MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Decisions Made

Carie

Well, dh made a huge decision last week. We will be filing bankruptcy, probably July 15th. We are only filing on the house and credit cards, we are keeping our auto loans and a small personal loan of dh's. Dh feels that we should pay back as much of the money we have borrowed as possible. I agree. We are hoping to find a suitable rental in the next couple of months. Our attorney said we could probably stay in the house for a year or so before we would be evicted but dh and I both feel the sooner we get out, the better.

I had a nasty phone call from my mom a few weeks ago. I just don't understand her mindset. She lied about something Bear (age 3) said and when I called her on it she blamed me for teaching me to hate! (Even though the comment he "actually" made wasn't hateful at all). She wouldn't listen to me, which was what I expected but I do feel better that I at least tried to defend myself. Up to this point I hadn't. I think that's when dh decided that this was enough.

I am very calm about it. Dh is really hurting now but I hope that after the actual filing is done and we find a new place he will do better. He knows it is right, but it is still very difficult.

2 weeks ago we found some pot leaves in the glove box of my van. They had just been put there. And we can smell pot burning every night if we are outside. We will be so glad to be gone from here.

Please pray that we can find a good rental. We haven't rented a house in 14 years. LOL We need something that will work for 1-2 years until we can rebuild our credit enough to buy something else. Our list of preferences is long and I have been praying that God grant at least the major ones.

Our computers were in the shop for over 10 days....so I'm catching up again! Good talking to all of you.

Blessings,

Carie

Good luck to you and your immediate family, Carie! It sounds as thoughthe rest of the family is really escalating and are trying to get you in trouble with the law. I would consider that to be a personal attack against everything that I hold near and dear. Ordinarily, I would recommend that you stay put during the bankruptcy process in order to build up a little cash. In light of these new developments, I recommend that you get out as fast as you can. Keep your vehicles locked at all times...Lord only knows what else they will pull.

(((Carie)))

Go through the worksheets at Nolo Press. Whether you use an attorney or not, they will help you navigate the process.

Take a deep breath and ....................................Breathe

You can get through this and good for dh (and you too)for seeing that this is the way out.

Starting over is always hard but you guys have taken the hardest step already- deciding to start over.

Remember the past is the Past - we can only learn from it.

......... and as always we too will be praying.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Praying for you and your family. It's good that you now having the ball rolling on getting out of there.

I'm sorry that your extended family is acting even worse. You might want to keep it "quiet" about your making these definite plans to leave so that their bad behavior doesn't escalate while you are still there. (I thought I remembered your mom getting info from a friend of yours).

Archived