MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Greetings

Mea

Good Morning.

I was delighted to be approved to join MrsSurvival. I've been reading here for a few months and Really like what i've seen. The practical woman's view of preparedness is refreshing. I wish i could remember where i came across the link to here..but i'm so glad i did !

A tiny bit about me. I am a 60+ year old woman, who is still learning. (gosh there's so much i do Not know !) Been married for almost 22 years to DH. ( second time around for both of us. Been Wonderful !!!) We live on our little homestead in upstate NY, on a ridge above the Mohawk Valley. We have 15 acres where we raise Nubian Dairy Goats, Natural colored sheep,and DH's chickens All these groups of animals are quite small, as there's only the two of us to "do it all" and we're no longer Spring Chickens. :lol: We have two cats and one thoroughly spoiled Australian Shepherd, who Mother Hens absolutely Everything. We have a decent garden that we keep enlarging each year. (DH is retired, so he gets to do the most. I'm just tired. lol. But hopefully in a year i can retire also.)

I started stocking up a few years ago with the "Use One, Buy Two" method. This way it did not pinch financially too badly. And i figured that this way i stocked what we actually would use. I'm really getting to like the idea that i do Not need to run to town for everything !!

I love to read, work with the gardens, read, play with the dog, and did i mention read ? !

Again. i'm so glad to have found Mrs S. Mea.

Hello Mea!

I'm so glad you found us and looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

I live with my husband and seven children in Alabama where we are trying to learn to homestead on the five acres that we have. We have chickens and goats.

It is great that you have already been putting aside some food, you've got a great start!

:wave:

Hi Mea and welcome to Mrs. S. :wave:

I'm a 60+er too and live in Northern Iowa. Dh is retired but I work part-time as a preschool teacher. We have animals, garden, etc. Dh also farms 180 acres. Reading is a passion and right now I'm reading Edward Sawtelle. Have you read it?

Anyway a big welcome to you!!!

Hello Mia and :welcome:

I live in New Mexico and we also have sheep. I believe they are natural colored, as we have not been buying hair color. :happy0203: Just Kidding, but really, please tell about Natural colored sheep, sounds so interesting. Our old dog is part Australian Shepherd too.

It's good to have you on Mrs. S :bighug2:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived