MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello, I wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

Penelope

Hello, I'm Penelope, from Washington State, and I'm brand new on these forums. (I hope I am doing this right!) I just wanted to say hello. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 (ranging from teen to preschooler), and navy wife, and I've been prepping approx. since Y2K. Well, maybe a few years before that when I moved to Hurricane country. Now I'm in earthquake land instead. Hubby is deployed, so it's all on my shoulders, and I take that seriously. I'm thrilled to have some like minded folks to share with and fellowship with!

So glad to be here!

Pen :D

Welcome Penelope, so glad you are here. First of all, I want to say "Thank you for your service to our country!" My DH is retired AF, and 1 son is out of the Marines, and our daughter is married to a Marine. I was lucky that my DH served during peace-time; but our DSIL has been to Iraq twice, and our son once. Your job is not easy. This is a great site, and don't ever hesitate to ask a question, (we have great resources here). Again, welcome!

Glad to have you here with us, Penelope. Am a navy vet ( peacetime,though), and son is now a Marine Vet, with DIL still a Marine Officer, and DS has two half brothers, one about to come home from first tour in Iraq, and one luckily in AK in the CoastGuard. There is a nice forum called Reporting for Duty for the military families here. It sounds like you have lots of experience, I come from earthquake country myself and now live in Upstate NY in the Adirondacks state park. Beautiful here and rugged weather right now, being winter. But many places have been dealing with these artic blasts and major snow. We look forward to your postings! Questions, answers, ideas.....

The brand new boards which you see are still being tweaked here and there, but there is blog and photo album, photo album might still be needing work, and please pop into the shout box if you like. Its open 24/7. Most of us open another tab or window to accomodate both the Posts and the Shout Box. :bouquet::D Have a nice day!

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

welcomewelovenewmembers.jpg

Looks like you moved from one disaster area to anther one.

Glad you joined here and you will find so many from all over the place.

We lived in CA. for a couple years then moved back to MN, where we love it, except for days like today when there is ice on the road.

HUGS37.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Welcome Pen, so glad you joined us here. I like the way you think

in taking on the labor of love of prepping for you and your children.

This is the best site to learn no matter what level of preparedness you are.

Hugs, Jakesnana

:bighug2::bouquet: Welcome Pen. Glad you joined us. I'm sure you have a lot to offer as well as learn. I know I've learned quite a lot here. Look forward to getting to know you better.

Cleanheart :wub:

Archived