MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Finally Saying My Hellos From South Central Pennsylvania

MammaWolf

Hi everybody, I am so glad to find this forum, I joined several days back, but life has been very hectic and busy for me, so I have not had time to post until now. I am a 40 something mom and grandmother who's passion has forever and always been keeping house and yard and having a small hobby farm that is as self sufficient as possible. I had 5 acres 15 years ago but got very ill and ended up losing it. I have been wanting and praying for another small piece of ground I could start all over again on and my prayers have finally been answered. Next week we will be moving to a small 2/3s of an acre piece that is perfect for a smallish hobby farm but certainly big enough to be mostly self sufficient. We have an old 3 bedroom farmhouse, place for chickens, goats and any other small animals I might want to keep, as well as plenty of room for growing. I have been growing gardens almost every year since I lost my first farm, and doing what I can, but I am really looking forward into turning this place into my dream.

Anyway I am glad to be here, I love that this place is everything that I love and then some, I will probably be quiet for the time being, I have a lot going on finishing up the harvest at this place and then moving next week. My daughter is starting home school next week as well, plus we work at home on the Internet (work never ends no matter what else is going on), so it is going to be a crazy busy week for me.

Anyway I hope to get to know all of you a bit better soon as we get settled in, and I have already benefited from the wealth of knowledge here and I am sure I will continue to do so!!!

Thanks everybody, we are still holding our breath waiting for the previous person to move out. We are hoping by Monday we will be able to start to move in. In the mean time, I am working 12 hours a day plus packing and canning so I may not get to do a bunch of posting, but I am really enjoying reading posts when I have the chance. this place feels so homey to me, since it is so much about everything I love :D

welcome mamawolf! keep us posted as you set things up and develop your place! i close on my new place next week, and it too has many features i have always wanted, though it is more urban than I would have chosen not very long ago. Just the same, it will be fun planning and setting things up for me in an urban homestead and you in a rural one!

Archived