MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Coming out of the closet...

Ohhhh wow. I just got finished reading the book. Couldn't put it down - stayed up until 3 am and then finished it this morning! I've read One Second After, and some others...and I have to tell you, this book calls to me! Maybe it's because it's written from a woman's perspective, maybe because the main character learns her skills in much the same way I do, but this is superb! Just...superb. You have an amazing gift, and I'm going to tell all my friends to read this book, esp those who aren't into prepping, because it isn't "scary". Thank you sooo much! Now, I want the sequel. Tomorrow would be fine. No pressure. happy0203.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh wow. I just got finished reading the book. Couldn't put it down - stayed up until 3 am and then finished it this morning! I've read One Second After, and some others...and I have to tell you, this book calls to me! Maybe it's because it's written from a woman's perspective, maybe because the main character learns her skills in much the same way I do, but this is superb! Just...superb. You have an amazing gift, and I'm going to tell all my friends to read this book, esp those who aren't into prepping, because it isn't "scary". Thank you sooo much! Now, I want the sequel. Tomorrow would be fine. No pressure. happy0203.gif

Thanks, kamkelms! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. Life has been intervening a bit, but I will be back on schedule with the editing tomorrow. (No, the sequel won't be finished tomorrow, but it will be a bit closer to being ready!)

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the Kindle version. Nice! I'm really enjoying it. And so glad to know there will be a sequel as soon as I'm done. :grinning-smiley-044:

Just rachet up the pressure, why dontcha? :grinning-smiley-044: I've been hard at work despite a slight setback this week. Tomorrow will be devoted to more writing if I can just lock hubby out of my office...

Should have cleaned the house last night, but instead sat down and started reading. A little over 5 hours later(and close to 1 a.m.) I finished it. Couldn't put it down. Really enjoyed it. You made the characters so real, and I liked the Christian tone, especially to some very real and very difficult situations. Thank you so much for writing it. Now looking forward to your next book.

Should have cleaned the house last night, but instead sat down and started reading. A little over 5 hours later(and close to 1 a.m.) I finished it. Couldn't put it down. Really enjoyed it. You made the characters so real, and I liked the Christian tone, especially to some very real and very difficult situations. Thank you so much for writing it. Now looking forward to your next book.

I finished it too. Really good story line! I really appreciated how much you developed the characters. Sequel soon?

Thank you all so much! I have been hard at work for the past few days. I'm really trying to get the sequel buttoned up. As much as I am enjoying these characters, I have some more in my head that are screaming to get out!! Looking back, it is funny how scary all of this once seemed. You all have been so encouraging... :sad-smiley-012: This really is the nicest place to hang out on the net and I plan to figure out how I can spend more time here amongst all of you!

Okay...enough of the waterworks and sentimentality! I'll get back to work, now! :pc_coffee:

• 2 months later...

Hey themartianchick...

That new sale of your book last night on Amazon?

That was me! :happy0203:

Finally had a bit of extra $$. Should be here in plenty of time for the Memorial Day holiday, when we'll be in Michigan and I can READ!!! :woohoo: