MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Baby woes

CLee

I feel bad posting because so many other have problems worse than ours, but it's been a rough few weeks for us.

Our daughter had her baby on Jan 20. :happy0203: What a blessing and a sweetheart. She was a low birth weight baby (5 lbs, 5 oz), full term, not a preemie, just small. She's had some challenges due to being small and we've been dealing with them.

The past 2-3 weeks we've been dealing with formula intolerences. ugh We've gone through projectile vomiting, poopy diapers that were basically green water and ran out the diapers and had to go straight to the tub and wash everything she was laying/sitting on, you name it. We went from Similac, to Enfamil, to soy and now she seems to have settled down on Nutramigen. Of course she would settle on that, it's expensive. We'll find a way to afford it because we have to since it's all she can handle.

Our daughter is signed up with Enfamil for coupons from them, I called with a question on the Nutramigen and they are sending me coupons as well, we're going to have our friends and family sign up for coupons for us too.

Poor baby was sooooooo fussy and in pain with gas and all. I've been going to bed at 7-8 at night and getting up at midnight to take over with Jamie. Our daughter has been handling the first shift with her and hands her over at midnight and then sleeps when I take over. We both take naps whenever we can during the day giving each other breaks here and there.

On top of that we're handling 4 dogs, all the housework, laundry, etc. Man it takes it out of ya!

We are blessed that otherwise Jamie seems to be a healthy, happy baby now that we are getting things under control with her formula. She's starting to settle down to where she doesn't have to be held all the time due to pain from gas and I might actually start getting the house clean again.

Which really needs to happen soon here since our son is getting married Easter Sunday and we are being invaded by family for the wedding. All I know is I better have some sleep by then or I can't be held responsible for things I say to my in-laws. :whistling:

Okay, I'm done whining. It's past my bedtime and I need to get off to bed or I'll never stay awake in the morning with Jamie.

Carrie Lee

Poor little angel! Remember this too shall pass. :pray:

I used to try and remind myself that mine wouldn't go to high school...

Sucking his thumb

Crying for a bottle NOW

Wearing diapers

Riding my hip

Wetting the bed

Blowing food back in my face

Etc. Etc. Etc.

:hug3:

Unfortunately being military, they don't give samples in the clinics.

Forgive my stupidity, but what is gripe water? Might be willing to give that a try if it will help!

Having a fussy night tonight. Sure will be nice to get here settled down for good with a formula and to have her be "normal" again.

my sister daughter used gripwater its for Gas also look on line on ebay i use to get my kids formuls from there 5 years ago that is just becareful and make sure they tell you the date it exp. I use to get the kids formula cheap that way or if you can go to a comesary (not spelled right) for the military they are cheaper on formula there. Pray everything works out .

I had a Nutramigen baby, back when the stuff came premixed only. A day's worth cost $17, which was three hours' gross pay.

The babies do grow, though. :bighug2:

Our commissary here doesn't carry the Nutramigen and we're talking with them to see if they can get it in for us. Even if we had to buy a case at a time for them to special order it every 2 weeks or once a month, however often she goes through it.

She's finally starting to put on some weight which is a big help. She has had such a hard time regulating her body temp and still does, but we can see some progress there. We're hoping that will also get a little better as the weather warms too.

I just never thought I'd be going through the sleep deprivation for my grandchild same as I did for my kids! LOL Oh well, it will make for some good stories when she gets older.

The past 2-3 weeks we've been dealing with formula intolerences. ugh We've gone through projectile vomiting, poopy diapers that were basically green water and ran out the diapers and had to go straight to the tub and wash everything she was laying/sitting on, you name it. We went from Similac, to Enfamil, to soy and now she seems to have settled down on Nutramigen. Of course she would settle on that, it's expensive. We'll find a way to afford it because we have to since it's all she can handle.

Does your daughter have health insurance? They might cover some of the cost of the formula if the baby has to be on a special kind.

Another idea is if you get it thru amazon.com's subscribe and save, you can save 5%. (It doesn't sound like a lot, but every bit helps.)

http://www.amazon.com/Enfamil-Nutramigen-Enflora-Infants-12-6-Ounce/dp/B0026RHUPI

• 2 weeks later...

Archived