MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Any bloggers here?

blessedhomemaker71

Tina...

I am blogless... I want a blog..

what do I need to do to start? I am not joking! I think it would be kind of cool to have one... I have a digital camera too and still haven't mastered it! got my camera in 1998! I am slow.

but seriously I have been thinking maybe I need to learn about blogging.

off to look at yours now.

Hello fellow blogger!

I have 3 blogs.

-

Westbrook, the blogspot site is simple to use. You choose a template, and just type like the MrsS reply box. You can add pictures, as well.

I thought I'd like blogging and learned after trying it I despise it. I mean, I really, truly, HATE it. I like the interactivity of the message boards, but I'm not about to have a blog on the web ever again with my innermost thoughts and random rants and raves out there.

However, I am curious. Those of you with blogs who love doing it, what is the appeal. Why do you blog? What do you get out of it? (Maybe I'm doing it wrong??)

Darned if I know, JCK. Expressing a religious or political thought will just get people to be hateful at you. Since I've learned that, there is no way I'd write my thoughts down!

Maybe writing down some of what I've learned about prepping in a N/E suburb might help someone, but I tend to post things I learn.

I'm interested in why we should blog too.

One of my blogs is private; another has crafts and recipes; the third one (in my siggy) has old Christmas stories I don't want to lose, that I thought others might like too. Feel free to check it out!

• 1 month later...

WELCOME TINA!!! No, I don't blog. It seems to me to be a time hog. I do like reading others. I'm off to check your's out.

cleanheart :wub:

I thought I'd like blogging and learned after trying it I despise it. I mean, I really, truly, HATE it. I like the interactivity of the message boards, but I'm not about to have a blog on the web ever again with my innermost thoughts and random rants and raves out there.

However, I am curious. Those of you with blogs who love doing it, what is the appeal. Why do you blog? What do you get out of it? (Maybe I'm doing it wrong??)

Well, I use it as a vent and a form of reflection. Sometimes friends reply, some don't. I also do it to keep my personal writing skills alive. Most of the time my writing is so kid-centered I sound elementary or so professional I sound like a book.

I also try to be relevant and real....so if something's irking me, I post about it, chew on it a bit, reflect on it. Bottom line, it's my blog, so no one can tell me I'm wrong, but just maybe I might get someone to think about something (See my early blogs from last year) in a different way.

Well, C4C, as you may or may not know, I have to eat those words. I put a blog up here at Mrs. S and am giving it another go.

I got burned at another blog site but maybe all will be okay here.

I can always post pictures if I run out of stuff to talk about, LOL

JCK,

Well, jump in with both feet. I figure if people are still reading and checking out my profile, they're interested. Only the Lord knows who might be blessed by what I write. I'll read your stuff! :):thumbs:

Archived