MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Welcome Snapshotmiki

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Let's give a great big Mrs-S welcome to Snapshotmiki! Glad you've joined us smile.gif

Have a seat here on the porch swing and tell us all about yourself. I'll bring out the cookies and the coffee smile.gif

I'm a SAHM to 4, married 11 yrs. We live in IA and have 3 cats. I homeschool my daughter. I love to read, garden and quilt a bit. Right now my major passion is geneaology.

------------------

becca.jpg

It's never toooooo early for cheescake so i brought a Huge one to share!!!!

Move over will ya guy's .....this is the best seat on the porch. (Gotta grab a seat before the crowd comes!)

Welcome again SSM!

I take it you like to play with your camera????

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

Guest Guest

OHHHHHH cheese cake. Hi there SSmiki. Glad you could join us here at MrsS. I have 2 children now out of the house and mostly on their own. Been married to DH for 28 years. Have 3 dogs, 2 cats, a parakeet, and nurmerous guppies. di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Guest Guest

bigwave.gif Hi SSM! So glad you came...Sit back, relax and try some of the fresh blueberries, homemade biscuits and cream I've brought...They will surely put a smile on your face! grin.gif

------------------

50_p1689.jpg

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the welcome so much! I'm a photographer by profession and desire. I have a step-daughter and 2 grandchildren. I'm married to a wonderful Christian man. We're both 45 and have recently had a mid-life awakening. We've owned our house for 10 years and both had small businesses. He does fiberglass and gelcoat repair to boats, jetskis etc. We live in FL (I'm from there). We are now in the process of selling everything including our house to become "snowbirds" 20 years early. We hope to leave after the New Year and go west, traveling between Wyoming and Arizona to start with. I'[m sure we'll both have work and be less materialistic. I do realize we will be going from a 4 bedroom house to living in a coach-house type of van about the size of our bathroom. This could have draw backs but I think we can do it. We've been married 12 and1/2 years so far. So that's perhaps more than you asked for. We look forward to meeting people and going to new Churches. We will have a laptop so as to stay in touch.

Thanks again for the welcome and i'm looking forward to just playing with a camera for a while.

Miki

i don't understand the signature thing. How do I get one?

Miki, if you go to the forum about the 'Cute little picture'thangs', MM will make one for you. But, it will be a while before she can get to it as she is in the middle of moving. smile.gif Just tell her what you like for colors and if there is something special you would like on it. Such as a house, cat, dog, bird etc. smile.gif

Again, welcome to Mrs. S. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Sounds like a fun adventure Miki!!!!!

Hey i have a couple of photography questions for ya...

Is there any tricks to make one (me) appear thinner in photos.....other than surrounding oneself with larger people (if you can find any)or having children standing infront/beside and sitting on me? (that one works btw)

How come in all the photos i'm in i appear white and pasty looking...i'm thinkin its my foundation.....doing weird things with the light......in real life i'm not ghostly??????

------------------

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited August 03, 2002).]

Hi to Debbielee, Lois and Snowmom.

Lois- I have a mini web site(meaning I did it myself). I just got a book on selling stock photos, so I can hardly wait to get started.

Debbielee- There are definitely tricks to look slimmer. Practice these in a mirror at home and better yet do a test standing both ways and have a picture taken. I use these on brides all the time. Stand at 45 degrees towards mirror with weight on back foot and front foot pointed front to camera. Draw knee up a little and twist from waist toward camera leaving hips and legs in original position. Bring arms out from body a little and up so elbows are slightly bent. I know it sounds like and out of control game of twister, but if it's comfortable as a rule it won't look good on film. For Double chins(which I have and do this in mirror too), stand at ease and bring head and neck forward like a turtle and lower head slightly. It will feel silly but looks good in photos. Drawing chest and shoulders back does about the same thing and lower head slightly. Standing while hiding behind a sitting person is my personal favorite and do the turtle thing. About the white skin tone in pics. Are you standing in front? If so you might be getting flashed out. Ask whoever prints your photos to print for the subjects(your) skintone. The background may go darker but you'll look normal.

To every one thanks again for welcoming me and cheesecake is most definitely my favorite.

Miki

Hi Becca Anne,

Iowa is one of the places we intend to travel through. We will bring with us the youngest love of our life; not our grandchildren, but our miniature schnauzer- Stevie Rae. She's 2 in people years. I'll have to learn how to e'mail photos quickly. Thanks again for the welcome

Miki

Wow Miki,

Thanks for the tips! I copied and printed out your instructions to give it a try....(could'nt remember it all.....you kidding) anyway......it sure made me feel like a doink..........but i trust you!

Oh yeah....my hubby caught me smiling at myself in the mirror......now he thinks i'm nuts....whatever!

About the "white skin tone in pics. Are you standing in front? If so you might be getting flashed out"

It doesn't matter where i stand it always happens with a flash.

And I am waaaaay to cheap to take my photos to anybody who would know to do as you suggested......i look for sales and coupons for developement.....i'm still waiting for a good sale....i have undeveloped film from say .....when my bald brother had hair.....

P.S. loved your pictures...especially the lady on the beach ...beautiful....wanna see more!!

------------------

Hi Debbielee,

Take your film or negatives to any Walmart and have them print them for the subject on their one hour machine. There's usually at least a couple of employees at each store that are conscientious printers and will do it. Not real expensive!

Miki

Happy turtleing