MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsSurvival's 2012 Fall Gathering

(((((Alexis))))) and prayers for you and your DM. Was really looking forward to seeing you both again. :grouphug:

Thanks Mom M

She's having a really rough day; Medicare has terminated her physical therapy and she'll really miss the women who came 2x a week. My DS (right now, the 'D' does NOT stand for 'dear'...:baseballbat: ) hasn't called her in months (not even last month on her 91st birthday) and DH told me she'd spent 30 minutes this afternoon crying herself sick. She wasn't hungry at all (down to 88 lbs @ 4'10" and shrinking) but then thought a chili dog sounded good. Made her one, she enjoyed it and it seems to have made her queasy.

She really wants to come as do I. :grouphug:

Edited by The MacKinnon
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still planning on coming. Just me this time, T can't make it :sad-smiley-012:

Been sorting this out this week, but, looking like my kiddos won't make it either. :shakinghead:

But, I'm still planning on coming. Granny! My friend!! It will be so good to see you again! :bouquet:

And MomM and MtRider and Wormie and Darlene and Lisa and and and and...... :grouphug:

Alexis, so sorry about your Mom's failing health. She is so precious. :pray:

I am sorry to say that after reviewing expenses that have come up and with the car not fit to make the trip, I will not be able to come. I tried to figure out a way to make the money work, but I just can't get a plane or bus ticket right now. I will have to catch all of you next time. I really was hoping to go this year, but I just can't see the way to make it work after what I had to spend out this past week. I blew my extra money on car repairs and just plain life. ( Things like rent and electric and other neccessities of life.) I hope to be able to put up money for it by next time. The sad thing is that I have money in a Christmas fund at work, but can't access it until November. That would have made the trip possible. I will miss meeting all of you face to face. I hope you all have fun.

Awww...Deb and Ao5! :(:(:(

But your reasoning is sound, Deb. I'd worry if you tried to make in with a car that's been giving you trouble! What's with these vehicles? Ao5 with vehicle trouble too? :yar:

And Stephanie's kiddos????? [...or rather, her young people. Your oldest two must be young men by now. ] But I will miss seeing them and meeting your girls and ...another son too? :(

Wow....what IS our count by now then? :wacko: It keeps changing....and getting smaller. :sigh:

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Edited by Mt_Rider

For those wishing to enhance their skills with firearms.

There should be available for instruction,

AK-47 rifle in 7.62x39mm

AK-74 rifle in 5.45x39mm

Glock 17 pistol in 9x19mm

Ruger 10/22 rifle in .22 LR

Ruger Mk II in .22 LR

Another .22 Handgun (Sig?)

a .45 ACP handgun.

a .38 SPCL / 357 Magnum revolver.

I have arranged for enough ammunition to be available for everyone to have a taste, and in .22 LR, to more or less shoot until you are bored with it. .22 LR is relatively cheap at 4-1/2 cents a round. You aren't going to wear the guns out, but the other calibers do cost real money and there is only so much that Darlene and I can donate. I'm flying so could only ship around 1000 rounds of .22 and 500 rounds of mixed calibers.

So if you are driving and wish to bring ammunition in any of the calibers listed above, or a firearm and ammo in whatever caliber, I expect to be able to provide beginner, intermediate, and advanced training in rifle and pistol markmanship. I don't know the first thing about beekeeping or canning or what makes a chicken happily lay eggs, but combat shooting and firearms technical, is what I do for a living.

Edited by Gunplumber

My wheelchair wheels are pumped up [and hoping they stay up - it's getting old]. My suitcase is packed except for last minute items. I worked on that this weekend and my challenge was to fit EVERYTHING in one small carry-on. :blink:

Still have to SEARCH out thru my 'purse' and make sure I remove the knives. I've got small pocket knives and tiny SAK's in every zipped compartment. :busted:

Got some snacks for the plane. Will bring PB&J sandwich...cuz they are edible even if squished. Carrying my water bottle with filter. Filter packed in suitcase and I'll fill water bottle from drinking fountain after passing security. Blech...city water. [mebbe I should filter it? ]But better than waiting til the soda cart comes around half way to the destination.

Got my liquid/gel stuff in my ONE QUART ziplock.

..... <_< Ya know, it's a pain to fly but...better than hitchhiking! :shrug:

MtRider [... :wave: see y'all sooooon! ]

Edited by Mt_Rider

I'll be gathering and contributing as well! We are very excited and thankful for this opportunity. You'll have two very eager students/helpers coming from Alabama. Thank you for sharing your time and skills and supplies!!

For those wishing to enhance their skills with firearms.

There should be available for instruction,

AK-47 rifle in 7.62x39mm

AK-74 rifle in 5.45x39mm

Glock 17 pistol in 9x19mm

Ruger 10/22 rifle in .22 LR

Ruger Mk II in .22 LR

Another .22 Handgun (Sig?)

a .45 ACP handgun.

a .38 SPCL / 357 Magnum revolver.

I have arranged for enough ammunition to be available for everyone to have a taste, and in .22 LR, to more or less shoot until you are bored with it. .22 LR is relatively cheap at 4-1/2 cents a round. You aren't going to wear the guns out, but the other calibers do cost real money and there is only so much that Darlene and I can donate. I'm flying so could only ship around 1000 rounds of .22 and 500 rounds of mixed calibers.

So if you are driving and wish to bring ammunition in any of the calibers listed above, or a firearm and ammo in whatever caliber, I expect to be able to provide beginner, intermediate, and advanced training in rifle and pistol markmanship. I don't know the first thing about beekeeping or canning or what makes a chicken happily lay eggs, but combat shooting and firearms technical, is what I do for a living.

Just perusing my calendar. I've got meetings and classes and appointments and all manner of responsibilities happening until Thursday evening. Then I pack physically what I've been packing mentally for weeks!! Jesse and I will be leaving out early Friday morning!

Here are some of the things I plan to bring.

Raw wool to be processed. Washed, sun dried, carded (bringing hand carders), and eventually spun on my drop spindle. We will also have a look at the spinning wheel.

I will gladly demonstrate and get anyone interested, started in such things as basic crochet, basic knitting, Tunisian crochet, old fashioned Broomstick lace. I'll have a pattern for VERY simple baby booties, fingerless gloves, dishcloths, etc... Oh, yes, and rag rugs if you care to. Probably also the netting scrubbies as well. *note to self - don't forget Madi's Tunisian hook!

I'll have my Dutch oven and all the ingredients to make Cherry Dump Cake in the coals of the campfire. Yummy!

I'll bring what I can to contribute to GP's list for the practice and instruction. I definitely have a .22 rifle and handgun (I call it my John Wayne) :) so excited about this opportunity.

Anyone ever heard of Conecuh sausage? I'll be bringing that for a tasty treat!

A HUGE thank you to Darlene and family for so graciously opening their home to us. Darlene truly is the Hostess with the Mostest!!

Oh I know that envious feeling well..........BUT THIS YEAR I GET TO GO! WWHHEEEE! I'm just sorry we can't take anything useful with us on the plane. When we get our bearings in Atlanta we'll rent a car and come along, hopefully, on Thursday afternoon. We are going to be sheeple on this flight..... so much not allowed. Stephanie, I have mentaly packed our bags, every day for the past month, but in reality, I still don't have it to my satisfaction. Does the filter to the Kadatyn have to go in the suitcase or can it come in the carry on?

If it has a pump-like action: checked baggage. Can't have ANYthing that resembles something dangerous. If it might be mistaken for a weapon of some sort - don't take the chance. It doesn't have to be a weapon to be rejected. It doesn't have to be a weapon to start a panic a gazillion feet up in the air.

[DH had a medical tool that looked like a cordless drill, actually. The burn was that it passed thru our initial airport as carry-on [cuz it was so expensive but our DD1 needed some treatment] But it was held up in LAX. :banghead: I talked to the head security guy of LAX and convinced him to let it thu...cuz we could not catch up with our checked bag. This was, however, PRE-Sept2011. Wouldn't work now, for sure.

My filter is just a sleeve type thing for a water bottle. Good for many fills. So I'm ok in carry-on.

Lovinit, you know about our liquid, gel, toothpaste rules right? Applies to carry-on. Nothing over 3-point something oz. and everything in a qt sized ziplock.

Wish we had Star Trek transporter pads so we could just zap the rest of you to GA for a couple hours at least! :gathering:

MtRider [...what with keeping track of wheelchair, cane, suitcase, purse, ticket, layers of jackets (cuz it will be 20 degrees when we leave the house); tipping wheelchair assistance people; getting to restroom multiple times; eating protein at the wee hours of the morning; ...oye, I hate airport issues. :rolleyes: Be glad when I'm sitting in my seat! ]

Edited by Mt_Rider

Hey guys, I,m using MomM,s tablet for this since Darlene,s computer kicked me out shakinghead.gif I will have lots of pictures to share but not until I get back home Sunday. Gotta go feed the puppies and help put down more gravel.

wormie2.gif John