MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

hello from oklahoma

RedStateGreen

Hi, I've lived in Oklahoma since 2005, originally from southern California. I've been an organic gardener for the past ten years. SAHM to three teenagers and loving it since 2000, before that I was a family doctor for ten years (didn't love that, too much ingratitude and people wanting what only they and God could provide).

We live in the suburbs of Oklahoma City on 0.8 acre and I'm just building the soil up from scratch, putting in trees and planting other edibles. We have two angora rabbits (I'm a spinner) that are a major source of entertainment!

I learned about peak oil almost a year ago and have been prepping ever since. I've always been on the frugal side so it's been fun. Since my husband is partly disabled I do the majority of it on my own, with a little help from my daughter's fiance (they're getting married after she graduates, she's a senior).

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you.

welcome5 you will love it here--i went to college in weatherford in the distant distant past--not too far from ya--what brought you to the city? seems like a really different place than your used to

ah yes well--hope it's not too much culture shock--the people in the city are pretty nice. they really help each other out when needed.

welcome5 Joining in to say hi and welcome,Redstategreen. I'm into organic gardening,too,all my veggie,fruits and including my roses that I grow.It is very challenging on the roses here in the humidity,over 100 last count that I grow.My antiques do better,but the hybrid teas are realllly a challenge.Still I prefer to grow organically on all.

Once again,welcome. loveplace Mimi

• 3 weeks later...

Archived