MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Keep Plugging Away

Momo

I try to re Google/Bing my relatives every few months. It is amazing how things/info get added to the internet all the time. Yesterday I redid a bunch of relatives and I hit a big one. I got a group picture of my Grandpa's unit from the SpanishAmerican War. It was neat to get another photo of him. This one shows him in his early life and I didn't have any around that age.

GOODMORNING4DOGS.gif

Oh, Momo, that is great. :)

I haven't done much at all with the genealogy lately. Been thinking of the kitchen. :);):) I also have been looking at the material for the schooling we took almost 2 years ago now. May need to go back and do it all over again when things get done around here and cleaned up. :)

I'm so happy that you are able to find so much on line. :) One of these days I will have to check again. :)

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I had a break a few weeks ago too, with a ggggrandmother I couldn't find parents for, so I googled again and Presto! I found a link to some research and connected with other researchers who verified who her parents were - and got another generation or two back! When you're working with 'Jones' 'Johnson' and such, it gets frustrating. But when you find a connection with documentation, it's great! So hooray for your find, Momo! :cele:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a surprise yesterday in the mail. I'd sent an inquiry to a church up in Buffalo about a branch of my Irish kin who had settled there. That was back in March of 2007. Yesterday, I received a reply (with an apology for taking so long). So I added a few more puzzle pieces although I still don't know what happened to them after 1865. They just disappear. I'm guessing that they either went to Canada for some reason, or he died and she remarried and for the 1870 census, she and the children are listed under her new name. I've had that happen before with another branch of the family. And, too, sometimes a family just doesn't make it on the census for whatever reason.

Archived