. I would try cooking it, but I have no idea what to do with a turtle. Do you grind the meat for soup or chop it up, or what ? Now I am curious.

Thanks for the great pictures !!

Well the whole purpose of this walkabout was to lose that gastly belly..so I spend 2 weeks at my moms who shoves plates of food at me while telling me I need to lose weight, then I come here where Darlene only knows one way to feed..FULL plates...and yes, I'm weak and will not push it away...now ya know why I need to be alone in the boonies!!hahahahah....no beer no chips, no metting buddys for resterant food 3 times a day...

But all that aside...I do love getting new people into shooting, and kids are so special as they are the next generation and they need to learn now, their future and freedom are at stake not to mention their lives...

It ain't about deer huntin...

Originally Posted By: Shurleen
Trip, I wouldn't trust an adult to teach my boys (and girls) (and me) how to handle a gun unless they DID say that.

We don't say the b-u-t-t word at our house, but I sure would make an exception in a case like this!

You just come on up here and give us a lesson in shooting...never mind. My husband would just drag you off to the woods and you two would end up shooting with the kids and I'd just end up in the kitchen. Again. frown

I wouldn't bet on that.. Trip has a wonderful way of persuading folks that the kitchen can wait while they shoot. Heavan help anyone who tries to argue...

Trip and John both were great with the kids, teaching, explaining, cautioning! And then MomM's Mister was showing them the Irish Drum and allowing them to try their hand at that too.

Not only that, myds1 (black shirt in these pictures) came home with a Buff Orpington Rooster (saved him from death row, already hanging on the wire) and then Westie told him to sneak in a hen (injured and recovering, so she was in the hospital ward). He confessed to me before we left! So, now he's going to raise and hopefully sell buff orpingtons. Darlene's chickens, Westies plan. smile

Oh and you've got to get Darlene to post how she did these Sweet Potato Oven Fries. And that Pork Loin Roast that Worm Guy prepared was soooo good!

Originally Posted By: babysteps
Shurleen!!! Hon, you and I have *got* to get together! I have a few fun-to-shoot guns... and we can leave the GUYS in the kitchen with the kids!!!

Of course if we got Trip out here we could ALL go shooting... YooHoo! Trip! Wanna come to Oregon?

LOL Sounds like a plan. As soon as you tell me just exactly how you manage to leave a husband in the kitchen while you go off to shoot. LOL

I saw my own gun for the first time two days ago. It's a little black thing. I haven't touched it yet. All my kids are cleaning their guns and talking about how much and what kind of ammunition they need...and I'm just sitting there. Staring at "my" little black gun.

Tim put it away for me.

I'm going to have to get up the guts to use the thing.

(I was raised in a home with no guns or weapons of any kind aside from my mom's kitchen knives. My dad, to his great shame and consternation, having come from a big family of big boys who love to hunt and fish...never could bring himself to do it. So none of us did it. And now...this. A little black gun. That is mine. sigh)

Steph shooting

Pictures071.jpg

Necie getting instructions

Pictures074.jpg

MomM shooting

Pictures095.jpg

Necie's daughter, Leah shooting

Pictures112.jpg

Her target

Pictures111.jpg

Necie trying to keep her hair out of her eyes

Pictures121.jpg

I think she did very well

Pictures129.jpg

wormie

John

So what *kind* of little black gun do you have? LOL!!!

My dh won't LET me stay in the kitchen... he loves taking me with him. I will probably never be the type of person that shoots as a hobby, but it's fun once in a while.

And Steph? Tell those boys of yours WAY TO GO!!!

Oh, that Necie is cute!

And Steph, I already knew you were cute, but I didn't know you were short! LOLOL I am tall, and pictured you being as tall as I am. But you are a dinky little thing!

Originally Posted By: babysteps
So what *kind* of little black gun do you have? LOL!!!

My dh won't LET me stay in the kitchen... he loves taking me with him. I will probably never be the type of person that shoots as a hobby, but it's fun once in a while.

What kind of gun. Well. It's black, like I said. And it's small. It can fit in my hand, but my husband says when I (finally) hold it, I have to use two hands. But it's small. Not long or...big. Otherwise, I think it's just a normal gun. It has a tRigger and a safety thing and...oh...maybe it's not a normal gun. It has an opening down at the bottom of the handle that you put a "clip" in that has 5 or 6 bullets already in it. And it has a place on the top where you can put one bullet in all by itself if you want to.

Just a regular gun.

My husband would like to take me with him. But I hate going places. I like to stay home and work or read by the fire. But if I stay home, that usually means I have to cook for everyone who left with him...and that means...the kitchen. I hate cooking. I hate canning. But I'm a good woman and I do both.

By the way, I love cleaning house and working hard outside. If we all ever need to combine efforts, I'll be glad to do all the dirty work...even wash dishes all day long...as long as someone else cooks!

Darlene's gathering sounded like heaven to me. Great food that someone else cooked. smile

Around the table

Pictures133.jpg

Trip trying to climb the gate

Pictures139.jpg

Will Trip catch anything?

Pictures145.jpg

Neice caught a bass!!

Pictures144.jpg

The goats

Pictures142.jpg

What could be in the dutch oven?

Pictures153.jpg

A dump Cake!!!

Pictures154.jpg

Westie gets the first bite

Pictures155.jpg

Dr. Darlene

Pictures151.jpg

Trip is not having fun

Pictures152.jpg

wormie

John

Originally Posted By: ol'momma
Originally Posted By: Cat
rofl Somethin' tells me we just *might* end up calling Trip our "Mrs Survival Goodwill Ambassador"...

roflroflrofl

Now THERE'S a scary thought!! My Halloween nightmare has begun...

OH do be still woman, some people recognize talent when they see it... croc

Archived