MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Aha! Finally found you again!

PoorMusician

I had found this board a few years back when I was trying to cook on a broken ankle with medical bills galore. Found y'all again just recently and am really ready to learn! Middle TN area - so howdy Tennesseans! Any "getting started" guidance y'all have for these boards, well, I'd be much obliged.

OH, OH, OH!!!!!

:bighug2:

I was looking through some back posts the other day and found one of your posts. And I was wondering how you were and how things were going!! And now--- Here you are!!!

So... catch us up! What's going on in your life? Cooking getting easier? Hubby OK?

WELCOME HOME!!!!!

Hi!

Thanks Cat!

Let's see... well, no more broken bones, thank goodness, though I still have problems with the ankle. Hubby is great, just as adorable as the day I married him and still keeps me laughing. He's gone back to school to finish his degree so we're poor again. :-) We bought our first house! I love having kitchen cabinets.

:woohoo:

It's a little out of the city and a real fixer-upper, so I had to suck up my "city gal" self and deal with ladybug swarms, mice, mosquitoes, really bad decor, etc., etc. And that's mostly why I'm back. I understand so much more the personalities and thoughts behind these boards!

So thanks for a warm welcome back!

Oooh... those Asian ladybugs *bite*! :( You wouldn't think they would, but they do. Best thing to do is suck them into a vaccuum sweeper.

We have some threads here about dealing with mice and bugs. Let me know if you need them. (I would imagine the mosquitoes are NOT currently a problem!!! :happy0203: )

I have been disgusted and frustrated to find that whoever left the basement door open last summer for a couple of hours DID also let in a mouse/mice. :angry: And our cat has grown so hard of hearing that she won't be hunting it/them, which probably is OK because she tended to bring them *to* us at 3 AM and drop them where Hubby had to chase them down. Hubby did NOT like playing "mouser"! <_< And it meant both of us jumping out of bed in a panic, hoping she wouldn't drop it INTO our bed!

Bad decor... EH. :shrug: As long as it's serviceable now, ANYTHING you do will be an improvement. That leaves room for laughs and groans, and people who love you will understand. And a sturdy house can be experimented on so you both learn new things. ;) (OK, I'm TRYING to be upbeat! LOL)

Let us know what we can help you find.

:bighug2:

OH yeas, I remember you! It's good to see you back here and posting once again. I tend to remember those who also come from TN lol. We are in the Paris Landing area here. Shout out if you ever get up this way! And let us know what you need, will try to help you find it too!

Q

Welcome Back!! I'm recently returned after a long abscence myself AND my roots on my Mama's side are in Tennessee ... we must be kindred spirits!! I don't know how much help I can be, but I'm sure these wonderful experts on this site will be great!!

Howdy!

That thread on mice would be great! They love to "visit" us early winter and early Spring. Same with the ladybugs, though they keep to themselves at the top of my slanted ceiling in the living room. We just keep a live and let live philosophy, mostly cause they die first!

The decor is fun. We have plywood floors right now cause apparently they look good with stain. There's on sheet in the dining area that if you step on it juuuuust right it'll make a creak sound that startles my hubby every time! hehehe We're slowly getting the drywall repaired and the horrible paint colors removed. And it is fun. Some of our friends love coming over to see the changes.

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes. Nice to (re)meet some TN folks!

• 3 months later...

Archived