MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Please report bugs here

MountainMommy

We have just done a fix on the forums script. Please report any issues here that seem to be related to the upgrade.

Thanks!

And... if something is better than before, I'd love to hear that, too.

Originally Posted By: Fullpantry
Maybe I'm computer challenged, but I can't access posts from the past 24 hours anymore! I usually check in everyday and click that to see what's new. I'm having a hard time managing the "new" forums. HELP!!! Does this option exist anymore?

Mine still 'works' the same. Click on 'Active Topics' at the top and then click on 'Active Topics' in the drop down. It just looks different. Gonna take some gettin' used to.

Fullpantry, click on "Active Topics", located at the top of the page in the bar underneath 1998 ~ 2008.

Once you've clicked on that, you choose Active topics or Active posts. You can read from there or,

Once that page opens, at the top of the page is another bar listing: "Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts | Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days.

smile

clap The smileys in the reply box 'MOVE'!! woohoo

It always bugged me that they didn't after the last upgrade, and I think it was fly that ya couldn't even see til ya moved your curser over it.

YAY!!

I noticed that one can no longer delete posts--was this intentional or accidental?

I believe it was accidental Judy. I'm sure that if Darlene were making a big change like that, she would've let us Mods know about it. Until it gets fixed, are you able to "Edit" your posts? If so, you can edit away all content. And you don't have to put a reason for editing; just un-check that box.

Yeah, the editing works fine. I usually put a reason unless I'm changing one word. I was just wondering about the delete thing...cuz I'm paranoid, LOL

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

I worked for a long time trying to get my Spa post in, but, it would not take all of the pictures, are the pictures causing problems. I've not had a problem before with all of the pictures.

HUGS37.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

I'm blaming VISTA.

I can't always get in the forums. I sign in and it takes forever to get in. Then when I do sometimes when I go to a forum or want to read PM's I get booted. It says I must sign in when I already have.

Sometimes I can't get in at all and the Windows is unable to open the site message comes up. Takes a few tries sometimes to get in. Took two this time.

It just did it again trying to submit this message. Took several minutes then the Windows cannot open the webpage message popped up. Getting frustrating.

Navigating in the site is very slow also.

This is the only forum this happens. I'm in several others and no problems. Just here at home.

I have trouble getting in to Mrs. S too. Signing in takes up to 3 minutes, where as when I first started to use forums, they all loaded instantly. My bread forums, still load quickly, as to my chat rooms. However the “SURVIVAL” forums ( all of them I enter as a registered user) take a long while to load. Im in XP.

I honestly thing the FEDS ( or SOMEONE) is snooping, monitoring ( to some degree, anyway).

I have tried several “Solutions”, such as a defraging, COMPLEATED Spy-ware, Trojan, Virus MALe-wart searches, I use 3 diffrent softwares to “sweep” & I find nothing. Emptying my “Prefetch” files, deleting all cookies, etc . So I do think we me be monitored, to some degree. Naturally, the Mrs.S software MAY have some glitch, OR some of our LOCAL isp’s servers are Overloaded.....We shall see...

OMB and Kevin...I think there's a scripting error in the programming of this message board, which is one of the reasons we're moving to the new message board.

I have all my hopes pinned on that rectifying itself once we make the move. For all intents and purposes, our server people say everything is A-ok on their end, so we'll see.

Originally Posted By: OldMaineBear
I'm blaming VISTA.

I can't always get in the forums. I sign in and it takes forever to get in. Then when I do sometimes when I go to a forum or want to read PM's I get booted. It says I must sign in when I already have.

Sometimes I can't get in at all and the Windows is unable to open the site message comes up. Takes a few tries sometimes to get in. Took two this time.

It just did it again trying to submit this message. Took several minutes then the Windows cannot open the webpage message popped up. Getting frustrating.

Navigating in the site is very slow also.

This is the only forum this happens. I'm in several others and no problems. Just here at home.

It is Stephanie's fault, remember how she broke the Chat Room??

Archived