MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lurker from Nebraska

eeyoresp

I have been lurking for some time now. It is time to come out and play. I do not make New Year's resolutions, but am trying to have a theme for the year. This year it is being prepared. I try to have some extras in the pantry, but really want to change our lifestyle this year.

I am a 29 year old stay at home mom to 3 boys, a pug and a wonderful hardworking hubby. My oldest is 7 and my youngest is about 13 months. I like to garden and read. I am hoping to have a much better grip on being prepared for many things. I am worried about the economy, my husband's job is fairly secure, but he might have to cut back on hours, the weather, we get tornadoes in the summer and some years can get bad winter weather,snow, ice, cold temps. I just want to prepared, it makes me feel like I am taking better care of my family.

Anyway, I am rambling on, I tend to talk a lot when I get going! Just wanted to say hello, and I hope to be more active in the boards. Oh, and thanks for all the information I have received already!

Liz

Hi, "Lurker From Nebraska". I'm brand new here, too, but I guess I am still in order to say "welcome". I also live in Nebraska, in the SW corner about 20 miles from town. Of course, there are tiny towns around me and I actually live in a tiny hamlet with only 4-5 families scattered around me.

"Prepping" is certainly a good theme for the year, especially today during these uncertain times. I think we all feel that way.

Hello,

We live in the SE corner of Nebraska. Right now the town we live in has around 4500 people I think. But, I grew up in a town with 300 people. I would love to live in the country though. Thank you for the welcome!

welcome5

Hi Liz! Sounds like you're exactly where I was when I first arrived here!

Ask us anything... we love to help!

And speak up if you get to feeling overwhelmed... we've all been there, and we'll hold your hand until your feelings and your "get 'er done" get together again. wink We'll help you sort things out to more manageable size.

bighug

• 1 month later...

Archived