MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I was wondering...

Darlene

If anyone would be interested in another MrsS get together...

The last one we had was in 2008 here, at my home. It was a crazy time for me but gathering together with a bunch of our online friends who then became genuine heart friends in real life is something I'll never forget.

Things have changed so much for me...I'm no longer newly moved, I'm much more organized, I have plenty of room, etc., and I would just love to get a group of us together to spend a weekend on my farm. I have cattle, horses, goats, pigs, chickens, bees, livestock guardian dogs, etc....we could can, shoot, and a variety of other things, so I just wanted to see if anyone might be interested in gathering again together in my home.

We did it in the fall last time and that was an awesome time to do it, so I think the fall would work again...late September, early October would be great up here in the Appalacian mountains. It would be an awesome time to meet new friends as well as old friends, so if anyone would be interested, please share.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn - I just committed my last spare dollars to further study. So that wipes out my time and money for the next 2 years. I wish I could come though.

I'd love to come, and have maybe a 50% chance of being able to come. We'll have someone here to feed the critters and gather the eggs.

Darlene was gracious enough to let Granny and myself run the last of the apples she had cooked through the squeez-o. Someone's arm got tired & it wasn't mine. :whistling: Cat, call Necie & ya'll can ride together. :bounce:

:wormie2:

John

The last gathering was a blessing and sooooo much fun! If at all possible, DH and I will be there! He may even have the DVD of the first gathering done by then. lol

I am going to check out getting a friend to do more involved shooting classes...kind of the ones I did.

I'd like to do some dairy classes...I'll have a couple of milking does and we can have some fun making some cheeses and other dairy products. I definitely want to do some canning things too.

Maybe some meat smoking things also...I'll have a cow and a pig in the freezer by then. We could make some fresh bacon and sausage and maybe even spend one of the days solely living off what can be produced off a farm. Lots of things we can do, so we'll be talking about that more too.

I redid the room above the garage, so that has a bed and a bathroom. I've painted 2/3 of the guest house so that should be done by fall and will have several sleeping areas.

Anyway, if y'all have any ideas, let me know.

DH is interested in making cheese, etc (me too). Can't have enough gun lessons. Always interested in more canning lessons. I could show how to do simple quilting. Our excitement is building!

Depending on what happens with our possible job and move....I'd love to come. I was just pea green with envy over missing the last one. I will certainly shoot hard to come to this one.

Archived