MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darlene

Romans 13:13

Heavenly Father,

It's been a few days since I've done a Romans study...the construction on the house has increased, and between my brother and my son and all the normal things I have going on around the farm, I barely have time to have any personal space, much less time to get on the net.

But this morning I woke up at 5am and was just sitting here browsing the net, thinking how I need to get a shower and get going shortly so I can take my son down to the city to the doctors this morning when the thought of doing another verse in Romans came to mind. "I don't really have the time this morning", I thought. But then, my heart felt a little sad...how could I not have a few moments for You, Your Word?

My priorities are getting all turned around. The busyness has me scrambling and I've grown enough to know that that is a danger sign for me. So Father, here I am, I want You first this morning. In fact, I need You first this morning, and every morning. Help me to get off this rollar coaster and back on track, regardless of how crazy the days get. I miss the solitude that I normally have with You...it's being filled with people and circumstances and that just doesn't feel right. I want it filled with You first and foremost because it is only then that I truly feel safe.

How interesting it is that when I have some very critical things in front of me, that I find myself distracted. The ploys of the enemy never cease, so this morning I lay at the foot of Your throne all the things going on in my life...the needs in my family, the decisions I need to make in the near future, the need I have for Your hand of protection...all of it I lay down. You know the cries and desires of my heart Father God but most of all I desire to be within Your perfect will for my life. I can't accomplish that on my own will alone...I can see how quickly I can get focused on earthly things so please help me. Nothing devestating is going on at the moment...there are no emergencies, but I've walked with You long enough to know that any distance or lack of communication between You and I is always a red flag.

Thank You for stopping me this morning and bringing me into this prayer, this particular Romans study. Open my eyes that I might see, and fill my heart with Your truth that I might live.

In Jesus name I pray,

13. Let us walk becomingly, as in the day; not in revelling and drunkenness, not in chamberings and wantonness, not in strife and jealousy.

The rvbv writes, "As those in the day, let us be walking becomingly - Men choose the night for their revels; but our night is past, for we all are "children of the light and of the day" (I Thess. 5:5). Let us therefore do only what is fit for the light and for the day. We belong to that "day" which our Lord's coming will usher in, - and that shortly! Therefore, let us walk as those already in the daylight of that day! Not in riotings and drunkennesses - Nocturnal revels such as characterized the Roman Empire of Paul's day, and the myriad drunkennesses of modern "night parties," are in view here. How needful the warning to keep clear of these things in this hour when the time of "the iniquity of the end" (Ezek. 21:25,29) is drawing nigh! Young people, rushing on to damnation, with "dates" beginning at 10 or 11 or even midnight, and ending perhaps at dawn, known well what "revellings and drunkennesses" are. Let the saints in horror shun them!

And the next things of the text follow these, as they have always followed them: Not in chamberings and wantonness - The word translated "chamberings" occurs three other times: Luke 11:7, Romans 9:10, Hebrews 13:4. Its being in the plural number here, and associated with the word generally rendered "lasciviousness," suggests its horrid meaning. Schaff and Riddle well say: "Various forms of secret vice are here indicated by the plural. These sins are closely connected with the preceding (revellings and drunkennesses), often caused by them. The word translated "wantonness' points to an abandoned sensuality." David said: "The floods of ungodliness (Heb.: Belial) made me afraid" (Ps. 18:4). So earth's steadily increasing tide of Noah's-day wickedness would terrify us, did we not know that the Lord is coming, to deliver His saints and to judge this very wickedness!

Not in strife and jealousy - Brawls, troubles, "wounds without cause"; hatreds and jealousies, follow this train of self-indulgent sins. "Strife and jealousy," here, may also particularly indicate those strifes, envyings, and jealousies which so frequently remain not put away among believers: "Wherefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven [that is, revellings and vices of the world of the wicked], neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness," (I Cor. 5:8) - which, alas, Paul has to warn against over and over among Christians: "Whereas there is among you jealousy and strife, are ye not carnal, and do ye not walk after the manner of men?" (I Cor. 3:3). "Put away anger, wrath, malice, railing" (Col. 3:8)."

Heavenly Father.

Ok.

Ok.

Ok.

I get it.

*sigh*

May Your will reign, and not mine, in my life, for I freely lay my will at Your feet. It is Your power, Your faithfulness that will see it done.

In Jesus Name I pray,

:happy0203:

You're cute, Darlene! :hug3:

MtRider [...yeah, I get it too..... ]

Edited by Mt_Rider

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.