MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Well Folks...

mamacat

About a hundred years ago I was a member here named Mamacat. Nice to be back online and back to MrsSurvival. I'll be poking around the digs here for a few days, looks likes its been remodeled... people have come and gone, I'm certain.

For those who don't know me, I'm a Kansan, a survivalist, a gun aficionado... former Marine, and lover of cats who need rescuing.

I haven't been here too long, but I want to extend you a warm welcome back! Looking foreward to some new posts.

MAMACATWELCOME BACK, You have NO idea how much I have missed you. I lost track of you and that saddened me. I was thinking of you just yesterday and here you are. I wonder if thinking about a few other lost members will bring them back. [Cookiejar, Cookiejar, Cookiejar to start with. LOL]

I hope you plan to stay a while and enjoy the new decor.

:bighug2:

Mamacat/Conservationist/dear friend... I have missed you SO MUCH. I have tried to call you with your old number with no luck. (Maybe I was that "unknown strange number" that scared you? :happy0203: ) I have been so afraid that something serious had happened to you.

When I get through Mom's funeral I will write more in a PM if you don't mind. My mind is in such a fog that I can't even keep the days straight right now.

I remember way too much time wasted having giggles with you in chat. 18 INCHES???? :24:

Welcome back, dear friend. :hug3:

Thank you so much for the welcomes (and the welcome back from the old timers). Cat, I am so sorry for your loss :( Sending love an energy your way.

Mother, I do indeed plan to stick around and enjoy the new decor! Its looking nice. I've been traveling and have not had time to spend reading, but am home now and expect to catch up this week. My life has taken many interesting turns over the last several years, many of which kept me offline.

Conservationist,,,,,hmmm. I will NEVER get used to that name LOL. Whatever you go by, I'm glad you are back. I am looking forward to hearing more from you. Lots of new people here and I'm sure they can use your expertise and your insight. We all can.

It's a new survival world out there and we are all going to have to adapt to the new mode or not make it. It's strange but I somehow get the feeling that with things getting worse around us Mrs. S seems to be gathering in it's troops the better for us all to survive. Just as it should be. Bring it on world, Mrs. S members will be prepared!

Wow. Like Mother, you've been on my heart many times over the years. I tried emailing you...it might have been an old email address.

What a wonderful surprise! It's so awesome to see you here again.

*darlene gathers everyone into the kitchen where some freshly baked cinnamon rolls are about to come out of the oven. Fresh, raw honey sits on the table along with some fresh rolled butter. The pot of coffee is placed in the center and hot water/tea bags are waiting for anyone who would prefer that...she pulls out a chair for mc/conservationist and quickly plops her hiney down...*

*happy sigh*

Mamacat rings a bell..... welcome back! :balloons:

MtRider

DID you NOT read her Post?

she said : For those who don't know me, I'm a Kansan, a survivalist, a gun aficionado... former Marine, and lover of cats who need rescuing.

She said NOTHING about RINGING a BELL! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

What do you know about her that we don't? :laughkick:

I know -frying%20pan.gif - to -:AmishMichaelstraw:

:lol: Yes Micheal....what you said about ringing YOUR bell! :frying pan:

'Course I just laughed at someone else's no-punctuation funny so I suppose I had that coming. :happy0203:

MtRider :rolleyes:

I doubt I'll ever get used to it either, Mother... perhaps one of our admins can reset Mamacat's password for me for the email address attached to it was deleted years ago!

It IS a new world out there, both from preparedness and survival. One of the things I've been doing is learning to prepare for disaster,etc in a rural but TOWN setting; I no longer live on the farm. Its a very different scene. It seems that nearly every day I spot something that is a weakness or issue for being able to hold out. I'm looking forward to sharing some of these items and thoughts, as well as learning from the new community here.

Over the past several years I've worked a lot on more advanced self-defence techniques; I'm just about done all the work I need to certify as a firearms instructor. My primary focus is, of course, women and weapons... what a surprise, eh? I've learned some really practical stuff that even the Marines didn't teach me and some very difficult things that would never have occurred to me without the excellent instructors I've met over the years. I'm also just about to finish up certifying as a NRA "Refuse to be a Victim" instructor.

Wow. Like Mother, you've been on my heart many times over the years. I tried emailing you...it might have been an old email address.

What a wonderful surprise! It's so awesome to see you here again.

*darlene gathers everyone into the kitchen where some freshly baked cinnamon rolls are about to come out of the oven. Fresh, raw honey sits on the table along with some fresh rolled butter. The pot of coffee is placed in the center and hot water/tea bags are waiting for anyone who would prefer that...she pulls out a chair for mc/conservationist and quickly plops her hiney down...*

*happy sigh*

And you ladies would be astounded if you knew how often I have thought of you, but remained silent. *hugs* and thank you for the warm welcome. Still take my coffee strong and black! lol

Ok chica...I merged 'Conservationist' into 'mamacat', so our beloved mamacat is back home.

I've sent you a pm with details. Let me know if you need any help.

Welcome/welcome back from a former Kansan (Kansas by birth, Texan by the grace of God!)--we sound a lot alike on paper, though I was never in the Corps, I did at least marry a former Marine! :americanflag:

Ok chica...I merged 'Conservationist' into 'mamacat', so out beloved mamacat is back home.

I've sent you a pm with details. Let me know if you need any help.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! Hah! I begin to feel like my old self! Thanks Dar! :thumbs:

And tell your spouse Semper Fi, Vic303!

:cele: Yahoo, now Mamacat really IS back. Thanks Darlene! And I see I even missed her on shout last night. :(

Hey, Mamacat, I'm sorry to hear you aren't on the farm any longer but it will be good to read some of your posts on shoring up the defenses in a town setting (hint hint for the urban forum). I have been very much interested in prepping in town just in case DH and I ever end up in tht setting. Actually, we are not all that defensible on our 15 acres, too many trees and places for people to hide close to the house and no way to change that.

It sounds like you've been learning a whole lot lately and it will be nice to have you jump in and post some of it for us to think on. It really is good to have you back.

I have a whole lot to say about the rural/urban environ... but want to catch up on the forums before I start initiating a bunch of posts that have already been covered. Its been fascinating to make the shift, needless to say!

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! YAY!! KEWWWWL!!!!!:bighug2:

I've missed you too and have wondered how you are. I think about you every time I fry mushrooms. LOL :bouquet: Add lime juice...call them *Mamacat Mushrooms*.

You also PM'd me a prayer that has helped me through some hard times with my DS1. That PM was lost in a move, and even if I can't remember it word for word, I certainly remember the sentiment of it and have pulled it from the back of my mind many times. :kissy:

Glad you are back. :) I tend to pop in and out. Wish I could be here more, but life is generally crazy busy. :wacko: I got GOATS! :008Laughing: and married! :eek3:

Boy, it's nice to see those EYES! :hug3:

Archived