MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just saying hello from North Mississippi!

kowen1971

Hi and welcome.

I am sort of new also. I did not get a reply on mine, so I am not sure if my message will reach you. I have been slow to understanding how to use this forum. There is a ton of humor with this bunch.

Do you bake your own bread. I have tried one recipe - cowboy style bread - on stove top. I don't have a real stove, but use a electric skillet. It worked well with some wax paper under the dough.

I invested in a electric roaster. Made stuff peppers with deer ground round. It was good. Forgot to add salt. Turned out OK.

Currently, I am researching how to trap and clean and cook small wild game (raccoon, opossum, bird). Not sure if I shoot well enough to take a deer yet. I can handle prairie dogs at 80 and 100 yards no problem (with a .223 cal). Varmints and deer are two different animals. Permits and etc are an issue too. I can't just wake up one day and decide I want to go deer hunting.

My next food purchase for longterm storage is pink salt. So how about you?

Welcome again. I look forward to hearing more about your interests iwth prepping. I have Quilt Guild tonight, so I need to get going. I make a dozen or two quilt tops each year.

Enjoy,TESS

:welcome4: from the MS Gulf Coast! I joined to learn more about canning, but ended up learning so much more. The things you learn here will make you feel less stressed about our uncertain times. I know you will enjoy getting to know everyone too. So...:gathering:

Hi and welcome.

I am sort of new also. I did not get a reply on mine, so I am not sure if my message will reach you. I have been slow to understanding how to use this forum. There is a ton of humor with this bunch.

Do you bake your own bread. I have tried one recipe - cowboy style bread - on stove top. I dont have a real stove, but use a electric skillet.

Enjoy,TESS

Hi Sunflower! You actually did get a lot of responses to your original post. Click on the link below. It does take some getting used to using the forums.

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44888

Hello Kowen and Sunflower. Make yourself at home here and browse the archives at leisure.

Archived