MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Who started Mrs Survival

LeeAnn

As a newcomer, I would be interested in learning who started this web site and when and any other historical tidbits you would like to add.

How do you get to be a Family Member, Honored Family Member and I think there might be another designation or two.

Thanks

I wasn't here in the begining, so I'll leave the history lesson to those who know better.

The titles like Family Member and Honored Family Member come automatically with a certain number of posts. I think it's 100 for Family Member and 1000 or 2000 for Honored Family Member. Silly designations like my "Chat Mistress" are added by hand by admin or moderators.

Yep, like westie said, Mrs. DoubleOught and Mrs. Buckshot started it in May of 1998. I bought it in July of 1999 and have owned it ever since.

When y2k ended up being a nonevent, there was a core group here who stuck with it all those years, continuing to teach and share their knowledge and experience with prepping and all that goes with it. A couple of years ago, our membership started growing (slowly at first), and now we're averaging over 75 new members a month.

We've been through alot over the years...some high highs and some very low lows, but like the name of the site says, we all survived, and are deeper and richer because of it. The site has a maturity these days from lessons learned in the past, and although we are far from perfect, one of the constant truths that always has been plain to see around here, is that the membership as a whole, are very genuine and caring people. Not only that, but their commitment to then pass forward, the things that were given and taught them over the years, has been one of the reasons that MrsSurvival has had the staying power here on the net that she has had, where as others have already come and gone.

We're glad you're here with us, and if there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask.

Darlene has a specialness about her... but the halo.. she is only innocent in her own mind!

seriously.. Darlene is the glue that keeps up bound together and we love her very much.

now about that crown........

Not only does she have a crown LeeAnn AND the halo. She's probably got one of those name tags or coffee mugs that say "She who must be obeyed" LOL

Seriously. Darlene is an iron fist in a velvet glove when she has to be. And sometimes, sorry to say, she has to be.

Glad to see you here! You'll enjoy the place tremendously and learn a lot.

LeeAnn, if you look at the top of this post, you'll see a line of places to click, beginning with "Forum List" and ending with "FAQ" (Frequently Asked Questions). The answer to your question about the titles are in the FAQs.

There's a glitch in the system that makes it difficult to write the "specialty" ones right now, but when we get the new program, we probably will be able to put in what we want. (Administrators have to do it for you.)

There's several here I'd like to change to "Resident Troublemaker and Rabble-Rouser"... whistling

roflroflrofl

Originally Posted By: Stephanie
How about "resident angel" whistling

Thanks for that sweet remark the other day Judy!

bighug

Stephanie, who's awfully glad that my MrsS friends only see the best of me! darlene2

Hush Shandy! laugh (btw, cute emoticon you found)

*snort*

Stephanie, you are so sweet that, when you are naughty, I just DIE laughing. laugh

Oh, did you see the prize winning emoticon that Darlene added? She used it down in The Edge, and it was a hoot!! I love it!

yes i started here right after Doubleought and Buckshot started the web sight and i did alot of posting and they asked me to stick around and so i have been the longest member and moderator on here.....10 years....thru all that has happened.....and i intend to stick around along time ...hope i can help any one that needs it...take care and keep the faith

Archived