MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello From Florida

JustAPrepper

Hello Ladies and Gents. :wave:

I had originally signed up for this site a few years ago but didn't post much because it was a very busy time for us. In the meantime, I switched computers, lost a lot of information and couldn't remember my log in information so I recently signed up for a new account now that things are more manageable.

My husband and I live in Central Florida on the East Coast. We have been preparing for several years now, have achieved our Food Storage goals and have been focusing on gardening for the past year. Because of our poor soil conditions we built Raised Beds and have been working on ammending the soil, determining what plants grow best in our area and learning the ropes in an extremely challenging environment. It's been a bumpy road but gardening has become an addiction for me and before a season even ends I find myself digging through my Baker Creek catalog or my seed stash and looking forward to what I can plant next. :sEm_blush: I'm also a Home Canner and Dehydrate, enjoy experimenting with Food Storage and our Solar Oven. I also enjoy photography and dabble in food staging as well as lots of pictures of the garden.

The garden is empty right now because we just ammended the soil again and are doing some maintenance on the soaker hoses and valves but I have seedlings started and am *impatiently* waiting for September 1st when I can get some things in the dirt!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and becoming an active member this time. :)

(I also noticed that Viggie is here...Waving to Viggie!)

Justa

Hi Justa!!!!!! I'm from West central FL. Not there any more but I have almost as much humidity here in MS as I did in FL. There is lots of food photography information and instructions on thepioneerwoman.com I do some photography still. All for me though!!!!!! You will love this site! Lots of information and friendly people!!!!! Welcome!:bouquet:

Archived