MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Almost 4 years

I just realized that I've been reading here (quietly) and prepping for almost 4 years. Stock market 08 -didn't have anything in it, just watched with curiosity. I never stepped out and said, "Hi." Always intended to, but instead just soaked it all in. So anyways, Hello!

Well, it's about time!!! welcomeflowrs.gif

kittyhug3.gif

It still kind of surprises me when we have a lurker pop up and tell us they've been watching and learning for years. Sometimes we're having so much fun goofing around that I wonder how anyone can resist joining in! teehee.gif

Maybe you've reached the point where you want to share, too. yes.gif

Whatever the reason, you already know us. I'm wondering whether to set you up on the Sunporch in a comfy chair with an icy tea drink, or send you out to clean up in the Kitchen!!! :tapfoot:

:shrug:

:24: :24: :24:

:hug3: Welcome, homeschoolshe!

Lol Cat, and thanks Jeepers! Actually I usually wind up doing clean up! Just tell me where to put everything!

Definately didn't mean to startle anyone!

I used to chime in all the time in forums, get excited and then it would wear off in a couple months and I'd disappear never to be seen again! Since I keep ending up back here after all this time, I can assume it's not just a fad!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I've already laughed with you all, and cried, and prayed, guess it's time I made myself known!

Yes 2008 was a big deal. A lot of people realized that we are very venerable. On the other hand, there are still a lot of people still walking around with their head in the clouds. (my s-i-l) I've always been frugal out of necessity, so we were already part way there. Pretty sure we'll never "arrive" though. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. :bathbaby:

Kindle! Love it, but I'm definately not a techy.

Midwest.....well they might have to give us a new name if it doesn't rain soon.

Aw, Annarchy, many hands make light work!

Have a great day everyone!

glad you came out and said 'hey'. We are ok. If you have been watching us this long you know we usually don't bite, or too hard.

There is soooo much information here gathered over the years and somebody always has an answer to something if its a new concept or you need a refresher course. Some of us are such characters, me being one for sure, lol.... but this place has been a real life line for me in so many ways. I am so grateful.

I keep learning something new just about every day or can review something and try to come up with stuff in my own spirited way. Each of us is in different circumstances. For us to figure out how to adapt and be innovative, well , we all show examples in various circumstances and I can see how prepping reasonably is a big help to so many of us and we observe others who suddenly face things, like that derecho weather or flooding or fire and we all learn different little things we can apply and my my the recipes and food storage ideas and other stuff, its great and I would say most of its simply wisdom and common sense and learning skills that really were put aside.

I come from two generations that although they could stretch a dollar had left the farm life if their parents were farmers, or longer generations that were more city folks for whatever reasons, so I learn alot, although Ive been interested in modern homesteading all of my adult life. I see practical applications done here and appreciate the information the serious farmers and ranchers also put out, like about the corn crop or the beef industry with last years droughts, and this year that stuff is continuing, although I am glad to see the rain cycles starting to improve slightly this week.

I had to hold my toungue with the landlady yesterday. I think the guy doing the ceiling plaster work and fixed the toilet, well half way and has to come back and replace the whole kitchen sink fixture all because today they make a lousy connector pipe and fittings for the rinser thingy that has a now constant link and will pull loose if I run the taps more than a third of force ( pain in the kazoo and now as its older has caused a steady drip too)... but she sailed right in. I have a feeling shes sweet on the guy.... she even offered me a cooky cause she bought some for him...... but then pulled one of her crabby themes with me. I wanted to pull my short summer hair cut out at that point but just didn't say much in reply but was fuming.... just trying to manage medical and food just now . One of those Leave me alone moods again.....

Got some information and will pray I start actually getting my VA disability soon. It would surely help....... help me catch up and if its a higher percentage and Ive been told I rank 100%.... just saw the 2011 amounts. Boy, that would make things so much easier and I could MOVE to a better place and have a vehicle affordably. Move and then build a proper desk for myself and my laptop and printer. ETC. Right now I am making do.

...... and if things really fell apart in our nation, I am out the door anyhow...so I am doing what is priority as my health needs improving or nothing else is going to matter these days!

Also just got over a phone appt with a nurse I needed to talk to and got some other help that I can do on the computer which should smooth more stuff out and make that aspect easier for me routine wise. She's really nice and definitely understood my complaints were valid for the last year or so. Hopefully she can help get those things in better shape, because I know I'm not the only vet affected by it of course.

So now I am puttering with stuff..... trying to settle it better, as was the plan anyway. Regular theme around here. Every little bit helps and also need to go clear up some paperwork ..... one might be done by a phone call, the other is doing the paper work and walking it up the hill to the correct office and that straightens out two vital things and gets it on track.... so I have things to do.

Very glad you spoke up she. Take care and if you do have any questions and need answers there is always someone that can help you find out something or what you need.

Hugs, Arby. I'll be praying for you. And yes, health is top priority. So much of surviving takes WORK! I have days when my back cramps up and I just can't accomplish anything, but my brain works. Those are days to pray and learn, rest, and make phone calls and lists, etc. Sounds like you've had a lot of down days.

If people could really see the world through someone elses eyes instead of jumping to conclusions. It's a good reminder to me when other people act that way, that I always have to leave things to the Lord because I can make lots of judgment calls, but at the end of the day I just don't know.

Good luck with the paperwork. Sometimes those things can seem to take eons to hear a response on. I'm praying yours will go quickly. No matter the outcome, the waiting is the worst!

If people could really see the world through someone elses eyes instead of jumping to conclusions. It's a good reminder to me when other people act that way, that I always have to leave things to the Lord because I can make lots of judgment calls, but at the end of the day I just don't know.

SNIP:

Boy isn't that the truth! You never know what is going on in someone elses life behind closed doors. Sickness, death, jobs, spouses, divorces, kids, relatives, car trouble, medical bills...