MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Guys are on this site??

Guest Guest

Wow...this post was begun WAAAAAy back in 2002. A whole 'nother set of members back in those days. Except for our longest and dearest like Snowmom, Cat, and naturally, Darlene.

I noticed also that the poster's-name-scramble did a number on this era of time too. If anyone gets that far back in the dusty archives, you have to look at the bottom of the post rather than what name is posted on the left side. :wacko: For a while we had to think....ok so Member A is posting under Member Q's screen name. And Member Q looks like she's Member K.... I'm so glad it straightened out now. We had some very odd names pop up.

Anyway, thru the years we've had a variety of guys here. A few just couldn't make the transition cuz we sorta try not to get loud and ornery here. [some women don't 'get that' either tho :whistling: ] But the ones who have stayed on to teach and learn have been very welcome and appreciated for their strengths and areas of expertise.

And....has anyone seen/heard from Wormie lately. Since I've been gone a few wks, I wouldn't know if he's popped up. :unsure:

MtRider [.... "Mr.s S" ??????? :sHa_sarcasticlol::grinning-smiley-044: ]

Edited by Mt_Rider

seeing it was me that :bump1: it.......................

One thing I like to do is go and see what our "Guests/ lurkers' are looking at , Also a fun way of seeing old posts that I had forgotten all about.

I call it " looking back with the wayback machine" and sometime I will :bump1: them for others to see as well. . . .aka like this one.

you're not a guy (are you?) but glad to see you are back! LOL

:AmishMichael2:

Mt. Rider, Wormie pops in from time to time yet. A good thing we have him too as he keeps us posted on all of the recalls. I wouldn't know half of them if it wasn't for him.

Gunplumber, the original post was from 2002 and we have learned a lot since then. I think all men are welcome here as long as they play well with others. I value your male opinion cause I think like a woman and sometimes forget the other half's way of looking at things. :cheeky-smiley-067:

This post is so old. It can be fun to revisit old posts but a 10 yr old post is not going to reflect the mix of members we have now. Men are always welcome here! Since Ed is deceased and Lynnee is not here to defend herself (over a post that old!) I am going to ask we drop this thread out of respect for them.

This post is so old. It can be fun to revisit old posts but a 10 yr old post is not going to reflect the mix of members we have now. Men are always welcome here! Since Ed is deceased and Lynnee is not here to defend herself (over a post that old!) I am going to ask we drop this thread out of respect for them.

Sorry, but the reason I 'bumped it" was: isn't it funny that way back then they were talking about men on this site? and for some they are STILL talking about men on this site, SOME of us are still here. LOL

IF we can't read old post (and sometimes laugh at them), the the Mods. better start deleteing TONS of old ones as LOTS of people are no longer with us BUT the posts they did may still be worth reading.

:AmishMichael2:

Of course the posts are still worth reading. I just wanted to point out that if we are going to be critical of someone it's best if they are here to defend themselves. There is a lot of back story to this particular male member that I did not want to drag up. It got ugly and very sad.

All of the men here currently on the site are very well appreciated and we are glad you are here. I hope I made that clear? It's important to pay attention to the dates on posts for several reasons, one of which is that the names got mixed up so you might think one person said something and it turns out to be someone else instead of the person the post is attributed to. So just keep that in mind. We'd also like to make sure that people aren't judged for what they may or may not have written 10 yrs ago, since people change and grow. I hope we can all agree that is fair? Back then many of us were still very new to the preparedness way and perhaps a bit quick to judge others as a potential threat.