MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsSurvival's 2012 Fall Gathering

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, Momo! That would be so wonderful if y'all could come!!!!!!! It's been a rough day and I just got online and read this thread and was thrilled to see you'll be coming. :) P.S. I'm taking your 'maybe' as a "YES!!!!"

lolol

Ma and Pa Steele, what a special surprise to see that you'll be coming too!!!!! I can't wait to finally meet you in person! You've been a member here for many, many years and are very special to so many of us.

Mac, you tell mama that we're expecting her to show up! She is absolutely precious and I would love to see her again. This time you have to stay longer!

Darlene, you know I don't have an accent! Why are you misleading these poor folks. :wink (2):

Dear Lord,

Please open our dear Stephanie's blind eyes that she might see the extremely souuuuuuuuuuuuuthern accent she is blessed with...

lolol

((((stephanie))))

Stephanie, on 20 July 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

Darlene, you know I don't have an accent! Why are you misleading these poor folks.

Dear Lord,

Please open our dear Stephanie's blind eyes that she might see the extremely souuuuuuuuuuuuuthern accent she is blessed with...

lolol

((((stephanie))))

...um, ....gotta vote with Darlene on this one.

MtRider :whistling:

Edited by Mt_Rider

If anybody from around here wants to take DD and meself along, I'll be more than happy to help with expenses. Looks like I'll have the does all dried off by then and if so, my neighbors can keep an eye on things and feed the crowd for me. I live in Milam county, Texas. Unfortunately I do not drive and don't do planes either.

Stephanie - I've seen the youtube video. You have a deep southern accent this is coming from the girl whose friends in Indianapolis would tease for having a heavy Chicago accent (especially the word traffic). Your southern accent is charming and lovely!

Darlene, you know I don't have an accent! Why are you misleading these poor folks. wink (2).gif

Dear Lord,

lolol

((((stephanie))))

It is funny but I have always "heard" Stephanie's posts in a heavy Southern drawl in my head. Since I've never met her in person, I don't know why that is... :blink:

Well, I just did a head count of those that plan to be here and so far we have about 23 people coming. The more the merrier!

I just saw that Christy said she is going to try to come...how special would that be!!!!

lol@cga. Yeah, or Georgia or TN or AL.

You know how us southerners are. We have our own way of doing things. lolol

Head count just went up to 26! wooooooooooohoooooooooooo!

Wow! This promises to be the gathering of ALL GATHERINGS!!

And it will be here before you know it!

I'll plan to bring supplies for basic crochet and a new technique, Tunesian. I'll bring what's needed for rag rugs too and also some knitting needles for any interested. Plus, some raw wool and carders and my drop spindle. So, we will definitely have opportunity for some back to the basics Fiber Arts. I'm no expert but can definitely get you started if you are interested.

I've got my Dutch oven too - so we can do another dump cake in the camp fire coals!! Josiah will want to bring his guitar if it will fit. Will MrMomM be bringing the Irish drum again?

Awesome lovinit!!!!! There are plenty of men that will be here. MomM's hubby is coming, my oldest son, Gunplumber and wormguy will be here and I'm sure my wacky neighbor that moved here from New York will be here too. He's an absolute hoot! One lady is bringing her dad along so that will be awesome too. Tell your hubby not to worry...I'm sure there will be times when you won't see him much because he'll be glued to the shooting table lol.

Gunplumber, I think it goes without saying that you will be innundated with newbies, out of practice-ers and up to date'ers lol. Everyone loves the shooting part of our get together and you certainly have a gift of teaching and explaining that is very helpful to everyone.

Whoda thunk that a brat like you could have such a special gift with teaching? lolol

*darlene ducks*

:)

May seem kinda boring, but, I truly want to learn more about cleaning and proper storage on the firearms. I read so many conflicting reports of the 'right' way to do it.

We always enjoy target practice! I'm shopping for some 7.69x51 ammo. If I can locate it I'd like to try the Izzy (Ishapore?) my sister gave me. I haven't even shot it yet. I'll help with whatever needs to be brought.

The proper grip and stance and etc. I really want some refreshers on the basics! Thanks Mark!