MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Stephanie

I Bid You Stand

Fear is a hateful taskmaster. Fear would like to have you, to swallow you up, to own you. So, while we may have fear, at times, we must not let fear have us.

The things that we're reading about, preparing for, praying against and struggling with can bring fear to the hearts of man and woman. We don't want to be an ostrich with our heads in the sand, and yet, we might find ourselves almost paralyzed by the enormity of what we feel we are about to face.

I am put in mind of a wonderful passage of Scripture and a memorable movie scene from "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"

Near the end, when all seems hopeless, King Aragorn gives a Battle Speech that is inspiring, to say the least. You can view and listen to or scroll down and read it here.

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeec...noftheking.html

I want to say these same words to you my friends! The Day that we all dread may come, whatever it is that you dread, whatever it is that you are preparing for, the worse that you can imagine, BUT it is NOT this day! Take heart! Carpe Diem! Seize the Day.

In my stories that I wrote for the Fireside, I based each of themm on a scripture. The last of the three that I posted was based on Ephesians 6:13. The insructions to put on the whole armor has just been given and then this statement is made.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

What this says to me is, do all I can, but once I have done all NOW STAND. I want to encourage you that while we must prepare and put on the armor and fight in the battle, there comes a point where we must take our stand and trust in our King. We must trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

God bless you, Stephanie. You have no idea how much this means to me. This is exactly what I needed to hear this morning. The Holy Spirit is moving through you in a big way.

I am at work, and on the way here I felt like a cloud of darkness settled over me. I tried to shuck it off as just being "down" due to two consequetive nights with being short on sleep, but the fear of our situation with DH's job loss really got ahold of me. Feeling too overwhelmed to focus on my work day ahead, I decided to log into Mrs. S. for a minute as a distraction. The first thing that caught my eye: I Bid You Stand. My heart leapt in response. I knew, with the occasional "knowing" that the Lord blesses us with, that this was what I needed to see.

Now, after a few tears, I can get on with what needs to be done.

I am grateful to you, my sister in Christ. bighug

Thank you, Stephanie! These are words we truly need to hear and to take to heart.

(((Cricket))) Now you went and made me cry. smile

As I typed these words, I felt so compelled to do so. You are not the only one who is struggling with this feeling of being overwhelmed. I've been 'weepy' for several days. As I read the news reports and the reports here, my heart has felt so heavy.

I just kept saying to myself, "A day may come, but it is not this day!" And then "Hold your ground! Hold your ground!" And then finally, "Having done all, now stand!"

Having struggled myself with the 'fear that would take the heart of me', I wanted to encourage some of my sisters and brothers. Thank you so much for letting me know it did!

MomM you are so precious! I love you!

grouphug

Oh Stephanie, Thank you so much for your words. I can't sleep at night for the fear and panic that I feel about everything. I search my house during the day and night looking for things I can barter with, for things we need/want. For the future, I have stocked things like needles, pins and diaper pins (LOL) so that I can trade them if/when the SHTF. I plan on stocking more things for trade. (Soap anyone?)

When the president elect admits that things are going to get worse...when he didn't acknowledge that before, it sends waves of fear through me.

I knew that things were going to get worse. How much worse I don't know, but I fear for the dollar. What a thing to fear for!

My dreams are filled with nightmares, my days of filled with the reality of trying to prepare with nothing. I am torn between trying to trade for a Christmas for the kids, and things we need NOW to trying to prepare for things we WILL need (long term food storage).

Right now, I am acknowledging that the Father is in charge and he has things well in hand. He knows what is coming and he has prepared the way. I put my trust in him.

This past couple weeks I have seen first hand the power of prayers. A friend prayed for me, and suddenly there was help that I needed.

I need to get my arthritic knees down to the floor for some serious prayer time and thank the Father for what I do have. I have a lot. Especially three beautiful healthy children.

My son bore his testimony in church yesterday. He told how the church HAS changed him and how much he loves being able to serve the Lord. He said that he is not perfect, but that he is trying to change and 'choose the right'. He went on to say he loves me and how much I do for him, and the sacrifices that I make for us as a family. Wow. Just wow.

Now, I didn't hear any of this, because I can't go to church and be in crowds like that. However people called me to tell me what he said! It was the first time he has gotten up to speak to a group like this. I wish I had it on tape.

God is working in my life. AND the lives of my children.

Thank you Lord, and thank you Stephanie!

Stephanie, you're post will provide much comfort to those that are suffering from worry and anxiety.

I am at work with tears in my eyes as I type this note of thanks to you.

(((Angela))) Yes, God is working in your life. I am so glad that your son spoke the words he did. What a blessing and the fact that he did it while you were not present is even more precious.

(((LeeAnn))) The enemy want us to take our eyes of from the Saviour and concentrate on the storm. And every time I do that, I start sinking, just like Peter. But, when I "Turn my eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, the things of this earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR0LiRiz4l4

Stephanie as I read this I couldn't help but remember a bible study we taught at youth camp one summer. It was about putting on the armour and standing. Each piece of armour is protective gear but for the sword. The sword is just a defensive item.

Now I don't know how many of you have done studies on war and fighting but a sword is not a battle item (those that are former military will attest to this). It is for self-defense only. It is for close up and personal battles not long range battles.

Isn't it amazing that God had us gird up and strap on armour but only gives us a defensive weapon. That tells me we are not to go into battle because we are not prepared for battle. God will take care of the war we are to defend ourselves at close range. We can do nothing about the battle over the hill, we are to stand and focus on what God has called us to do. We are not to engage in battle because our weapon is a defensive item not a item of war.

Great post Stephanie! Thats just what we all needed to hear and keep in mind. I was up late last night going over the lists again and trying to find a way to get us what I feel we still 'have' to have to survive what may come. The lists seem daunting and I can hear the clock ticking. This post is great and helps us to keep pushing.

Angela, your post made me cry here. Thats wonderful that your son is being compelled to follow the Lord that way and that he can see the beauty in all his mother does for him even when things can look dire in our daily lives. I posted in a thread of yours about that.. your kids will learn to appreciate and acknowledge all that you do for them. They WILL see how much you love them and sacrifice for them. Just pray and remember that God does do wonders in our lives. God bless us all in the times to come!

Oh...pass the kleenex again!!! Angela...there's hope for that boy yet. Tell him is Aunt Judy loves him dearly for having done that. WOW!

Stephanie, the power of your words coupled with the power of the holy spirit that compelled you to write them is something you will never be able to measure.

Thanks sincerely for your post with its important call to the heart. Stephanie, you are so precious to all of us here. May the Father continue to bless you.

Mt3B, That's very interesting and goes so well with the 'now stand' thought. I remember another teaching from years ago saying that every part of your body is exposed (after putting on the full armor) is your back. So, I guess we better not try to turn and run. grin

Michelle, one thing I'm trying to come to grips with is...we're never going to be finished. I think it is Darlene? or maybe Mother? or maybe MtRider? that says prepping is a lifestyle and a journey. Whoever said it, they are right.

(((Judy))) thank you! You have encouraged me so often and it has meant so much to me. We are very fortunate to have each other here in our MrsS family.

Before children wink I use to do a good bit of speaking and loved to be able to 'have a word in due season'. But, then with the new season that the Lord brought me...mother of many grin I came to accept that my attentions had to be focused on the precious children He had place in my life, my heart and my home.

So, it has been a tremendous blessing to have this avenue to reach out and to share. It brings great joy to my soul!

Stephanie, Angela, mommato3boys and others posting here, you all made me cry too. I got a bit of a challenge too that is pretty private and I hope to overcome it. Guess I could be helped by some prayer. Its not much, but it was something I needed to get done before Christmas.

I too of course, get too anxious and do get down with all the tough news and knowing so many here also are struggling with the economic situation... but I realized that I still want to be basically happy about my life. So I have been really trying to be positive, although I also must acknowledges the many challenges and what amounts to danger to our way of life and the basics of our beginnings.... but reigning it in here....

God is working in my life.

I must be doing some things ok now... because I see little fruits , and that helps with all the depressing and shocking news out there.

you all touched my heart and indeed, Stephanie, I sure needed this tonight. You hit it on the head. we need the constant reminder that the Lord is with us. It is interesting about the sword being defensive, but we are to armor ourselves. I think one can do that in a number of ways , quite far past the physical.

But it also tells me its ok to defend myself or my family if truly threatened.

So, to arm myself in all the ways the Lord would have me do that is something I have already tasked myself with.

To Stand, to Stand..... yes.

It is what we must and shall do I believe.

Thankyou, all of you.

Angela, you got a special boy there.... he does understand, and he does appreciate you and he is truly trying, and by giving his testimony this way, he has placed it in a very high priority and that is so wonderful to see this happening! WOW!!!!

Stepanie, thank you for a really meaningful post. God is definitely speaking through you because you always seem to come up with just the right post at the right time. I've been feeling very melancholy...just kind of down lately...right now I'm laying on the couch with a really bad cold...and I know that it comes from stress...because of things happening in my own life and everytime I turn on the tv it's just SO depressing. But, it's one of those situations where we have to learn to depend on God...it's so easy to believe that we are the ones that need to make it all happen...

bighug

Arby, I loved what you said about wanting to be happy with your life. I think that is so important. That's basically why I kept saying...."But it is not this day!" Today, I can take my children to the doctor if I need to, or run to the grocery store 3 times if I choose, or chat with my friends on the internet. And while I want to be wise about tomorrow, I want to enjoy today to its fullest also.

(((dogmom4))) so sorry you aren't feeling well. That always makes everything worse for me when I'm not up to par. I'm also so tempted to 'make' it happen, or try to anyway. Then I find myself discouraged and frustrated when I fail to 'control' the situation. With me, I know God is encouraging me to "Let Go and Let God".

Tonight we were coming home and I was gazing across the dark landscape pondering the state of our world. Looking at the lights in the distance that weren't there 5 years ago, thinking how many of the people here at MsS are preparing, wondering how many of those lights that spread across the desert as far as you can see are completely unprepared. Wondering what would happen, how would they react and would we really be ok?

The Lord's words "He will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory" Peace... "..He gives peace for despair.." "... will keep him in perfect peace who's mind is stayed on thee..", "... peace that passes understanding .." calmed my fears. My thoughts wondered to the past 3 years. I had begun to prepare for my DH's retirement, stocking up on dry goods and long term staples. Our attempts to secure our future were unsettled and turned upside down every time we turned around. We lived on the preps that were in the house. Beans & rice were a life saver as we watched our income and savings dwindle and the hope we had for the future dissipate. Yet, as I began to despair, help always came, in the moment of our need... There were even times where I would take almost the last handful of beans or pasta to make a meal and to God's glory, there was enough for the next meal. **Sigh** God is so good!

I remembered the story of Jacob and how God told him to prepare. His preps sustained a whole nation for years. Or of the lady that helped the prophet Isaiah, her flour & oil didn't run out.

My DH said the armor of God is defensive, too. He said one time, "that's 'cause God has our back" LOL

The trouble that we prepare for, may not be now, but we can be prepared in case circumstances bring forth trials and tribulations.

Thank you, Stephanie for this reminder. As I'm dealing with so many things, this is such a good reminder to have.

:bughug:

Annarchy, your dh is right, God has got our back! No doubt about that!

I have always enjoyed that story of the widow and the prophet and the oil. One of my favorites.

We must all do what we can, being wise and frugal, preparing to the best of our ability but we need to always keep in mind that when what we have done is not enough...HE IS ENOUGH!

(((C4C))) You take care and remember the message of the LIGHTS!

Just wanted to add this, because God apparently decided I needed a second reminder today. Guess what song just came on the radio?

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,

when sorrows like sea billows roll;

whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,

It is well, it is well with my soul.

It is well with my soul,

it is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,

let this blest assurance control,

that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,

and hath shed his own blood for my soul.

It is well with my soul,

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!

My sin, not in part but the whole,

is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,

praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

It is well with my soul,

And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,

the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;

the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,

even so, it is well with my soul.

It is well with my soul,

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?view...5c544b72e4861b9

I *love* this song. Thank you Lord.

Well dang, I missed this thread last month too.

Thanks m23b for what you shared...I never looked at it like that before.

There were many poignant thoughts that so many of you shared...thanks so much.

This one (along with the sermon last Lord's Day, had me i tears.)

How Deep The Father's Love For Us

How deep the Father's love for us

How vast beyond all measure

That He would give His only Son

To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss

The Father turns His face away

As wounds which mar the chosen One

Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross

My guilt upon His shoulders

Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice

Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there

Until it was accomplished

His dying breath has brought me life

I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything

No gifts, no powr's, no wisdom

But I will boast in Jesus Christ

His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?

I cannot give an answer

But this I know with all my heart

His wounds have paid my ransom

©1995 Kingsway's Thankyou Music

Words and Music by Stuart Townend

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.