MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsSurvival's 2012 Fall Gathering

I am so glad it is going to be a big gathering. I think you will all be able to share knowledge and share the community as it is. If things improve financially for me next year , maybe I can make it then if things hold together as per the usual these days. If they don't its great to review the firearms with Gunplumber's proficient guidance. If you have them, it's better to know all that. I sure would need a review. It's been too many years. Things have also changed some and I know that's a short coming.

Blessings on this Gathering!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FWIW, it is 7.62x51mm NATO. Which is just the NATO designation for .308 Winchester. You'll find .308 Winchester at most WalMarts.

Ishapore IIA is a nice rifle. Indian version of an Enfield #1Mk III, but in .308 instead of .303 British.

Yes to all the ideas: sealing Mylar bags, using a loom, cooking, baking, shooting, etc., etc., etc.

Mark will bring his guitar and Irish drum. If anyone wants to quilt, I can show the basics.

This is such a great time! Can't wait to see old friends and meet online friends face to face.

I believe the basic ingredients for bread and ale are the same. You can even malt some of the wheat if you lack molasses. I have about 100 yr supply of molasses though. What can I say? It was a good price shipped and I got a little crazy. LOL I love molasses candy and molasses cookies too.

FWIW, it is 7.62x51mm NATO. Which is just the NATO designation for .308 Winchester. You'll find .308 Winchester at most WalMarts.

Ishapore IIA is a nice rifle. Indian version of an Enfield #1Mk III, but in .308 instead of .303 British.

Thanks! I will look for some .308 Winchester! I like my Mosin Nagant and think I will like this one.

MtRider steps up to the list and signs her name......

.....well, really....Darlene made me do it. :cheeky-smiley-067: VERRRY sneaky, that one. :hug3:

Gotta come up with airfare now. Sounds like such a great time with everyone again. [Can I skip the cracked ribs part this year? :wacko: That hurts to even *think* about it! ]

MtRider :pc_coffee:

• 2 weeks later...

:band: I'm booked! One ticket going to Atlanta and......

on the return flight, me AND A FURRY FRIEND heading back. :happy0203::bounce:

I'm bringing a pup from Darlene's latest litter back home with me....to be next in my long line of doggie friends/companions after my recently departed BigDog.

Now I'm really getting excited. Started my LIST. [of COURSE I have a list or I'll forget things!] To save money I'll be trying to get by with merely carry-on luggage. :0327: [i pack like I type posts.... include lots and lots. :lol: ] Also, one suitcase will be less to keep track of when I'll have a checked doggie crate coming back. Pup will be just old enough to leave her mamma in Oct. (nice timing, huh?) and it's a good season to fly with an animal in cargo. Not too cold or too hot.

Somehow, it makes it all more real than it was yesterday. :cele: Can't wait to see you all and learn some new skills together. :lois::cook: :knit: etc. [what happened to the 'Knitting' smilie? ]

MtRider [...I say! Why are there no smilies featuring a cute dog? Cuz y'all KNOW you're going to be hearing about the lil' one in my future posts! ]

Edited by Mt_Rider

Will I still get to carry you around?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies and Gentleman, chivalry is not dead.

Ask Mt Rider...she's living proof of it.

lolol

:band: I'm booked! One ticket going to Atlanta and......

on the return flight, me AND A FURRY FRIEND heading back. :happy0203::bounce:

I'm bringing a pup from Darlene's latest litter back home with me....to be next in my long line of doggie friends/companions after my recently departed BigDog.

Now I'm really getting excited. Started my LIST. [of COURSE I have a list or I'll forget things!] To save money I'll be trying to get by with merely carry-on luggage. :0327: [i pack like I type posts.... include lots and lots. :lol: ] Also, one suitcase will be less to keep track of when I'll have a checked doggie crate coming back. Pup will be just old enough to leave her mamma in Oct. (nice timing, huh?) and it's a good season to fly with an animal in cargo. Not too cold or too hot.

Somehow, it makes it all more real than it was yesterday. :cele: Can't wait to see you all and learn some new skills together. :lois::cook: :knit: etc. [what happened to the 'Knitting' smilie? ]

MtRider [...I say! Why are there no smilies featuring a cute dog? Cuz y'all KNOW you're going to be hearing about the lil' one in my future posts! ]

Yay! Mt.Rider is getting a BigPuppy! :) lol

I want to come so bad, I think it would be so fun to meet everyone. I'm running out of vacation days though :(

Will I still get to carry you around?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies and Gentleman, chivalry is not dead.

Ask Mt Rider...she's living proof of it.

lolol

:grinning-smiley-044:

So what happens when your legs COMPLETELY give out [MS...I just got wiped out with all the activities of the gathering :0327: ] ....and your assigned bed space for this huge slumber party is a bed so high that you feel like Jack [who climbed the bean stock]. I could use my wheelchair [always brought along for this type of thing] to get around but .... HOW am I gonna get WAAAY UP ON THAT BED? :blink: [where's a Hoyer Lift when you need one? Bosun's chair? ]

Well, I thot I could just crawl into the closet with a blankie.... :lol:

OK...so between a couple of helpful....and strong... folks, I got flown up onto that giant's bed. [i think they were trying to revive the term 'dwarf tossing' - tho I'm not quite that short!] Even landed safely. :thumbs: It was more comfortable than sleeping in the closet.... and actually, Madison had already claimed that bit of floor space! :P

Next day I had to ride Darlene's horse to get my leg functioning to fully restore....but that's ANOTHER story! :rolleyes:

Miki....you WILL keep your promise! :bouquet:

Should we warn first-time people to bring work clothes...and boots? Never know when volunteers might be needed to repair the pig fence (might have been pig-catching going on too!), or put on a new door, or restore kitchen items to their rightful places...... :whistling:

GP....are we going to get my new pup used to all the racket so she'll not be shy of *bang*? Do they make ear protection for hunting dogs?

MtRider [....See! It's starting already!!!! :008Laughing: ]

Edited by Mt_Rider

:tapfoot: Never mind, Madison. You just keep that pic to yourself! :rolleyes:

....cuz I'll be there in person again in a few weeks! Might be that closet door could get wedged shut or some other strange things happen. :laughkick:

MtRider [...take good care of those puppies! :wub: ]

Mt. Rider, of course I will keep my promise!!!! I would love to come but my finances aren't what they were when I was working in AZ. DH and I did a lot of talking but I don't see it happening. I was really wanting to help with the cheesemaking since I have been doing that here at the dairy. fI hope you all have the best time!!!!!! And know I will really miss seeing you all again and meeting Ma Steel, CGA and youngun and the other newcomers!!!!!!! Bet no one will miss my camera though!!!!!!LOL