MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Greetings from Arizona

Y.T.

This looks like the place for newbie introductions, so hopefully I'm in the right spot. :)

Another member turned me on to your site, as an alternate and less, um, aggressive resource than some of the others. ;) (I've used the same name here as I do elsewhere.) I'm neither a mother nor a Mrs., but I do have girl parts and an interest in preparedness. So hopefully that'll let me pass.

I'll probably mostly be lurking and reading. Right now I'm still in the store bought basic preps stage for the home. But once I've gotten a handle on that I'd like to learn about the self-sufficiency skills. Being in the land of the external sun I'd also like to explore solar power at some point.

I do sew and while I'm still learning I can make or fix just about anything at this point, even if it's just through sheer dumb perseverance. ;) I have a BOB and an EDC for the most part completed (it's always a progressive process). I'm working on my GHB and my car kit, they're coming along as money allows. I've also been working on my home preps. I have about 2.5 weeks of water and about 1 month's worth of food stored, for 2 people. I live in a small apartment, so that's all space allows at the moment.

My bf, who I live with, also has a BOB. I've been the one leading the charge on preps for the past year and half. However, he's always been supportive and on-board, and has been taking more of an active roll. His own kit and plans are less developed than mine, but I want to give him space to address them at his own pace since we go about things differently.

So that's about it. Thanks to everyone for sharing their tips and info. :)

P.S. - oh, I did go vote in the CALLING ALL NEW PEOPLE!!! poll thread, since the mods were nice enough to ask for input.

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

welcomewagon.gif Glad you made it!

thanks all. there's a lot of great self-sufficiency info here. :D

Homemaker, I used to live in the Northeast. those VA mountains are very pretty.

Leah, you have the best emotions. that's like a wagon full of fun. ooh! a fun wagon! thanks for telling me about this place. :lol:

Archived