MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Howdy from the "WayBack Machine"!

ginger71

After saying howdy, I'm going to start searching some of the oldest posts :P:rolleyes: to see if I can find some of the pre-Y2K information that helped me so much.

Hello, Darlene! How's your cookbook collection?

The last time I was in here (before my computer crashed so bad :P), my boys were still in elementary, the cat was getting used to a "new" house and we had two very large Malamutes. Now my oldest is in the Navy, the youngest one decided that he just HAD to live with Dad, and sadly/happily, the animals are waiting for all of us at the Rainbow Bridge. I do have a turtle (long story), two extremely large goldfish (guess who begged me for fish, then promptly lost interest?), guppies that the turtle hasn't caught yet, freshwater shrimp and two snails and a Marimo (mossball); apparently, I have to have 'critters'.

I also bought a smaller house since the boys aren't here, with a 'do-able' payment, lower taxes and utilities and a longer 'honey-do' list than you could imagine (we had to gut EVERYTHING), but it has enough yard that I can have a real garden (raised beds), for once.

I work for our county in Solid Waste Management and Hazardous Waste Collection. I drive all over to do it almost full time and then some, especially in summer. Almost everything in this house is 'recycled' from the places I work, unless it was something that had to replaced with new for energy efficiency sake.

It's been a long haul; we see the end of the tunnel (or that's a train bearing down on us) and we haven't driven each other completely crazy yet in 14 years, altho' we may just be a 'bit' neurotic...

Anywho, I am so happy you are all still here! {{{warm fuzzies}}} Yee-Haw!

I'll have to get used to all the new geegaws, tho.

:o:blink: ???

**stands staring at this wild-eyed, comfortably-mussed, wonder of a gal, trying to remember if she looks familiar...**

Did you have another name back then? I remember another Ginger, but I'm not sure what she called herself here... was she in Michigan? Ohio? :shrug:

(Sheesh, it's not fun getting old... **wipes glasses**)

Unfortunately, my Dear, most of the pre-Y2K stuff was lost in a serious program crash some years ago. But we can sometimes get some of the stuff off the real "Wayback Machine", if we're lucky. Unfortunately, it sometimes won't go too deeply into the forums. :( But some of it has been preserved by members and reposted, or linked to other places. And we have a wonderful way of bouncing back, and filing in with even more great stuff! :cheer:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://mrssurvival.com

But many of *us* are still here, and we're SO glad you found us again, and now... tell us what you're looking for, so we can help! ;)

:bighug2:

GOODMORNINGWHITEDOG2.gif

WELCOMEBACKBEARANDFLOWERS.jpg

I think I remember you, but, it has been a long time since you were here last. :) Glad you found us again. As Becca Anne said, you have been busy. :)

hugsgirlandflowers.gifHAVEANICEDAYFLOWERSANDBUTTERFLIES.gif

Archived