MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

hello and heartfelt thank you

Mimi54

I decided it's way past time to introduce myself (besides I need to post a question on dehydrating things and didn't want to just jump in without introduction) I am like many who recently posted that they felt lead to this wonderful site, I also had the sense of urgency. Earlier this year it was a sense of uneasiness, but grew stronger. At the time I was renewing my personal relationship with God, trying to figure out what my way of hearing His voice was to be. Anyway, the point is I thought it was about my health, maybe fixing to leave this world sorta thing, for my health situation does bring me to that point at times, but one morning I woke up and it was so strong that I could not shake it that I needed to get "my house in order" sort of thing, and I knew that if something were to happen, then my hubby would be left with bills, things to do, ect. So I began by going over all the bills, the checkbook, ect. from there it led to a frugal board with budgets, to fast snowballing on bills for faster payoffs, ect. That still did not shake this by then panicky feeling until one week later, I stumbled across Mrs.Survival. Boy howdy, there was a big sense of "knowing" that came all over me as I read, read, and more reading. I realize now the "who's voice" it was, what He was trying to tell me. Two weeks later I joined, and have gotten things much more prepared. Thank you to everyone who's posted, shown the way, had inputs, and ideas on this wonderful caring place. To Darlene, my heart holds a very special thank you for your heart, your specialness, and this wonderful site that you have here. You truly are a blessing as well as all of you here. Thank you. Mimi54

Mimi.. you are in Ga? and you didn't come to the get together? bad Mimi! Darrene is in Ga and several of us traveled from all corners of the US and everywhere in between to meet!

next time!

I am glad you have been led here.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.Yeah,Westbrook,I am a bad Mimi for alot of reasons!LOL.Yep,I am in Ga near the coast.When I first started lurking,I was so wanting to go to the gathering at Darlene's,but being new and such I figured it wouldn't be right,plus the health factor.It's hard to know from day to day if I can go anywhere.As it turned out,DH's work kicked into overtime so we wouldn't have been able to attend anyway.Though retired out of the military,he is not "retired" and works at the post staying busy getting the troops armor/vehicles reworked ready to go again.I kept up with the posts/photos about the time spent at Darlene's with great envy.Well,with the exception of the chicken thing.While it was my duty as a child to catch the chickens,help pluck,prepare and know how to cut up one.I did not kill them.Well,there was this one time accidently with my daddy's hammer.Bad Rooster always chased me,scared the dickens out of me,and I slung my daddy's hammer at it when it blocked the way to the door one day.LOL! Thanks again for welcoming me.

Mimi

Bad MIMI!!!

you should have come... even if alone! we are harmless! well sort of! next time!

so now you are bad mimi! ROFL!!!! no... you aren't a bad mimi... my sister is the bad mimi so you must be the good mimi!

Archived