MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Cecilia

Beware of sheeples in the family

Someone from Frugals posted about her friend the prepper whose family tricked her into going shopping with her daughters and all the while hubby and son cleaned out all of her preps. They called it an intervention for her "hoarding" mental disorder. Everything is gone. She is so upset that she first bought a prepay cell and the took her family plan phone and drove over it and then she went to a motel.

I still can't believe that happened. I'm in absolute shock!

They probably donated it to a shelter, so I'd imagine it's gone. :angry:

Hubby would be sleeping in the doghouse for the rest of his life, *IF* I stayed with him, would he ever try something like that.

What morons. Guess who they'll expect to feed them when TSHTF?

We've heard of this one happening before....but it's always shocking. The last one was a woman who's DD's treated her to a day at the spa and "cleaned her cluttered house".

".....filing a police report for burglary & theft" ? .......at my house they might be filing for MY reaction ... :frying pan: :motz_6: But fortunately, DH is on board....even quietly eating his beans... ;)

MtRider [A locked/hidden store room sounds better and better. Maybe one off-site if this is AT ALL a possibility. Sheeeeesh! ]

Someone from Frugals posted about her friend the prepper whose family tricked her into going shopping with her daughters and all the while hubby and son cleaned out all of her preps. They called it an intervention for her "hoarding" mental disorder. Everything is gone. She is so upset that she first bought a prepay cell and the took her family plan phone and drove over it and then she went to a motel.

I still can't believe that happened. I'm in absolute shock!

Link?

Luckily for me, my lot hate me cleaning, so most of the house looks like its been through a hurricane. They wouldnt know if something was stored or not.

I wouldnt be mad that they tided or even got rid of my preps, I would be mad because they hadnt sold it to get the money it was worth. I must have been a saleswomen in a past life. :lol:

You DO have to register at Frugal's, but it is free. Great site! I missed that post and would love to know where it is. That sounds like a heartbreaking story. She loved her family enough to try to keep them alive, whatever may come, but they apparently didn't love her or themselves as much.

Edited by shannsmom

iirc, you have to register there to see the post ....................... not worth it ................

Been a member there since 1999. Don't get over there that much, but once in a while I'll go browse.

Welllllllllllllllllll......not knowing the woman......and not being able to see the link and read the story........ There is a difference between *prepping* and *hoarding*. Some of those shows I've seen on TV are totally DISGUSTING. Not that that is the case here...I'm just sayin'.... <shrug>

Then again, I have a hard time wrapping my brain around someone being that into prepping and not having her family on board (to the point of betrayal). I was raised by a prepared mom and my children were raised the same way.....I mean, there's NO way they would ditch my canned green beans and salsa and chicken soup....they LIKE it! :)

Welllllllllllllllllll......not knowing the woman......and not being able to see the link and read the story........ There is a difference between *prepping* and *hoarding*. Some of those shows I've seen on TV are totally DISGUSTING. Not that that is the case here...I'm just sayin'.... <shrug>

Yeah, I guess that is true. It can get overdone. I hadn't thought about if it might be truly "extreme".

At any rate, there should have been serious discussion instead of just tossing it all out the door, even if it might have been given away. And we don't know if that did or did not happen, either.

:shrug:

Yeah, I guess that is true. It can get overdone. I hadn't thought about if it might be truly "extreme".

Stop talking about me!

If the cans were swelling and the rice had bugs in it, I think they might have called it something other than "hoarding."

My place looks like a burglarized warehouse, but my son's version of "clearing out" was "Mom, one of the cans I got out of the fruit cupboard was bad. Can we go through it today so you can show me what's good?" We did. Threw away a disheartening amount, but what's left in that cupboard is ick-free, dusted, and lined up in date order. Last week we went through a second cupboad, and we're probably going to make this a bi-weekly project.

www.frugalsquirrels.com, it's in the Lady Squirrel section.

Oh my, Oh My, OH MY! I would probably go beserk. :o

I would make them give me the cash to replace it all.

And they would be in the doghouse big time!

My understanding is that everything was neatly boxed in the garage. She used money she made from her job to purchase the items. They just decided that she had mental problems because of the prepping.

I just can't understand a husband having so little respect for his wife. In one day, they have manged to throw away any trust she had in any of them especially her husband.

My understanding is that everything was neatly boxed in the garage. She used money she made from her job to purchase the items. They just decided that she had mental problems because of the prepping.

I just can't understand a husband having so little respect for his wife. In one day, they have manged to throw away any trust she had in any of them especially her husband.

Yes, that trust is gone. I wonder what would have happened if she'd sold (or gave away) her husband's truck, or his woodworking shop and all the wood in it, or whatever "toy" he had?

I didn't even know there was a ladies section... I can't find it, tried doing a search on the forum to no avail. I can't imagine the lack of trust and respect she was shown.

I wonder if theres a way one of you all could post it? I tried to register for FS but haven't been approved yet. ;( I feel so bad for her! What a horrid thing to happen. She should callt he police and report it stolen and get it back. Oh my heck!

Momma, you don't see where it says "Lady Squirrels"? It's just above the homeschooling section.

If I remember correctly, you have to ask to be allowed into the Ladies' Forum since it's for Ladies Only.

Sounds like the poster wrote personal story in a private forum amongst a small group of friends she knew. I don't think it's important for us to read all of the gorry " details" but rather focus on the subject matter. More specificallly, evaluate our own circumstances (not hers). Do I have those closest to us on board? Have I communicated clearly with them the needs and goals for benefit of the family?

*And finally, how good is my plan for hiding the bodies* :whistling:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.