MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darlene

Romans 12:21

Heavenly Father,

What a whirlwind the past 24 hours has been. My youngest son is in the hospital and I'll be bringing him up here as soon as he can be released. He has critical needs on a human level, but more importantly on a spiritual level, so this morning Father, in this prayer, I lift my son Christopher before Your holy throne and ask that You intervene in his life. You gave him to me when he was born, and I gave him back to You Father God so please do, what I cannot as his mother, because You alone are God.

I thank You for Your peace that fills my heart right now. I have no idea what lies in the days ahead but my eyes are on You seeking Your face, Your will, Your direction, Your protection, Your faithfulness, Your mercy and grace, Your salvation, not only for me, but for my son.

I wait expectantly, knowing and believing that You have allowed these circumstances to come together at this moment in time for eternal reasons. May Your will, surrounded by Your incredible love, be done.

Bless today's study Father. It is Your Word, Your Truth, and Your saving message.

In Jesus Name I pray,

21. Be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good.

The rvbv writes, ""Evil" here directly connects itself with that hatefulness in others of verse 20; but it also includes all the evil in the world, through which the Christian walks as a stranger and a pilgrim. This plan of setting forth a positive path of "good" before His saints, instead of a mere negative "Thou shalt not," is the constant way of God in grace. Compare, "Let him that stole steal no more; but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing that is good, that he may have whereof to give to him that hath need" (Eph. 4:28). It is not merely, Stop stealing; but, Begin giving! Just as in the following verse of Ephesians we read: "Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but such as is good for edifying as the need may be, that it may give grace to them that hear." Merely to stop doing wrong things will finally make a monk out of you; doing good, will put you in Paul's company. No one is "overcoming" in the sense of Romans 12:12, save those whose time is filled with good: praise, prayer, and thanksgiving towards God; and loving ministry towards men.

Heavenly Father,

Well, we've come to the end of chapter 12. When I reflect on the past year and a half doing this study, my heart grows very tender as I remember the journey I've taken with You through Your Word here in Romans. There are no words to describe the expanse of all I feel, but I will say that being able to look back and view a walk that has been walked with You, my Holy Heavenly Father, fills me with much gratitude and love for You.

May loving and tender hand of protection be over all I love and if You can somehow use me to bring about Your perfect will, then I'm willing.

Your will Father, not mine.

I love and need You so much...and once again, as I type that, I can't escape the thought that I do have You...as my God, my Heavenly Father, my King, my everything.

In Jesus Name I pray,

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.