MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New Member from SE WI

Paradox

New to the group here, though not to preparedness. Previously (and still) on Frugals, but looking to branch out a little more. Married, three children DS almost 16, DD almost 8 and DS almost 5. Also have parents living with us. We're outside of Mil-yuck-ee. Look forward to getting to know y'all.

Welcome from the beautiful MS Gulf Coast! Glad to have another pal. You will love it here! So much good info... and friendly too! :welcome4: Do not hesitate to ask a question, or to share any of your knowledge with us!

Welcome Paradox. I'm in Northern Iowa so we're almost neighbors. :) My son goes to Madison, WS often with his semi to pick up beans for Pioneer Hybrid. Sometimes he goes on over close to Michigan. Have no idea where.

So glad you joined us. Jump in and start posting and really get accquainted!

**Cat passes out fresh cinnamon rolls, coffee, and tea**

Welcome! So glad you found us!

I dunno, dogmom4... maybe she has a pair of ducks and likes wordplay??? :shrug:

:happy0203:

Whatever you're interested in finding, just ask. We'll help you find it!

:bouquet:

Ok Cat...that one actually took me a few minutes to get....... :D

Welcome from the west coast! If you don't mind me asking...how did you come by your forum name?

Long story, but I previously did some Star Trek roleplaying online. I played a Betazoid-Vulcan scientist turned Marine. Paradox was her callsign, given to me/her by a friend (who played another Star Trek Marine).

**Cat passes out fresh cinnamon rolls, coffee, and tea**

Welcome! So glad you found us!

Whatever you're interested in finding, just ask. We'll help you find it!

I don't have ducks... but I wish I had chickens. On the other hand, parachicks just doesn't have the same wring. ;) I do, however, pun regularly. Thanks for the cinnamon roll. Is it Gluten-free? If not, I'll have to keep it away from my little one. I don't drink coffee, but would love some nice herbal tea. :)

• 4 weeks later...

:laughkick: This thread is hilarious.

:unsure: Am I too late for the cinnamon rolls? :yum3:

Um.....a Betaziod-Vulcan????????? Is that even possible? Sounds very schiz to me. Paradox, indeed! :lol:

MtRider [..Trekie too ....and welcome, albeit rather a late greeting :P ]

Well, howdy yourself! Nice to see someone else from my general part of the state

(Im north of Milw Co). West Allis is nice area, nice folks too.

Didn't know anyone there still sewed! Kind of a lost art nowdays, but doggone useful. Im told schools don't even offer home economics anymore, let alone teach sewing, canning or any of that useful stuff anymore. Welcome aboard, you will like it here.

Hi to another SW wis person. Yes, Milwaukee can be a frustrating place. I remember it decasdes ago, when it was more liveable in general, but so much is now gone that it is not the same. Sadly, its almost like nobody thinks people actually live in cities anymore, so all interest is gone in making cities livable.

Kudos to you Paradox; in many ways you are a pioneer on the urban frontier. I think you will like it here.

Hi to another SW wis person. Yes, Milwaukee can be a frustrating place. I remember it decasdes ago, when it was more liveable in general, but so much is now gone that it is not the same. Sadly, its almost like nobody thinks people actually live in cities anymore, so all interest is gone in making cities livable.

Kudos to you Paradox; in many ways you are a pioneer on the urban frontier. I think you will like it here.

Interesting that they say that the middle class is disappearing, meanwhile, suburbia is expanding almost exponentially.

Archived