MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Weather STILL not good for around here!

TMC, Are hysterical, am hysterical, get hysterical,,, Yep, all that could fit me. LOL.

Annarchy, I like your version of the rain dance better than mine. I can't show you mine, I can't find an emoticon of a fat lady in an electric wheel chair with feathers stuck in her hair doing 'wheelies' in the drive..... BUT, Cat, you and Jori have to admit IT WORKED!!!!!! :woohoo::cheer::curtsey::laughkick:

(Maybe if I could have kept it up more than two minutes the rain might have lasted longer :sHa_sarcasticlol::cheeky-smiley-067: )

Seriously, we didn't get a lot of rain but every little bit helps. If we don't get some decent rain this next couple of weeks on drought stricken areas were all going to suffer much higher prices than they already are. Our weather report calls for mid to upper nineties for the next two weeks with only a few slight chances of rain and that hit or miss.

Annarchy, I thought the earth always WAS tilted, is it more so now?

:bighug2:

Well now,

--- Gross said the changes in Earth's rotation and figure axis caused by earthquakes should not have any impacts on our daily lives. "These changes in Earth's rotation are perfectly natural and happen all the time," he said. "People shouldn't worry about them." ---

They tell us the earth's wobbling a bit but at the end say "Nothing to see here, move along as usual". But of course, they don't have enough data to KNOW if anything is being affected. I do wonder though, for people with chronic dizziness like myself, if we can actually feel that wobble. I always did say I was one of the few people who can feel the earth move under their feet. I've also said that I'd like the earth to stop so I can get off but maybe that's not such a good idea. Better it wobble than stop I guess.

Like you, Annarchy, I wonder if it was enough to change the weather patterns. Another possibility is perhaps the number of volcano erruptions spewing ash into the atmosphere. They know that has had a weather effect for years after, historically. Then there is the astroids coming so near the earth and, of course, the end of the Mayan Calendar theory. They, whoever 'they' are, have of course ruled out the overpopulation theory I believe. It's strange that for a long time we heard vehement protests against there being any global warming and yet now that's all you hear from the mainstream media.

The weather IS nasty out there and almost all over the U.S. It's nice to see some of the old posts being bumped up so we can re-learn how to cope with it.

:bighug2:

Wooo-hooo! Love all the rain dances. We finally got some too. It wasn't much and didn't last very long but beggars can't be choosers.

Also, the earth moved when that huge earth quake/tsunami hit India in, I think, 2004. So, there has been quite a lot of movement going on just in the last decade. As Al Gore said, "The arth has a faver." My Algore impersonation was lost in the translation.

Interesting tid-bit. While traveling yesterday through parts of NM, we hit rain and many of the fields are planted with corn and it looks great! We even noticed that some of the fields were planted later and that corn is about knee high. We commented that they may be growing it to compensate for the losses elsewhere. Usually those fields are full of cotton this time of year.

They called for rain tonight but here I sit Dry as a bone?

Had a nice 'day trip' today visiting different Amish Shops in area (120 miles).

Everywhere we went they were talking about how dry it is and IF we don't get long rain soon.......................

:AmishMichaelstraw:

I went outside at 5pm yesterday to trim back the only vegetation that continues to grow despite the drought...Trumpet Vine! Anyway, I could feel the ocassional sprinkle on my arms as I worked. I worked quickly because I didn't want to be caught out in the rain. 15 minutes later I was done and so was the sprinkling. I don't think that I felt more than one sprinkle per 30 seconds.

yes, I was wondering when I saw the only light-medium green radar going over your area, TMC and AH. Unless it is yellow or orange, darker radar colors, one usually cannot trust it will rain at all significantly. Alot of it just doesn't reach the ground from the lighter green colors which was the majority in that area.

Since I was up at 4am anyway did get to see some Thunder Bloomers, and then rain started in a little bit. Then another Thunder Boomer and it stopped!

So I guess they called for rain today and THAT was IT? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

There are small puddles on the road but nothing that big.

Grass is still so brown and dead we can hear it crunch as we walk on it.

I think weather.com is just putting up pictures of rain to keep our hopes up that this dry weather may end. But seeing every day they post rain and we don't get it maybe they are just rolling dice to post weather each day?

Was at a picnic on Sunday and someone stated that Weathermen are the only people they know that can get things wrong EVERYDAY at work and STILL have a job. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I think weather.com is just putting up pictures of rain to keep our hopes up that this dry weather may end. But seeing every day they post rain and we don't get it maybe they are just rolling dice to post weather each day?

Was at a picnic on Sunday and someone stated that Weathermen are the only people they know that can get things wrong EVERYDAY at work and STILL have a job. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I think I should subscribe to your theories, Michael! They make more sense than most of the other things that I've heard, lately! Still no rain here. It was cloudy for awhile, but nothing ever came of it. Sunny skies are practically blinding me and the temperature is 88 degrees.

I just talked to a cousin who farms in southern Indiana. She said her DH checked an ear of sweet corn and it only had 2-3 kernels of corn on it. She said the field corn looks just as bad and all dried up looking. She did day their soy beans looked pretty good though.