MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Howdy from th foothills of the Ozarks!

NicoleS

Hello all! I'm Nicole, mother of a 12 year old daughter and an angel baby. My husband and I have a farm in southeast Missouri. We raise cattle, have goats and horses. Hoping to get some chickens next. My husband is also a veteran of Iraqi Operation Freedom, he served from 05-07 as a combat engineer clearing IED's.

We've always been mostly self reliant owing to the distance from our farm to the closest town, but we've really amped things up these last couple years. Plus, living smack dab on top of the New Madrid Fault and our area being prone to tornadoes, flooding, winter ice and snow storms, it is a comfort to know we are prepared for anything, especially in such economic and political times as these.

For all my self reliance, I've never canned! It was actually my looking up canning that brought me here.You gals know your stuff!

I'm glad I found you all!

Hiya Nicole, good to see you made your way here. There's always more room at the fire with us.

Looking forward to hear how you live daily life on the farm.

Welcome Nicole! Girl you have to get a canner if you don't have one and get started. Ask us questions when you need to, there are no silly questions here. It is canning season now so jump on in and get started.

:wormie2:

John

Archived