MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gardengabber

Companion Planting

I (personally) am not a fan of using pesticides. As former chemist of 20 yrs I am familiar with what goes into those pesticides and the potential side affects. Having said that I try to garden naturally as possible using beneficial insects and recently implementing companion planting. It is a lot of information! Anyone here use companion planting? Have a good method/ chart for keeping track? Or recommend websites/ books? I would even like to hear about old wives tales, haha. Feeling a little overwhelmed.

Thanks

GG

I have been planting that way for YEARS!

I also use 'natural' fertilizers like (ground up)egg shells for calcium, dog biscuits for bone meal, matches for sulfur, etc. that I 'plant' along with each type of vegetable.

You can also plant flowers in with vegetables to help - like marigolds and bee balm.

Good luck with the garden this year - it is so much fun planting this way as you watch things grow.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Since we're all preppers, natural methods that can be sustained long after the chemical methods are unavailable..... YES! This is a skill set that prepper gardeners NEED!

MtRider [...matched for sulfer and DOG BISCUITS for bone meal????? That's a new one on me! :blink: Ahem....don't tell my dog! ]

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.