MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Coming out of the closet...

TMC--I just ordered your book. I sounds great and entertaining. It will be here after Christmas so I will have something to kick back and read next week. Then I reread your post--about DH reading your book and learned about the next book being a sequel. Are you telling me there is a cliff hanger? I love them except please don't make me wait a year before the next one is published like a lot of series do.

Congrats on your success. Article in Grit was excellent. My brothers also sold Grit around our little country town, pulling a wagon as they looked for empty coke bottles.

P.S. I am in agreement about your picture. Your are a very attractive author who is making all of us at Mrs. Survival very proud.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww... Y'all are great for my ego! Thank you for all of the encouragement!

As to the cliffhanger...there really isn't one for this story. The story actually ends, but you get to see glimpses of the characters from the first book. I included the first chapter of the second book as a preview of what is to come, though. Some of you might recall that I posted the preview of the second book here in Fireside awhile back.

I went back to find the preview:

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43010

Got email from amazon--won't get book until Jan. 3. Rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I will continue my inventory next week. I have had to use some of my preps which was nice to have on hand. What surprised me is how much we have used since before Thanksgiving. Even my sons were impressed. I will be done by Jan. 3. Then I will be able to relax, enjoy and read.

WOO HOO, TMC!!!!! :D *go girl, go girl, go girl...* :darlenedance:

We are all SO proud of you!!!

You gorgeous thang!!

Congratulations on the official recognition of your writing prowess, and your contribution to Grit. You're such a wonderful writer...I always enjoy reading your posts here on Mrs. S...and it's great to know that you are publishing your skills, both in print and online.

GREAT job! :)

Got my book yesterday from Amazon. I have finished the first five chapters. It is an easy read and Ellie is one independent woman. So far, it is great and am really enjoying it. Will report again after a few more chapters. I will not give out any details but it is also informative. Thanks.

I loved it!!! :darlenedance:

I won't give anything away either but I was glad how it ended.

Also, I really liked how your take on 'would you turn anyone away' (like the thread in the RURR forum) turned out. The church scene. I'm trying hard not to give anything away. But I liked that! And their walkie-talkie 'discussion'....great idea to plan out.

You did a wonderful job!

So congrats on everything! A book, I'm so proud of your work! I've added it to my Amazon basket and when I order some things this week, I'll get it. I love ordering books from folks on MrsS, they're a prized part of my bookshelf. :)

I loved it!!! :darlenedance:

I won't give anything away either but I was glad how it ended.

Also, I really liked how your take on 'would you turn anyone away' (like the thread in the RURR forum) turned out. The church scene. I'm trying hard not to give anything away. But I liked that! And their walkie-talkie 'discussion'....great idea to plan out.

You did a wonderful job!

Forgot to add:

You made me rethink the value of electric tools!

TMC-- Chapter 12 is where I didn't want to put it down. Now, I am on chapter 28. ( I had to have Christmas with brothers and spouses today.) Not much more to go so I am saying to go ahead and hurry on the next book amongest all of the other things you do. The tease on the new book already has me wondering what in the world is going on. Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeepers is right. It is making me rethink some things.

Thank you, ladies!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the story. I wanted to keep it an easy read so that I could lure in a unsuspecting sheeple or two... I've had these characters in my head for such a long time that it was so nice to be able to share them. If any of you are so inclined, I would love it if you could leave a book review on Amazon. It doesn't have to be particularly lengthy...just your perception of the book.

Thanks again for all of the encouragement. It truly means a lot to me.

TMC-- Chapter 12 is where I didn't want to put it down. Now, I am on chapter 28. ( I had to have Christmas with brothers and spouses today.) Not much more to go so I am saying to go ahead and hurry on the next book amongest all of the other things you do. The tease on the new book already has me wondering what in the world is going on. Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeepers is right. It is making me rethink some things.

Thank you so much for posting a review on Amazon, AMarthaByHeart!

Your welcome. It was my pleasure.

I am now in the process of reinventorying everything. I have let some of my stuff expire and run out of some things during the past few months. Your book inspired me to get with it again . It was not all blood and guts, and I could relate to it more. I do realize it will be very bad when the SHTF but do not want dwell on that right now.

Hi! This is my first post on the forum...couldn't resist when I saw the topic. I've added the book to my wish list and sent it on to my FB page so others can take a look. Congrats! Hoping it goes to Kindle but if not, I'm buying it!happy0203.gif

Thanks, kamkelms! Welcome to Mrs. S! I have just gotten word that the book will be ready on Kindle in about 2 weeks. I guess it takes Amazon that length of time to complete the formatting. I appreciate the plug on FB... I'm finding that it really is a good place to network.

• 1 month later...

I've been waiting for the Kindle edition and I've now purchased it. I'm not letting myself start it for awhile as I have too many things piled up that need doing first. Knowing this book is waiting on my Tab is a good incentive to get to busy.

Thanks tmc, I'm looking forward to reading it!