MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Herbwifemama's Intro

Herbwifemama

I was led here by a link on Tammy's Recipes site. She was discussing bulk buying. I'm not new to any of the topics discussed on this site. I have a great interest in self sufficient living, prepping, all of it. I need some help on the frugal part. We've got two girlies ages 5 and 10 months, and they eat a ton! :)

What else? We live in the middle of the city on what's becoming an urban homestead. I have a garden, and I plan to expand it every year til I'm maximizing our yard space. Hope for bees, chickens, a guard dog for the flocks in the future, and if it was legal, a goat or two (chickens are legal, goats are not).

There's lots more that I have in common, but I"ve learned to keep these intros short. :) If you have any questions, just ask. :)

groupsmile.gif

Glad to have you here! I'm always interested in hearing about how people who live in cities incorporate "simple ways" into their lifestyle. It can be a challenge. Have you found our "Urban Homesteading" forum yet?

Welcome home!!! :bighug2:

groupsmile.gif

Glad to have you here! I'm always interested in hearing about how people who live in cities incorporate "simple ways" into their lifestyle. It can be a challenge. Have you found our "Urban Homesteading" forum yet?

Welcome home!!! :bighug2:

Yes I did, I've looked around pretty thoroughly. Now, to get into a couple of the private forums... :)

Oh, and I noticed you were from IN. I'm in central IN. :)

Herbwifemama;

Welcome. I think you will love it here. Not only will you find a lot of really useful information but a bunch of fun, caring people too.

Like you, I live in the middle of a city and am trying to hack out my urban homestead with what I have.

I can't wait to seeing more posts from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried for Nigerian DWARF goats as "pets" in the city. Some years back, the city of Seattle declared them legal. :shrug: They're getting more popular and only come up to knee high. But they are a dairy breed...proportionately less but still milk and good percentage of cream.

Welcome

MtRider :wave: [ok..I'm late.... :P ]

Archived