MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Frustrated, feel like I am spinning my wheels...

Oh how I miss that halcyon period between Christmas and New Year's Day! My regular schedule was suspended and I had ample time to sit around and plan for all the great things I was going to to when "things got back to normal". But no normal yet and my house is a torn up mess.

My 14yo dd is transitioning from traditional homeschooling to online school. I've bought 2 desks in the last 2 days. UPS has been here every day for the last 4 days. A new desk in dd's room means her old one is sitting in my living room, waiting until Monday for its turn to go bless someone else. Also in my living room is dd's "downstairs" desk, with her new school computer. Which means all the shelving had to shift around. One shelf lost the battle of justifying the need to keep it. So it is also in the waiting line to go elsewhere. However, its contents are sitting in piles on the floor, waiting to be carried upstairs, given away, sold, or donated. The giant "Keep This Box" that the computer came in is waiting to be well wrapped in plastic so it can go out to the barn. As you might imagine, my living room no longer looks like the launch pad for a woman who has all her cr*p together and is ready to accomplish 13 great new things in 2013.

I haven't had much time at home this week, out buying desks, doncha know! I got diagnosed with Grover's disease, an itchy rash that would drive me insane if I let it. So far no meds giving me much relief that don't have dreadful side effects.

The bottom line is that a week into January and all my well laid plans are lying shattered on the floor. You just can't see them for all the desks and stacks and boxes. My house is a wreck. None of my exciting and orderly plans are getting done. I need things to settle down, and I mean RIGHT NOW!

When mom's and dad's become "empty nesters" they remember all the times of "mess"...and believe it or not, wish sometimes they could see them , touch them or hear them...family sounds. When my first husband passed, I used to sniff his shirts and pillow and wouldn't wash or give them away for a time. But that did pass and then I met Mountain Man, and life began a new and wonderful cycle. That space between a rock and a hard place is sometimes difficult to live through...but, we have a friend in Christ Jesus who left us lot of promises!

I'm not doing great right now either. I have so much to do that I don't know where to start. So I don't. It all gets overwhelming sometimes because it doesn't look like anything will ever get done. And yes, frustrating.

I've had a lousy migraine for 4 days now and it's starting to get to me. My head, neck and jaw are killing me and it's causing nausea. I know it will pass but it's getting depressing. I think this is the weekend son wants us to go get new tires for his car too. He will gladly wait another week but I haven't seen him since Christmas because of his work schedule and I really need to give him the Oscillum (sp) flu med, that I bought for him. I hear the flu is pretty bad this year and I don't want either of us to get it. I'm miserable and whiny.

Jeepers, if your jaw hurts, neck, and head, is it a migraine or do you have TMJ ? I am asking because I had symptoms like that with TMJ before I had my jaw fixed. So sorry things are hard for you now.

Have any of you tried essentiall oils ? I am just now starting to use them. The peppermint really helps ease the pain of my sinuses. I am getting tired of all the drugs.

There are oils that are used for just about everything, including rashes. I would give it a try. They are natural and won't harm you. I was taught about tea tree oil at the diabetes clinic.

I also made some soap and it literally cleared up my friend's rash on her arms. She did not know what it was from, but my soap worked.

Violet, it's migraines. I was diagnosed years ago. One good thing is the older I get the fewer I have. I used to get them every month. I figured this cycle was going to be a bad one because I started seeing flashes of black and blue/white lights. I also get what I call 'med head'. I have trouble getting words out and have thick speech. It sounds worse than it really is and is short lived. Also. I've noticed when we have drastic weather changes I can get migraines. I think it might have something to do with the barometric pressure? We are having that now. It's in the 50's in January in northern Ohio and raining. Crazy weather. I just talked to my son and he has to work tomorrow so I can stay put. Thanks for your good thoughts.

I do have prescription meds (Maxalt) and it helps but I'm stingy with them because they are so expensive.

I had very bad trouble with migraines when I was younger. Monthly, weather changes, etc. One thing that helped me was to take B-complex vitamins. Even if I take a multi-vitamin, I would take the B-complex. Didn't get rid of them completely but it cut down on how many and the severity. I still take them.

At one time, I thought that was a stupid idea and stopped taking the B-complex. Never did that again. Took about a week before the migraines started giving me fits and took almost a month for them to stop after I went back to taking the B-complex.

Migraines and TMJ here! The TMJ caused me to gnash my teeth at night. My almost cure for the migraines was to get off of birth control pills. I also solved some of my TNJ issues with sugar free gum. I can always tell when things are going to be rough, so I will go to bed with a piece of gum in my mouth. The gum acts as a shock absorber for the teeth gnashing and I avoid the neck and jaw pain, too.

Big hugs to everyone! Hillfarm, I have had lots of times where this happens. I do the 15 minutes at a time (Fly lady) to try and get things under control. I lost my storage room when my son moved back in with us, then my daughter needed to store some of her stuff here, then two weeks ago my mom moved into assisted living and now some of her stuff is also stored here. It's made it very difficult for me to keep our own stuff organized. I'm getting tired of stuff....

Thanks, everyone. I'm sad to say that I'm a member of the Migrane Sisters Society too. Had one yesterday. Normally all I get is the visual distortion, headache, and some numbness in my hands. Yesterday I also got some nausea, which really scared me that I was getting the flu instead of a migrane. But I guess not, since I feel back to about 95% today.

There were a bunch of informative but tedious videos I needed to watch for orientation to dd's online school. So while each one was loading I took another load up to the 3rd bedroom - which now looks like a bomb went off there. However, the living room looks nearly back to normal, only one stray desk quietly waiting to leave tomorrow, and the big box that needs wrapped and banished to the barn.

Good to hear you are making progress. Migraines....nasty little creatures that like to cause havoc in my head.... sent me to the ER on several occasions. I have a friend who has a prescription med pen for her migraines. Her's are thyroid induced. ((((((((hillfarm)))))

:pray:

Thanks for the support.

I got one desk and the shelf loaded into the car, plus an old set of encyclopedias that I didn't want but that someone guilted me into accepting. But they are out of here now! My biggest success of the day is that I got my writing done on schedule! It's just the online content writing, but I do like the freedom and the quick money.

I called and got an appointment next Monday to see a naturopath about the Grover's disease. The topicals from the dermatologist just aren't getting it and they want to put me on some meds that have some nasty side effects. I will only do that as an absolute last resort, and maybe not even then. I'm really hoping this other guy can help me. He did several years ago when I was suffering from depression.

So anyway, I will unload the junk wagon tonight at martial arts class - the instructor just opened a new location and can really use a new-to-him desk and shelf. I'm going to see if I can get him to take the encyclopedias to use for improvised weapons training. He showed us how to use a book defensively a while back - it was shocking to see how deadly a decent hardbacked book can be!

Sorry about the migraine. I had them when I was pregnant. So awful.

Really, please look up the DoTerrra site. The peppermint oil really helps me with headaches. If you have one or feel one coming on,rub on the back of your neck. Dilute with any sort of oil and put on your face on your sinus areas and on your forehead.

I do NOT sell these oils. I am just learning about them and using some. I am surprised at how they work. I got other brands, but none are as good as the DoTerra. They also seem to be the only ones you can ingest. I put some peppermint on my tummy the other night when I did not feel so well. It did help.

The lavender should help your Grovers disease. Rub it on and it will help. Sure worth a try !

I am thinking the oil of peppermint might help my sinus, eyeball migraine type pain maybe if I am careful where I rub it in.

I hope you have gotten some control over the migraines by now hillfarm. When my eyes do their thing, even with just not reading things right according to brain , not lenses of eye, I get to the point where I must go lay down and close my eyes or the pain just stays for days lately. Its very hard to focus, literally and mentally on tasks or get them done and move onto the next when it does that. It makes a simple walk to the store a real weird experience too, lol. Add the constant pain , well......... I get it allright. I hope you are feeling better with some method that works or medicine by now.

Edited by arby

Arby, it will help, but you need to dilute the peppermint oil. I just put a small amount in a little jar or container, then add a drop of the oil at a time until it is how I want it. It will make your eyes water if you don't. You can use full strength on the bottom of your feet, though.

:pc_coffee: MtRider reaches for her peppermint oil. Having a pressure and sinus headache. Crash-fell yesterday. I fall all the time but only crash-fall once every few years. Usually I roll out and I'm fine. Not this time. So likely the pressure is from neck being wacked out of place....and there is always sinus with the furnace running. :sigh:

So I'll try for the peppermint and take another Nuprin [which seems to reduce inflamation for me but the 1st one didn't work]. My ears are RINGING so loud today. That's pressure too.

My sympathies to all you headache sufferers!!!!

Hillfarm, I'm glad your house is getting back in order, except the BR where you can work at it gradually while it's out of the way. I hate when I'm tripping on things (yeah, I fall a lot) or it's just visually disturbing when things are jumbled.

MtRider ---not that one could tell it bothers me from the look of my house recently... <_<