MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New from W. NC

lisamarie

Hello all,

My name is Lisa. A friend of mine told me about this site, and I thought I would come see. It is way cool, and I am so glad that I am able to be part of this group.

While I was in Florida for the five hurricanes that came through, we didn't have as much trouble with power loss as I have experienced here in NC so far. The first bad thunderstorm we had through here showed me that the power goes out easily here in the mountains and reminded me I need to get back into storing foods that can be cooked without a microwave! :D

I am working on a divorce (was too long coming) so I am on my own again for now. It is the best time to get started learning to survive on my own. I am looking forward to learning from you all!

I have several hobbies; knitting, crochet, hand-spinning, counted cross-stitch, and eventually I will raise angora rabbits. I have had French Angora rabbits in Florida and I hope to start a herd here in Marshall. There is a breeder working on breeding Blue Eyed Whites in Georgia. I am hoping to get a few of her buns and help in breeding them as well.

I have two wonderful chihuahuas, one long-haired one short-haired. Both have great personalities and are a credit to the breed. They have both been bred in the past and I hope to breed them both again in November.

I like to keep busy and I am going stir-crazy waiting to get some money together to get started on some of my projects! :D Oh, and I also make jewelry. I hope by Christmas to have my name out and around Asheville for the Holidays and get some of my stuff sold.

I guess that is enough about me for now. I noticed most of the other posts from newbies were kinda short. Hope this gives some others some ideas about introducing themselves! :D

Thank you all for allowing me to join your group!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived