MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Stephanie

I Bid You Stand

Wow, I didn't know Stuart Townend had written that one, Vic. He wrote some of my other favorites, In Christ Alone and Beautiful Savior are a couple of them.

Father, For a moment, just a while ago, I forgot once again, who YOU are and who I am.

You are able, You are in control, You love me, You will move heaven and earth to come to my aid.

When I Call on Jesus

by Nicole C. Mullen

from "Talk About It"

Verse 1:

I'm so very ordinary, nothing special on my own.

Oh, I have never walked on water,

And I have never calmed a storm.

Sometimes I'm hiding away from the madness around me

Like a child who's afraid of the dark

Chorus:

But when I call on Jesus,

All things are possible

I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar

When I call on Jesus,

Mountains are gonna fall

'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call

Verse 2:

Weary brother, broken daughter,

widowed, widowed lover, you're not alone

If you're tired and scared of the madness around you

If you can't find the strength to carry on

Chorus:

When you call on Jesus,

All things are possible

You can mount on wings like eagles' and soar

When you call on Jesus,

Mountains are gonna fall

'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue you when you--

Bridge:

Call Him in the mornin', in the afternoon time

Late in the evenin' He'll be there

When your heart is broken,

And you feel discouraged,

You can just remember that He said

He'll be there

Chorus (2x):

When I call on Jesus,

All things are possible

I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar

When I call on Jesus,

Mountains are gonna fall

'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me (back to top first time, 2nd time finish with "when I call")

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewk...aca778051d776f1

Edited by Stephanie
added video link

For those of us who have read and pondered the warnings and writings of David Wilkerson. (and any one else for that matter) I wanted to bring this back for us to read once again. Please take a moment to view the clip at the beginning of this thread.

If you have done or are doing all that you know to do and to the best of your ability, do NOT LET FEAR HAVE YOUR HEART. Now is the time to Stand....having done all, the scriptures say....having done all NOW STAND!

If you have not done what needs to be done, now is the time to take action and do what you can. Even if you are regretting not having started sooner or not staying focused, still do NOT LET FEAR HAVE THE HEART OF YOU!!

We are NOT in this alone!

Thank you Stephanie, I read your thread just at the right time. Tomorrow my dog has an operation which will either bring him home or send him to the Rainbow Bridge.

For me to STAND, means to be in myself and stand firm in who I am, not to let anything knock me off my balance and to be like the willow tree, to bend with the breeze.

It reminds me of the Stephen King's book 'Stand'.

Thank you so much for reminding me, that no matter what happens I will cope, I will survive and I will live on, and no matter what my dog will live on.

Notice verse 13 of this partial passage below. This is what we need to daily strive to do and when WE have done everything we know to do, we take our stand, we STAND FIRM in HIM and in our faith and trust in HIM.

NASB

Eph 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual {forces} of wickedness in the heavenly {places.}

Eph 6:13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Eph 6:14 Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,

Eph 6:15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE;

To go along with the thread's subject of not being consumed with Fear during these anxious times, I wanted to share this link and a brief snippit to David Wilkerson's BlogSpot entitled "Fear Not: Fix Your Eyes on Jesus"

http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/20...o-warnings.html

***snip***

We are to be alerted and warned by prophetic messages, and we're to heed every one that's revealed and confirmed in Scripture. We're to gather all the knowledge we can about the coming storm, so we can prepare our hearts for whatever destruction it brings. But we are not to let fear or anxiety consume our thinking, dominate our minds, take hold of our hearts!

Hi ladies,

I'm new here and I'm so glad to have found this site. Thanks for the encouraging word, Stephanie. I am a Christian who has just started prepping and not getting much encouragement from other believers I know. They seem to believe preparing for something terrible that MIGHT happen is living in fear and not trusting in the Lord. My husband (who is also a Christian) does not even want to talk about what's happening in the world right now. This has been very discouraging as I feel like they're all sleepwalking! So, I'm doing what I can and will continue to trust in my heavenly Father to lead and guide.

May God bless you all,

Marsha

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path". Proverbs 3:5,6

Hi Marsha!! And welcome to MrsSurvival! :hug3:

Nearly all of us here have people around us that we love who think we're being silly of having a lack of faith to prep. Of course, we know that they have it all wrong! :D

I hope you hubby comes around soon, it's so much nicer when you have a partner. In the mean time, do what you can , while you can and then stand.! :)

For Those who may be feeling overwhelmed or that all is hopeless, I wanted to bump this back to the top again.

Take HOPE in this season of HOPE! :pray:

Fear is a hateful taskmaster. Fear would like to have you, to swallow you up, to own you. So, while we may have fear, at times, we must not let fear have us.

The things that we're reading about, preparing for, praying against and struggling with can bring fear to the hearts of man and woman. We don't want to be an ostrich with our heads in the sand, and yet, we might find ourselves almost paralyzed by the enormity of what we feel we are about to face.

I am put in mind of a wonderful passage of Scripture and a memorable movie scene from "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"

Near the end, when all seems hopeless, King Aragorn gives a Battle Speech that is inspiring, to say the least. You can view and listen to or scroll down and read it here.

<a href="http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches/moviespeechreturnoftheking.html" target="_blank">http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeec...noftheking.html</a>

I want to say these same words to you my friends! The Day that we all dread may come, whatever it is that you dread, whatever it is that you are preparing for, the worse that you can imagine, BUT it is NOT this day! Take heart! Carpe Diem! Seize the Day.

In my stories that I wrote for the Fireside, I based each of themm on a scripture. The last of the three that I posted was based on Ephesians 6:13. The insructions to put on the whole armor has just been given and then this statement is made.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

What this says to me is, do all I can, but once I have done all NOW STAND. I want to encourage you that while we must prepare and put on the armor and fight in the battle, there comes a point where we must take our stand and trust in our King. We must trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

</a>

(( Marsha)) :welcome:

I have the same problem,with the people around me. When I first found the forum,I could not stop talking about it, and how important it was to get ready. I had a few head butts with my hubby. He told me to take a breath and think about how crazy I was sounding.

I took a deep breath calmed down and started prepping quietly and calmly. I don't talk about it anymore. I just do....

I tried to talk to people that I care for about prepping, but as soon as I get that the "look", and I know you know what I am talking about, I stop mid sentence and change the subject. Just don't panic, breath........enjoy the journey.

Always remember to start the day,by saying to yourself this is the DAY THE LORD HAS MADE, be glad and rejoice in it.

Amen

Mel

Edited by Mel

Mel, here it is six months later and I'm just seeing this reply you posted. :grinning-smiley-044:

However, I just wanted to say (albeit quite late) that it is a good one! Watching for that 'look in the eyes' of the person you are trying to share with...good point.

Also, I totally agree that we should enjoy the life style we have chosen.

As I have said before, Fear is a hateful taskmaster!

With the times that we may be facing in the not too distant future I felt this needed to be BUMPED!!

It spoke loads to me today.

Thank you for bumping this, ANewMe! I hadn't seen it before and yesterday I really needed to read this.

I've been fighting my anxiety and fearfulness. This thread is definitely one I'll be coming back to to read and re-read.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere here, so I thought I'd share what I copied onto a note card and have been thinking on:

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

Thanks for posting that, and bumping this thread up. Lately, I have been having an incredibly hard time coping with anxiety and it has turned me into something that 'ain't nobody happy with!', including myself so I have been considering things I am reading in the Bible, knowing that my son and his wife transfer to Ft Worth Tx next June, and that after the holidays I can work on prepping alot more, because right now any extra money is to go to TX to enjoy my son and his wife's long awaited formal wedding party and such. Things have been very slim all summer and it's been trying on preps and my 'headspace' in my head, along with all the news out there.

I came on Mrs S today and saw some stuff.... the stuff we all fear. I am grateful I live in a tiny town outside the limelight. I will deal with things locally and pray for the wisdom as the days go by. I will try to find stuff to release the stress, every day and I am working on strengthening my knowledge of the Bible. It is interesting to me that you can read it over and over and always find it applicable, teaching us the Way. Right now I know Jesus was perfect, he sacrificed as was foretold, his Life and conquered death in his resurrection and fulfilled the scriptures. I know he died for this crappy attitude I have had, for all the stupid stuff I have done and for the stuff I struggle just to do every day, the right stuff. I don't have to feel so quite ALONE in all this, because of Him. I can ask him to help me as I do my chores, no matter how monotonous things seem, how slowly things can come to me.

I can write the letters to my friends around the country, and take joy in the simplicity of writing to them, so that I can speak my mind and savor their friendship and care about them at the same time, I can work on my baking and making good meals to get stronger after being hit with some stomach flu bug that hit me twice in two weeks, and its a warning to take better care, get my vitamins, do the right stuff, relax~ sometimes.

I can get through the next few weeks and pray the trip I take to TX remains safe, despite the heightened fears of attack, including on Amtrak and I will be on that rail two days down, two days back. I will have a small survival kit.

It is already trying to snow up here in the North. Weeks early than early. I admit I dread the cold this year. I want to try and enjoy it though, that will make it better.

I know that I am very impatient! I want to be less so. I want to remember to turn on the radio sometimes, listen to music , or just enjoy the quiet, which I did earlier today and yesterday for a few hours. Besides , if bad things happen, we will not have much if any power coming in, and listening to the silence and being able to are important, as we are often so conditioned to noise from electrical devices!

I need prayers from any who would offer them. I feel so utterly alone right now, months worth of it already. If anything thats a morale breaker for me, big time, but have also felt so unfit to be any company at all. Somehow, I need to turn this around because it is really wreaking havoc in my life, and also makes it hard to get things done.

So, thankyou in advance. I know we are at the point, of Standing. I need better emotional strength and methods, that is for sure. So that I can 'Stand'. No matter what happens next. I need to be less weary, more sleep, more of all that is good in the way I look at things, more energy and focus. There is plenty to do even if it means I have to wait to place orders. I need to be a lot stronger in so many ways. I can admit this here.

Be well, be strong, pray, meditate on the Lord. Heck we know what the news is saying. We , I , need to concentrate on the better things and what I can do in my own small way to make it through all this stuff going on !

*S , Arby

Thankyou Miki. I did better today. Enjoyed walking in the brisk wind and seeing the first snow on a high peak to my north, as I went to get things at the market here in town. My hands were bright red with cold when I got home but it was invigorating, and at least whats left of the fall colors make the ridges and town look really neat with scattered clouds blowing in the wind.

After this I will be wearing my gloves and probably a better hat than my Cabela's cap, which I had slapped on my head 'cause I really need a haircut, lol. ( trying to grow it out more actually but it's definitely needing a trim again! )

Sounds like I will be using those wickaway long johns alot, soon! They were a Christmas present to me from my son and daughter in law last year. Whats nice is they also have a muscle compression ability and help those of us with neuro, muscular problems like fibro and MS. They even go over the wrist and cover the hand, with a hole for the thumb.

Reading the good Word too, and will be talking on the phone with a Mrs S buddy tonight.

Overall, mood is quieter and enjoyed things better today, it's a start.

Looking at certain edgy things , I realize that reason and such is far better than chaos. We definitely need to maintain some order. A quiet 'stand'.... ( which also keeps THEM from noticing US, lol).

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.