MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

TUESDAY...lots and lots and lots of rain, but do we need it. However, our little back yard is a virtual puddle, and you should see our Abby-girl tip toeing around! LOL She doesn't like wading through her "dirty area" ... and her human daddy usually goes on "terd patrol" to keep it clean, but some of it slipped by with all this rain.

Read a hilarious article on

http://www.shtfplan.com/

on how a government buyback in Seattle turned into a gun show when gun lovers showed up with cash in hand and signs offering to buy the firearms...LOL Now THAT'S putting your money where your mouth is! Fixed a chicken/veggie casserole for din-din and as usual, made enough for another meal...supper tomorrow night will be pretty much effortless.

With the temps being so high lately, we found ourselves a bit "warm" trying to sleep last night so it was covers off and ceiling fan on (it's over our bed) and the livingroom's ceiling fan is on also. Miss Abby-girl has chosen to sleep in front of the front door instead of either of her beds...guess she's a bit warm too. Just was not going to kick the a/c on...we know it's going to turn back to winter before long.

Wow what a day woke up to thunder round 6 had been raining for a while but that's when I woke up to run outside and close the back van vents so I wouldn't have to suck water out of the van, then for lunch I cooked what hubby calls cardboard pizza but this time I bought digirno brand bc had a coupon and I didn't realize it had cardboard under it til I took a bite of my real cardboard pizza in my defense I opened up the other 2 boxes in the freezer and one is just in plastic and the other on carboard really people make up your mind lol. Went to get the kids from school and 3 days a week they have a tutoring class well son forgot what day it was and went out the wrong door but what got me the teacher said he went out the front regular door which he did not so for 10 min daughter is looking for him then I start to go frantic in the ugly cry scream outside with flip flops on with no jacket I hadn't planned on getn out of car and forgot my cell on desk at home so I couldn't call hubby we found him on the other side of the school after 20 mins had passed starting to walk home crying bc he went out the wrong door and didn't see me thought I had left him ,man I didn't know weather to hug him or scream, took many hours for my anxiety to calm down. If the vet can put a chip in our pets why cant we do it to our kids lol they can remove it when their an adult if they wish lol sure would make me feel better. sorry to be such a downer hope everyone else had a great day!

WEDNESDAY...Fishermanwife sounds you got an ugly scare. Once my Mom & I took my first/late husband who was a brain tumor survivor for 26 years, to a popular visitor area. Somehow or another he got away from us and wandered off. Talk about frantic! Had everybody looking for him. Did he walk the paths where all the others were going? No, he took the one that nobody ever walked, just maintenance vehicles. Thank God a man and his two boys found him and helped him get back. He was exhausted. So yes, it will frighten the wits out of you and I don't think you every forget that kind of fear. Also sounds familiar about the pizza...fixed one awhile back and Mtn.Man couldn't get the pizza cutter to cut it. Come to find out, the cardboard was on the bottom... :Blushing:

Just finished vacume sealing a couple boxes of soda crackers, HI-Ho crackers, and Cheeze-Its to keep them fresh for longer. Had white chili for lunch. Will have the leftover chicken veggie casserole from last night. Put it into glass baking dish & covered with clear wrap so I can heat it up in one of the ovens instead of the microwave...don't want the topping etc. to get mushy.

Abby did a "woof-woof" when the electric meter reader rang the doorbell, so he's "aware" of a big dog. One of the things I haven't read too much about on Mrs.S is the possible dangers of those who read our meters etc...should :smiley_shitfan:

Much calmer today lol, so I guess everyone has an off day like my yesterday sometimes huh just stressful while its happening. I may have wrote on sons hand in pen where to meet me after school lol.

Tried to purge and pack a few things hubby wasn't in as big of a parting mood with things as I was, not really a surprise though grrr. :frying pan: No really I love him lol. Have to continue with the boxes so we can eat at the table tonight think it will be clean out the fridge night bc I don't feel like cooking.

FRIDAY...Mountain Man and I went to restock our pantry and add just one or two things we didn't have. We've found that if add "something new" each time, then we're more aware of what some things we might need. A good example is at $Tree we bought a couple of ankle braces and also found we could buy bags of bell pepper/onion stir fries for $1 a bag...saving us several cents on each bag. Also went to Save-A-Lot and re-stocked on meats. We did the majority of our shopping at Aldi's (as usual) to re-stock...but we nearly in shell-shock! I just can't believe how the prices have increased!!! Told Mountain Man that it's a good thing I do our cooking, because we wouldn't be able to afford to eat if we bought alot of the prepackaged foods etc. I did break down and buy some squash, zucchini, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. I love to roast them and then put them over spaghetti and drizzle with vinagrette or some sort and then top that with some Feta cheese chunks. Garden time's not too far away! Also went to WM to stock up on Carmex, medicated lip balm, dishwashing (heavy duty) gloves and the checker said "somebody uses alot of Carmex!" My reply "No, just need to stock up because nothing is getting any cheaper". Conversation done...LOL Mountain Man and I will be doing our annual "Super Bowl Pizza Party" right here at home. We love to pop a pizza in the oven, open a Mick Ultra (yes, we enjoy a beer now and then) and watch the super bowl COMMERCIALS! The game is okay, but we love to see the new commercials that will be airing. Plus, we do it right here in our home, nice and warm and we don't even have to get dressed if we don't want to...LOL Weather has been single digit at night, but in upper 20's during day, and sun shining pretty much. Had alot of wind yesterday though, so I guess we were getting some of the drafts that were moving eastward & assailing the upper midwest and northeast. Hoping each of you continue to stay healthy, warm and safe.

Wow I just love Dr's, my youngest has had a belly button hernia since he was born and the Dr said to get it checked at 2 yrs old and we did then he said come back in 6 months and now he say "oh so you think you want to get this fixed now huh?" what does that mean? should of been done sooner or can wait no hurry? and the big kicker we already drive an hour to this dr now we have to drive 1.5 hrs further to see the pediatric surgeon. oh the joys of not being able to strangle the Dr lol. Talked to a lady at our work clinic and got the number for a general surgeon in our town to call on Monday see if he wants to look at him if so well do a consult see what we think of him, I dunno hes a surgeon same anatomy right does it matter if hes not pediatric? not much else going on too tired after driving all day barely got home and was time to get the older kids and its been a quiet and peaceful afternoon haha.

DH just texted and said he pulled two workers at the meat plant apart that were beating each other up with metal bars. really? I think there should be some hazard pay involved lol not this horrible salary crap work 6 twelve's and get paid for only 4 days grrr.

It's cold, windy and snowing here. DH got up early, saw the forcast and woke me up so we could get out the door and get our shopping done early this morning. The stores were busy even early. But, it's the beginning of the month and they are calling for a couple inches of snow.

Another store I don't shop at had bananas on sale for .29/lb. Took the ad with me to Walmart (whose price was .54/lb.) and they price matched that. I loaded up on bananas, too! Dehydrated banana chips are a favorite snack for DH, so I'll be running the dehydrator later today.

Sounds like your day and mine are about alike, OOTO. It's cold windy and snowing here too. I like winter so it's no bother. I also went to the grocery store.

Bad weather + first of the month + super bowl weekend = packed store.

I only needed some more frozen veggie mix for the dehydrator so I was in and out fast. Now I've got 6 more pounds drying. I think the 6 pounds I did the other day and this 6 pounds will fill up a 1/2 gallon jar. Or pretty close to it.

woo hoo 57 and sunny have the window open in the living room and the sun is shining in, so nice! been a pretty good day so far going through kids clothes got a big pile to go to the consignment sale and packing up some clothes too hope to make real progress on the packing front. Dh just left for work and kids are "wrestling" not by my choice. Dinner is pork roast and veggies already in the crock pot so tonight will be a tad bit easier. Hope everyone has a great day and stays warm.

Sounds like your day and mine are about alike, OOTO. It's cold windy and snowing here too. I like winter so it's no bother. I also went to the grocery store.

Bad weather + first of the month + super bowl weekend = packed store.

I only needed some more frozen veggie mix for the dehydrator so I was in and out fast. Now I've got 6 more pounds drying. I think the 6 pounds I did the other day and this 6 pounds will fill up a 1/2 gallon jar. Or pretty close to it.

Love my frozen veggies on the dehydrator! I now know pretty much how many bags I need to fill a quart jar. I use the quarts (or smaller) since it's only the two of us. Don't want to open a big jar and then have to deal with re-sealing it etc. any more than I have to.

woo hoo 57 and sunny have the window open in the living room and the sun is shining in, so nice! been a pretty good day so far going through kids clothes got a big pile to go to the consignment sale and packing up some clothes too hope to make real progress on the packing front. Dh just left for work and kids are "wrestling" not by my choice. Dinner is pork roast and veggies already in the crock pot so tonight will be a tad bit easier. Hope everyone has a great day and stays warm.

Hee, hee...I've got a brisket and veggies in my crock pot too! Put it on this morning knowing we were going to another gun show then a sport show, then going to go meet all our friends at our favorite dance/restaurant place.

We're warmer here again, after a couple of -46 and -48 days. That change came with a heavy wet snow and RAIN this morning, so I was busy having a very early shower, filling the tub with water, cleaning up dishes, and putting a roast beef in the oven. With the weight of the snow and rain we were concerned that the power may go down.

It was a terrible blizzard most of the morning, but has cleared to a beautiful sunny day now. Dh was talking to one of our friends this morning, telling him about our efforts to be a bit prepared just in case. I don't like him telling people our "business" but do realize that he is more on board with prep than he ever was before, and is beggining to try to give people some good ideas.

Dh has moved a mountain of snow down to the bottom of the yard. I think he was having a bit of fun with it this afternoon, enjoying the sun and warmer temps too. It wasn't so much fun cleaning up the two feet of snow that had built up against the front door, and piled in onto the floor when I opened that door to let the dogs out.

SUNDAY...Superbowl Sunday! Mountain Man really enjoys watching for the commercials! He'd done it for years, but always in a sports bar, so when we married we now have a tv party right here at home. Got the pizza ready to stick in the oven for supper, plus plenty of snacks. This is sort of another "holiday" for us! LOL Really slept in this morning, nearly 10:00 ... but we had to get up at 6 to let Abby out for her duties and feed her ... so we had what we call "brunch" (a huge breakfast) of fried potatoes, biscuits & sausage gravy, sausage patty, scrampled eggs and juice. Full as ticks! Gonna shower up and take Abby to the state park for a romp but I'll use my walking stick; the weather is pretty sunny and in the 40's so more than accomodating for our outside hikes etc. The grounds a bit saturated because it seems to be holding the moisture even though we haven't had any significant moisture. Did rain a bit last night, but temp was 43 so it was, truly, just rain. No complaints a'tall. Enjoyed dancing last night with many of our friends (about 25 of us) who met up at a favorite restaurant/dance floor in a discreet place about 30 miles from us, and in the county. Didn't do alot of dancing outside of a few waltz's and 2-steps, and a 20-step or two...LOL The band didn't know Cotton Eyed Joe-type music so we all had to pass on a favorite there, but there were plenty of tunes for the line dancers to stretch their legs a bit...LOL It's really a nice place to congregate, but with it growing so much in popularity, they may have to expand the dance floor some (which they're talking about adding onto their building). Dancing is one of the things we truly enjoy (we met at a ballroom when Mtn.Man came in to learn to waltz...and the owner asked me to be his partner...smile) and it is one of the best exercises around. We've got to get our Wii hooked back up since we converted the enclosed patio into storage, and got rid of the extra tv etc. Also want to make room out there so we can bring our treadmill and weight bar thing down & get them set up. Also need to move the extra pantry shelves out there inside to the bedroom we've converted into a pantry. Only have the one shelving unit in there so we'll have plenty of room to add more. Gonna spend a little time today putting together my "garden list" and start looking for seed bargains (even though I have two gallon baggies full in my deep freeze) since garden season isn't that far ahead of us. We want to add four more squares to our system plus at least one mulch row. Heard some rumors about city councils wanting to run off the farmers market people because they don't pay local taxes, so expanding our gardening system will surely be to our advantage in the long run. will keep the dehydrators running again for sure! Son will be here this year to take care of things (we'll teach him about square gardening & Mel's Mix) so we'll be able to do more rv'ing. Will also train him on dehydrating (we'll take the older, smaller one over for him to practice on) so he can plant some things he'd like, even though we won't eat them...ie...hot peppers etc. He called last night and said one of his dogs had cornered a raccoon in one of the back yards (it's a jack russell terrior) and he had to grab her by her tail and sling her inside the back porch to prevent her from being injured. Told him to open the side gate and usher her out with the trash barrell and if she didn't go...to go get his pellet rifle and "sting" her on out. She ended up scurrying up one of the trees in front and staying until nightfall. I doubt she'll come back since she tangled with the dogs and came up on the shorter end of the stick. There's nothing around there, so I'm thinking she somehow got in (seeing our square foot garden squares?) and when he let his dogs out for their duties, ran under the picnic table & grill under the covered porch there at the homestead house and couldn't get outside of the fence again so took cover where she could find it. Not unusual to see wild life coming into our city, but usually not in winter...but...it's been pretty warm these past few days. Went back to that salvage store that's selling out and found a few more bargains...one whole large flower pot full of personal sized hand soaps for $1. Will vacume seal them up, will make a good trade item with friends if they run short etc. Also a couple of small buckets for Abby's drinking water, since the last one froze and became distorted. We were careless and did get it emptied before it froze. They still had more of the black T-shirt (three for $1.00) so we pretty much bought them out. They're so good for work shirts and don't show all the staining. Bought some big packages of surgical sponges for a $1 a package...GOOD bargain! Also 2 tubes of Crest (big tubes) for $1 (figure if they're not opened won't hurt a thing) to put in our pantry. Also found zinc-oxide tubes, four for $1, just a lot of good items! Also went to WM and stocked up on campho-phinic (?) and carmex...then found we could buy almost the same thing as carmex at $Tree ...two for a buck! Grrrrr! They were hanging on a end cap but didn't have but 2 or 3 packages left, so only bought one...wanted to check it out first. Will definitely go back in a month or so and buy alot more (smile). Everybody take care and enjoy your superbowl Sunday activites, and laugh alot (at the good commercials)!

Edited by Philbe

DH didn't want to watch the Super Bowl last night. That was okay with me...if the Steelers aren't playing, we watch just for the commercials anyway. INSP had Anne of Green Gables movies on yesterday, so that's what I ended up watching.

It's cold here. That's okay...I'd rather it be cold like this than be hot and humid. They're forecasting another 1-3" of snow today.

Just getting the normal laundry/cleaning done today.

WEDNESDAY...Beautiful day! Temp upper 60's and so sunny I really enjoyed my Vitamin D! Packed a picnic lunch and went to the park, then worked at the Little House. Put eight nicely filled hard plastic totes into the storage shed, so that makes the kitchen area ready for more totes and one bedroom on it's way to be empty! Yippee! Abby's laying here at my feet...a tired Abby is a good Abby! She's acting so grown up these days...no remote collar except when we take hikes. She did pull one over on her human daddy this morning though! She's such a bandit when she finds dryer sheets (one reason I've quit using them and went to adding liquid to my laundry) and she found some HD had stuck in his little trash basket beside his bed when folding his clothes. Anyway...As we were getting into bed, he saw her grab one and take off ... with him right after her hollering "drop it! drop it!" So...she did. He came on back to bed...but she wasn't in her bed beside me on the floor. So he raised up to look to see if he could see her...she had tip toed (so her collar/tags didn't jingle) and had confiscated one she had "stashed" (?). Off they were again..."catch me if you can pappa!" Once her stash was gone, she came on back to her bed, and HD laid there and laughed with me and the sight they made! Him calling her "knot head"! Me saying "don't call her names!"...

:grinning-smiley-044: Gonna look around and see if I can find some paperback Bibles to vacume seal in case some people might really want them in a :smiley_shitfan: situation. If I remember correctly our current Pres. once made a statement that some people were "clinging to their guns and Bibles"...just thinking that he's trying to take the guns...will he then make a grab for Bibles? Just thinking out loud.

THURSDAY...didn't take the hike in the state park like we planned, started raining instead of just misting. So we went ahead and packed and pitched more at the Little House. Got eight totes into the storage shed there yesterday, and the kitchen area is again "seeable" and both bedrooms are beginning to be "seeable"...LOL Even made some progress in the enclosed porch (used to be a car port) and emptied a metal shelving unit and moved it into the shed Mtn.Man built last year. It'll be an asset when we sell the house. Been drizzling and raining pretty much all day but not cold. Friend called and said they had more "give aways" so we went and picked up a big box of stuff. Told Mtn.Man I think I need to stop and rest for awhile because I'm feeling very overwhelmed and don't have room for anything anymore. Looking forward to the target practice get together tomorrow...even if it's muddy our friends don't think they'll have any trouble with the tractor and trailer. We'll take tarps so we can lay down on our belly and sit cross-legged to target practice, and not get ourselves wet and muddy. Gonna leave Abby home this time, she acted a bit gun shy last time and we don't want her to start that. Perhaps start her with only us until she gets used to the sound of firearms. When we took our gun safety course, she was alot younger and in her crate, about 100' away from the range line. This last time she had free run and ended up under the trailer first, then in the trailer...wanting her human mommy (who was standing beside the trailer). Had venison burgers, steamed sweet potatoes and a salad for din-din. Tummy's are full. I've got two pumpkin muffins left, seems a shame to leave them alone there on the counter...LOL

MONDAY 2-11-13 Start of another week. Last work project for Mtn.Man ended last week but God was right on time...he got a call from a local hotel that's doing some painting so he'll do that for a couple of days. Then the florist we always deliver flowers for called and again want us to make their deliveries for Valentines day. That will take up most of this week. THEN...it will be time to expand our square foot gardening system so it can "settle" for a bit before we seed. Son will be here this year to take care of things so we can "bug out" the next time we get some acceptable weather. We've had some beautiful days but just no time. We'll camp a few days at the state park since it's so close to the Little House, and then we can work there during the days and come to camp at evening. Little House doesn't have a kitchen yet and we don't plan to put in any appliances so camping will give us our love of the outdoors while we still accomplish our work. Abby seems to be back to herself, but still went light on her breakfast. I'm sure she feels like her tummy's rubbing her spine but will give her another light feed at lunch etc. just to make sure her digestive system can handle it. We noticed her breath seemed really raunchy when we loaded her up in the truck (back seat) so that was probably an indicator that she had an upset tummy. Running in the park she took 3 big time dumps (Mtn.Man loves to use his baggies for a hot load! LOL) so again...was probably an indicator that either she bloated from overeating, or got home of something we were not aware of. She never gets sick from riding, she's an excellent traveler so we're pretty sure it was too much food. Pehaps like a child...just sometimes a bit off center? Nothing major, just not quite right? Took son to put gas in his truck (he's flat broke) so he can go to disability doctor's checkup Wednesday. Still praying the disability will come on through so we don't have to continue to support him. He'd work if he could but it's just not feasible. Can't do any back surgery until the diabetes is under control, the PTSD has got to be dealt with, and he's so discouraged right now because he's pretty much homebound unless somebody takes him someplace. Well, it's time to catch up on laundry...

Hugs to Philbe's son. Hope things get turned around for him soon! :hug3:

Of course when Abby gets enough of it and runs away to Aunt Jeepers home she won't have to worry about over feeding and then being starved half to death any more. :24:

You're a good sport Philbe! BTW, every dog I ever had got car sick. Sometimes in the car and sometimes after we got her home.

Jeepers...here's a pic of "Abby-baby" the very night we brought her home, 6 wks old, about 7 pounds...the eyes were definitely that blue, but later turned the yellow that they are now. I think I'll hunt up your "Jeepers, Abby fan" and post some in there too for you to laught at and enjoy!

Been snowing all day but I guess the ground was too warm bc not very much of it has stuck around maybe half and inch we made a very dirty snowman lol. Not much going on today got gas before it started snowing and visited an aunt and gma then home to wake hubby and see him off. Kids are home and settled so now getting chicken and noodles ready and hope to get a few boxes packed up in my room I got the boys room done yesterday except for what they will need for the next 3 weeks. Meds are doing good having fewer episodes each day and I even think it might be helping my skin and hair very weird! hope everyone is having a great day and stays warm.

WEDNESDAY...ever heard the saying that if some people didn't have bad luck they'd have no luck at all!? We loaned son $25 to put gas in his truck (he's got an old banger that's a gas hog) to drive the 40 miles to another city for his disability doctor exam...only to be told she wasn't in the office that day and had to re-schedule. :frying pan: I can't believe they didn't call him or something to let him know! Even though he's terrible about taking care of his business, I can't imagine he'd deliberately let something like that slide. Anyway, he's upset and whining about not having any money, going to need more gas money for the next appointment and going to need his meds refilled. We're tapped out and so is his grandma. Said he told the doctor's office about not having gas and they told him "you'll be reimbursed" ...yeah, right! Ever waited for reimbursement from the government? He'll just have to call our local transport company that takes his medicaide. As for his meds...that's what his medicaide is for. His co-pay is only $2 or so! He acts like he's got to pay the whole amount..drama, drama, drama...be careful Philbe that you don't let the goat out of the barn!

:tapfoot: Mountain Man's still working...PTL, but for another business establishment. This may open the door for him to even more work for them? We'll deliver flowers tomorrow from 9am until dusk...everybody wants their flowers delivered ON Valentine's Day so that's what the flourist has us do (along with several others). We have the van with the 3rd seat removed so they load us full. Abby-girl will spend the morning and afternoon in her kennel, but the weather's supposed to still be decently warm and no rain. Still trying to get Mountain Man to work on his tax receipts so we can get the stuff to our accountant. Hopefully this will be the last year and we can do our own now that we're retired. We're in a state that reimburses our real estate taxes as part of it's "homestead law" so getting that money back will be much appreciated and the sooner we get it filed, the better. Between the 3 properties we paid out over $2000 in just real estate taxes. Guess that doesn't seem bad to some who live in higher economic areas, but it's still high for us. When two of 3 are sold, we'll drop to about $400 or less. And insurances will drop big time. They tax us to the hilt for personal property (just like nearly every state) so we cringe when tax paying time comes. Glad it's over with for another year. Today's a "mopy" day...just doing laundry for the jeans, not many dishes, and put out a chicken breast for supper. Thinking about putting some sweet potatoes with it. Hmmm...makes me ready for lunch. Bye...