MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Note from gramma lois

gramma lois

Hello Everybody - I am glad to be here, and look forward to sharing the little knowledge I have that may help, and hope to be an encouraging voice here in this sweet place.

I am a past middle aged woman living in northern Canada, and getting ready for the spring thaw...I think. We are still pretty frozen up here right now, but I can feel the change coming in the air. I am blessed to be mother to five adult children and grandmother to seven sweetie pies. My children are the jewels in my crown...raising them is the most important job I will ever have been entrusted to do in this life.

My chosen profession in the workaday world is social work, and most of that contribution was made in Native communities here in the urban north. I am of Native and Scottish descent, and that is one powerful combination of clans in the mix.

Well as you can see I can be a real chatterbox, but I will just end on this note - God loves us and He plans to keep us safe in the palm of His hand. We have our part to do, but don't forget He's good for His word and He tells us that He loves and provides for us far better than we have and do for our children. That really is saying alot because I know how strong and deep my love and desire to protect my children is. Now magnify that love times beyond measure and we get just a glimpse of how much we are loved and protected by our Father God. Now we can bank on that. (Luke 12: 22-32, Mat 7: 7-12)

Well ladies don't mean to be preachy, just want to encourge y'all to stock up not only in the natural but to hide these sure promises in your hearts. :amen:

Love and Blessings

Gramma Lois

:welcome4:

You are welcome here! We are so glad to have you!

The Canadian Membership here at MrsSurvival has really grown recently. My oldest ancestors are of the Scottish Clan McGillivray and the Wind Clan of the Creek Indians in Alabama. Some of the ladies here enjoy geneology and they have a forum where they discuss their findings.

Many of us here rely on our Faith in the God and His Guidance throughout this process of prepping.

It is very nice to meet you!

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

welcomewelovenewmembers.jpg

We live in MN and only about 3 hours from the Canadian boarder. :)

I have some French-Canadian blood in me. I am one of those ladies that is really deep into genealogy. If you have any interest, please come on down to the "Family Tree" forum. :)

God is who keeps so many of us going. He is so good.

I too am past the middle age even if I don't think of it that way. :) Just started drawing SS last month so you know about where I am. :)

It is good to have you here and looking forward to seeing your posts. :)

HUGS37.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

MacDonald and Douglas clans on Mom's side here!! scotland2.gif

Switzerland/German Amish on the other... :)

I think you'll find most of us feel exactly as you do about our place on this earth and God's loving protection. While it may look like there is much fear and worry here, it is merely a motivation to *do*, not a place we live in moment-by-moment.

groupsmile.gif

Archived