MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Guys are on this site??

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Just wondering if guys get on this site. For instance Ed? Why would you be on a site for women- that is I'm assuming it is for women.

Do I sound sexist??

Lynnie

Guest Guest

Yes there are a few men on the site...generally husbands or significant others to the women we have here...

Ed has almost been here from the beginning and is an integral part of this site. He's our big brother and we value the male perspective he brings.

Can ya tell I'm still a *daddy's girl*? LOL

Gotta love them boys!

------------------

d5.jpg

Guest Guest

Yes, Ed is a great guy and you'll love reading his posts...they always have something funny and/or interesting in them...He sure knows how to make us laugh! laugh.gif

------------------

50_p1689.jpg

Guest Guest

Sorry I "surprised" you! smile.gif I help out in the shop, computers, et al. NOT WOMEN "issues"..Raised 2 DD's alone after my 1'st wife passed away at age 28..I have met many in person on this great site! Great advice when I needed it most. Like how to change a diaper?...Nice to meet you! Ed

------------------

edandpeg.gif

Guest Guest

Hey Ed! I stand corrected!!!!! smile.gif

It is lovely to meet you too. I am so sorry about your 1#wife. Does DD mean darling daughter? Daring daughters? Dancing Ducks?

My "chat" lingo is somewhat lacking.

I'm sure your a great guy.

Lynnie

Hi Lynnie,

I'd go with the Dancing Ducks........

Not really.......Usually D__,means Dear.....On occasion it means **** .....oooooooooh i swore......am i gonna get in trouble???????? lookin for the swear police.................I'm outa here!

Hey look at that......somehow the swear police took out my swear word...hmmmmmmm interesting...........it was D**N....there!~

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited August 03, 2002).]

Here ya go Lynnie

That's where you'll find them.

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/

Brigie,

This is for you---> kiss.gif Your so cute!

sorry for all the editing....messing up today!

-----------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited August 04, 2002).]

• 9 years later...

Just wondering if guys get on this site. For instance Ed? Why would you be on a site for women- that is I'm assuming it is for women.<BR>Do I sound sexist??<BR>Lynnie

Yes, you sound sexist. Guys are on this site because you can't expect a woman to understand anything mechanical, so there are a few guys to explain it in little words. . . . . ooh, do I sound sexist? (rolls eyes).

You can be sure there are forums I avoid. Touchy-Feely I am not. And there are conversations such as like the last get-together where I hear key words like "Menopa . . ." and immediately my hands go to my ears and I say "lalalallalalalalala" while rocking back and forth.

Tell you why I'm here - 'cause I met the owner through a mutual friend over some gun stuff and was invited. And I've always felt welcome. And when I want to know why my home-made ravioli isn't turning out right, I don't ask the guys at my buddy's transmission shop.

It's a big world out there and survival and preparedness are topics one can study for a lifetime and still only scratch the surface. It is a time to access one another for strengths and weakness and work with what we've got. I know a lot about a little. A little about a lot. And absolutely nothing about a whole bunch of stuff. As do other members. We compliment each other in our overlap, and while I've only been a member a few years you're the first post I've read that suggested plumbing was relevant.

Maybe it is "MRS SURVIVAL" 'cause Darlene's nom de plume is "MRS SURVIVAL". To take your query to its logical conclusion, unmarried women would be unwelcome as well as men.

Personally, I think your post says more (and not favorable) about you than it does any male members here.

quasi-rant mode off.

Edited by Gunplumber

Gunplumber, I'm very glad you are here! You hit the nail on the head when you talked about us all overlapping each other with knowlege. I usually know just enough about a subject to be dangerous.

As a woman, a male perspective is welcome. Especially since I'm going through menop....oops. :24:

Just wondering if guys get on this site. For instance Ed? Why would you be on a site for women- that is I'm assuming it is for women.<BR>Do I sound sexist??<BR>Lynnie

Yes, you sound sexist. Guys are on this site because you can't expect a woman to understand anything mechanical, so there are a few guys to explain it in little words. . . . . ooh, do I sound sexist? (rolls eyes).

You can be sure there are forums I avoid. Touchy-Feely I am not. And there are conversations such as like the last get-together where I hear key words like "Menopa . . ." and immediately my hands go to my ears and I say "lalalallalalalalala" while rocking back and forth.

Tell you why I'm here - 'cause I met the owner through a mutual friend over some gun stuff and was invited. And I've always felt welcome. And when I want to know why my home-made ravioli isn't turning out right, I don't ask the guys at my buddy's transmission shop.

It's a big world out there and survival and preparedness are topics one can study for a lifetime and still only scratch the surface. It is a time to access one another for strengths and weakness and work with what we've got. I know a lot about a little. A little about a lot. And absolutely nothing about a whole bunch of stuff. As do other members. We compliment each other in our overlap, and while I've only been a member a few years you're the first post I've read that suggested plumbing was relevant.

Maybe it is "MRS SURVIVAL" 'cause Darlene's nom de plume is "MRS SURVIVAL". To take your query to its logical conclusion, unmarried women would be unwelcome as well as men.

Personally, I think your post says more (and not favorable) about you than it does any male members here.

quasi-rant mode off.

Funny - that now that I have read your post I understand it all better:

I alway thought there was a period after the 'R' in "MR.S SURVIVAL" as in Mister's Survival ! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Silly me - :AmishMichael2: